2019-2020 University of Southern California (Keck)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre-II R just now unfortunately. Complete early July. I was still holding out hope but alas. Congrats to everyone else!

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Took that pre-II axe too today. Joining the R party :hardy:

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Never thought I’d be jealous of people receiving a rejection. Still pre-ii silence since 7/19. Come on Keck, axe my west coast chances! There’s a spot on my spreadsheet with your name on it!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
got axed today too. completed mid August :cool::cool:

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Uhhhh... I definitely didn’t get the students dinner or a day in the life of keck thing ... :(

So the event invitation for April 2nd says it’s put on by the admissions office and diversity council which makes me think it’s something aimed at URMs. Could be wrong though! I think the event on the 3rd is more their version of ‘second look’ according to the admissions office.

Do they send decisions the day the committee meets or do they do it later?

Got the R too! Complete since 7/19, so it's about time!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
amazing profile lol

Yeah that’s the response I got

I didn’t consider myself a scholly person either, but then I learned that interviewers recommend... so If they loved me that much, did they drop my name?

Money would be big as an OOS guy

Hey nCoV, m1 here, congrats for getting in! Have to say though your username and "est. wuhan 630+ deaths" stuff seems kind of rough =/. People actively dying and/or panicking from that virus rn! You'll see similar heartbreaking stuff at the county hospital here. Maybe you mean it as like it's a motivator for going into medicine but it also comes off as kind of cavalier. Just my 2 cents!

Last edited:
Hey nCoV, m1 here, congrats for getting in! Have to say though your username and "est. wuhan 630+ deaths" stuff seems kind of rough =/. People actively dying and/or panicking from that virus rn! You'll see similar heartbreaking stuff at the county hospital here. Maybe you mean it as like it's a motivator for going into medicine but it also comes off as kind of cavalier. Just my 2 cents!
I purely meant it to keep track of what’s going on, but I can delete it.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone have any experience/success with trying to negotiate money from Keck? I have other As with much lower COA and I love Keck but it’s just so expensive :( I know these scholarships must be crazy competitive though

Does anyone have any experience/success with trying to negotiate money from Keck? I have other As with much lower COA and I love Keck but it’s just so expensive :( I know these scholarships must be crazy competitive though

I emailed and I got a big “check out these outside opportunities” lol so absolutely no luck

are we expecting calls today? I remember during my interview day she mentioned this Tuesday

It’s strange that there has been no communication recently

i am slightly worried that there are just no more spots available, but at my int day dean arias said there was enough room for everyone. ive been on pins and needles for a while

Dear Dean Arias, if you are reading this, please call

Yeah leveraging didn’t work, and I was still hit with the “check out fastweb.com”
All of the recruitment schollys have been given out according to the admissions office:( We'll just have to be patient to wait and see if anyone declines the offer later on!

• Sad
i am slightly worried that there are just no more spots available, but at my int day dean arias said there was enough room for everyone. ive been on pins and needles for a while
I wonder if that is standard recruitment talk...

Looking at last year's thread- very few acceptances past Feb. :(

• Sad
Looking at last year's thread- very few acceptances past Feb. :(

Maybe things will be different this year! It was a different style two years ago so maybe they fixed some kinks?

i wonder if the lack of calls mean there are no more A's to go out

interviewed 2/7 and got WL today 2/12 - not sure if i should be happy or sad