2019-2020 University of Southern California (Keck)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those who know a little more about this process than I do, should I still have hope? My interview is in late Feb, I am SUPER excited but also nervous and don't wanna set unrealistic expectations.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! So I'm supposed to interview on 2/25, but unfortunately supposed to be at the Gordon Research Conference in Italy that week. I called USC and they said that all the other interview spots are full, but they said if anyone who is interviewing on 2/4, 2/5, 2/7, 2/19, 2/21, or 2/28 would be willing to switch with me that would work. So desperate would even pay you, message me if you would be down.

USC's being awfully quiet about those schollys...

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
USC's being awfully quiet about those schollys...

There have been so few mentions of calls regarding scholarships on the thread this year... I told myself if I somehow got a significant scholarship (Which she hinted at the potential on the phone w/ my A???) I'd commit. These people from their housing keep calling me and I keep delaying since I don't want to just burn money on the app or burn more money giving up my spot if I choose to go elsewhere :bored:

amazing profile lol

There have been so few mentions of calls regarding scholarships on the thread this year... I told myself if I somehow got a significant scholarship (Which she hinted at the potential on the phone w/ my A???) I'd commit. These people from their housing keep calling me and I keep delaying since I don't want to just burn money on the app or burn more money giving up my spot if I choose to go elsewhere :bored:
And yah same (except I wasn’t hinted at one). Ima end up in the basement of Currie at this rate

Reactions: 1 users
Mind elaborating on how she hinted at a scholarship? I had the same impression but I can’t tell if it’s something she does at the end of every call she makes :/

You know, I still remember catching a whiff of her being a savage when she was talking about "don't send an update even if you publish in Nature" lol. So I do not understand why it never dawned on me that she might play me. Sure, after she accepted me she said something to the effect of "I can't tell you right now, but I have something in store that will make you not look/accept other schools." I thought that was her implying I was nominated for consideration of a scholarship based on my interviewer. Of course, I just might not have gotten it once the committee talked about it or w/e their process is - was my thinking.

Members don't see this ad :)
You know, I still remember catching a whiff of her being a savage when she was talking about "don't send an update even if you publish in Nature" lol. So I do not understand why it never dawned on me that she might play me. Sure, after she accepted me she said something to the effect of "I can't tell you right now, but I have something in store that will make you not look/accept other schools." I thought that was her implying I was nominated for consideration of a scholarship based on my interviewer. Of course, I just might not have gotten it once the committee talked about it or w/e their process is - was my thinking.
Yeah I got no such hint. RIP.

All she told me was “don’t let other schools take you away from us”

offer me some money then!!

Finally just got the pre-II R, complete mid-July. It was such a nice email though, it took me a few lines to even realize it was a rejection :laugh:

Reactions: 6 users
Rejected. Complete first week. Expected though since they gave out all their interviews like months ago.

• Sad
To those who already interviewed- what did you do during the hour break?

My interview group sat in on an embryology lecture for a bit. Some interviewees went down to financial aid or the office of diversity. We were also offered a Currie Hall tour but it was like 95 degrees outside and we didn’t want to return as sweaty puddles right before our second interview lol

That definitely seems to allude to a future scholarship offer of some sort but left vague enough to keep you guessing..

After telling me that I had been accepted, she said “the committee reallyy loved you!” She then told me to “call [her] any time if were to ever need anything,” that she was “willing to do whatever it takes to keep [me] away from all the other schools she knows will be trying to steal [me] away.”

I didn’t think anything of it because I assumed she probably says something pretty similar to every candidate she accepts. I have also never imagined myself as the type of candidate to be considered for a scholarship.

However, compared to acceptance calls I’ve received from other schools, that one was by far the most “enthusiastic.” It probably didn’t mean anything, but I do still wonder if that enthusiasm was textbook for her or not...?

L
That definitely seems to allude to a future scholarship offer of some sort but left vague enough to keep you guessing..

After telling me that I had been accepted, she said “the committee reallyy loved you!” She then told me to “call [her] any time if were to ever need anything,” that she was “willing to do whatever it takes to keep [me] away from all the other schools she knows will be trying to steal [me] away.”

I didn’t think anything of it because I assumed she probably says something pretty similar to every candidate she accepts. I have also never imagined myself as the type of candidate to be considered for a scholarship.

However, compared to acceptance calls I’ve received from other schools, that one was by far the most “enthusiastic.” It probably didn’t mean anything, but I do still wonder if that enthusiasm was textbook for her or not...?
Lol heard the same thing

Sounds like you're in a better position than me to get it, buddy. I'd love to stay IS, but that 100k CoA is steep and it is my only current Cali A. I guess we'll find out with time. :greedy:

Yeah that’s the response I got

I didn’t consider myself a scholly person either, but then I learned that interviewers recommend... so If they loved me that much, did they drop my name?

Money would be big as an OOS guy

Yeah that’s the response I got

I didn’t consider myself a scholly person either, but then I learned that interviewers recommend... so If they loved me that much, did they drop my name?

Money would be big as an OOS guy

I managed to snag Texan OOS A which is 1/2 the CoA. Honestly thought I would get into a few schools IS way before any Texas school would invite me. But just like my hero Thanos said, reality is often disappointing. (Disappointed I haven't gotten more IS love)

My interview group sat in on an embryology lecture for a bit. Some interviewees went down to financial aid or the office of diversity. We were also offered a Currie Hall tour but it was like 95 degrees outside and we didn’t want to return as sweaty puddles right before our second interview lol

Thank you so much for your response. My interview is coming up. I'm excited and nervous!

Anyone else complete in July and still not rejected pre II?

Reactions: 8 users

Lmfaooo we were all told the same thing.

Yeah I was also told the same thing and right now it's my only A and the place I want to be so it looks like loans will be the way I finance with WILD COA if I don't get a nice scholarship

I’ve been complete since July 3

Same, I think they are holding on to us as back-ups, in other words we are the waitlist to the waitlist lol.

They probably thought we were good enough to be students, but we didn't catch their eye (or they did some statistical wizardry and though the chance of us attending was too low or something) so now we are in purgatory XD

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Same, I think they are holding on to us as back-ups, in other words we are the waitlist to the waitlist lol.

They probably thought we were good enough to be students, but we didn't catch their eye (or they did some statistical wizardry and though the chance of us attending was too low or something) so now we are in purgatory XD
So you're saying there's a chance...I'll take it.

Reactions: 4 users
Watch the ringer, Dr. Arias is out here handing out scholarships. Just got the call for a half tuition!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 12 users
just got the half tuition call too!!! as an OOS i was super confused about an LA number calling LOL glad I picked up

Reactions: 6 users
+3 I’m so excited!!!! I feel so grateful honestly I can’t believe it!

Reactions: 3 users
are people filling out the roommate interest form only if they are 100% they're going to keck ? Or is anyone filling it out just because they are most likely going?

are people filling out the roommate interest form only if they are 100% they're going to keck ? Or is anyone filling it out just because they are most likely going?
I'm filling it out because I'm pretty sure but not 100%