2019-2020 University of Southern California (Keck)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
USC... PLEASE reject me, I’ve been complete since 7/3 LOL. Am I being tortured for being a UCLA alumn? :D

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
USC... PLEASE reject me, I’ve been complete since 7/3 LOL. Am I being tortured for being a UCLA alumn? :D
Dean Arias mentioned on interview day that Keck accepts more UCLA alumni than UCLA.... Good luck!!

Reactions: 1 user
did anyone else check their online application and it says you never submitted your application? yet you distinctly remember clicking submit.... and also you can't edit any of your answers in the application (which only happens once you submit)... i'm so confused

Members don't see this ad :)
did anyone else check their online application and it says you never submitted your application? yet you distinctly remember clicking submit.... and also you can't edit any of your answers in the application (which only happens once you submit)... i'm so confused
You should recheck and call them

anyone know if USC is releasing decisions today? dean arias said every other tuesday (which would mean today) but it is new years eve so im not sure...

anyone planning on living in currie hall phase 2?
I plan on living in Currie Hall if I end up deciding to come here. Idk whether it’s the first one or the newer phase II, but it’s the same thing I think

I plan on living in Currie Hall if I end up deciding to come here. Idk whether it’s the first one or the newer phase II, but it’s the same thing I think

I think currie hall is almost full? When I called they said there are only a few spots left, so you wouldn't have a choice for roommates. I figured if I meet someone I want to room with @ second look I might be better off signing up for phase 2

I think currie hall is almost full? When I called they said there are only a few spots left, so you wouldn't have a choice for roommates. I figured if I meet someone I want to room with @ second look I might be better off signing up for phase 2
I think they’re filling up for 2 mans but 3 mans are still open. Most people I think just find roommates through their survey though

How are some of you guys planning on affording the COA without full/half-tuition scholarship offers?? Something I've been mulling over.

Same. As someone from the opposite end of the country, I’m really banking on some sort of scholly to pull the trigger on heading out there. Absolutely loved the school but I don’t think I could justify the $$$ over other offers

Last edited:
is keck still interviewing? IS 515 waiting for an ii ;)

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I emailed their financial aid office and they said they will not be releasing financial aid information until Spring. This seems a little late to me... has anyone received anything yet?

When are they going to send out rejections? Is this one of the silent schools? Been complete since July lol.

Reactions: 6 users
I emailed their financial aid office and they said they will not be releasing financial aid information until Spring. This seems a little late to me... has anyone received anything yet?
I mean they don’t really give need based aid.. i think. So you can just expect to take a lot of loans out.

anyone w half or full tuition schollys get calls before then for the most part, but those can be redistributed down the line as students turn down As

i got waitlisted here earlier but i've been accepted at UCI. just curious for what people think. do you think the cost difference is worth it? i thought i was forsure going to send a letter of intent on April 30th but now I'm not so sure. is there anyone on here with acceptances to both places? or acceptances here and at another UC?

i got waitlisted here earlier but i've been accepted at UCI. just curious for what people think. do you think the cost difference is worth it? i thought i was forsure going to send a letter of intent on April 30th but now I'm not so sure. is there anyone on here with acceptances to both places? or acceptances here and at another UC?

If you are in state you should really consider favoring a UC just for the reduced cost of attendance. My 2 cents.

Reactions: 3 users
If you are in state you should really consider favoring a UC just for the reduced cost of attendance. My 2 cents.
this is where i'm at. i fell in love with keck on ii day but the 100k+ difference for a school that does not appear to be significantly different has me thinking that i should not send that LOI and just be happy with what I have.

I am in a similar boat. I got into USC and I love everything about it except the cost. I have UC interviews coming up...but I am pretty torn. I am trying to apply to lots of scholarships!

this is where i'm at. i fell in love with keck on ii day but the 100k+ difference for a school that does not appear to be significantly different has me thinking that i should not send that LOI and just be happy with what I have.

If they don't make you fall in love with it during interview, how would anyone justify attending and paying for the school over a UC ;)

Anyone accepted (and/or current students watching this thread) have a general idea of when second look happens?

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone accepted (and/or current students watching this thread) have a general idea of when second look happens?
From previous threads, it seems like the "Accepted Students Day" usually is in April!

Do they allow/encourage any sort of communication from us regarding our app/status? I saw they don't accept updates but I've been complete for so long and wanna shoot my shot somehow lol

Do they allow/encourage any sort of communication from us regarding our app/status? I saw they don't accept updates but I've been complete for so long and wanna shoot my shot somehow lol

I feel like there's really nothing you can do at this point. Especially with USC. They don't even want to be bothered with nature publications haha

Reactions: 2 users

I know it’s tempting, but I honestly would not send any kind of update. Dean Arias was very firm about not wanting ANY kind of updates, so I think it wouldn’t help you at all to send one.

II today! Still sending them out :)

A bit late, but this gave me so much hope and now I need to know: what is your MCAT score, if you don't mind sharing?
I have literally seen nobody with my MCAT score get an II or R and I'm hoping they haven't forgotten about us?

A bit late, but this gave me so much hope and now I need to know: what is your MCAT score, if you don't mind sharing?
I have literally seen nobody with my MCAT score get an II or R and I'm hoping they haven't forgotten about us?
Are you a 514?

I have a 521, but if it helps, I saw a few 514's hear back a loooong time ago.
I have a 514 and total silence from here. I think they’re probably right about the hold- potentially we are still in the running for a late interview or if someone drops out. That being said I think Keck interviews a decently broad range of MCAT scores, and these definitely aren’t everything (also gpa, ECs, fit for the school, etc) and so I doubt they sort by/ send decisions exactly by score

idk if helpful to anyone but A today (interviewed early December) - absolutely loved it here!!!

anyone know if scholarships are still available - the CoA is pretty tough...

Reactions: 3 users
Hey, my MCAT score was 516 & 3.75 GPA, instate. :)

idk if helpful to anyone but A today (interviewed early December) - absolutely loved it here!!!

anyone know if scholarships are still available - the CoA is pretty tough...

In looking at last year’s thread, there was one wave of posts where people indicated receiving Merit Scholarships. Only one post about scholarship follow in the thread in later March I believe. I haven’t seen any posts about receiving merit except one during the holiday weeks.

If anyone has received merit award from Keck, or has any updated info, maybe you can chime in.

Update: in other previous years, it seems many times merit scholarship for tuition were offered at time of Acceptance, so who knows for this and future years.

Last edited:
Im an Cali resident and would take any UC over USC purely for tuition purposes. Unfortunately all the schools I have been accepted to instate and out of state are all private so they are roughly similar tuition prices, although USC is still the highest out of all of them. However, when I walk outside in the middle of January and its beautiful and 70 degrees, I'm willing to pay the extra knowing its snowing and freezing at all the other schools I've been accepted to lol.

Reactions: 6 users
Any accepted students using the Slack invitation they sent out? I'm unfamiliar with the platform and don't see anyone talking

Any accepted students using the Slack invitation they sent out? I'm unfamiliar with the platform and don't see anyone talking

I got on it when I got my email. Its kinda quiet, but if you post a hello or something people will react. I put my region and commented w some people!

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users