Sep 16, 2019
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
When everybody be talking about schollys, when I'd be a solid student and wouldn't ask for anything but an A lol

Reactions: InsertBasicUsername
About the Ads

cal-nm

2+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2017
Hi! Does anyone have any specific interview advice?/Anthing cool to do on interview day?

Oct 20, 2019
I received invitations to an accepted students dinner on April 2nd, “A Day in the Life of a Keck Student” presentation during the day on April 3rd, and the student social during the evening on April 3rd.

Reactions: uclabruin1919

The-Medical-Mamba

2+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
I received invitations to an accepted students dinner on April 2nd, “A Day in the Life of a Keck Student” presentation during the day on April 3rd, and the student social during the evening on April 3rd.
Uhhhh... I definitely didn’t get the students dinner or a day in the life of keck thing ... :(

Jan 31, 2019
Status
Medical Student
Is today decision day? Or is it next Tues?

Reactions: Wakanda70
About the Ads
May 17, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Never thought I’d be jealous of people receiving a rejection. Still pre-ii silence since 7/19. Come on Keck, axe my west coast chances! There’s a spot on my spreadsheet with your name on it!

premed athlete

2+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Uhhhh... I definitely didn’t get the students dinner or a day in the life of keck thing ... :(
So the event invitation for April 2nd says it’s put on by the admissions office and diversity council which makes me think it’s something aimed at URMs. Could be wrong though! I think the event on the 3rd is more their version of ‘second look’ according to the admissions office.

Sep 9, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
R (finally). Complete 8/22.

May 17, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Got the R too! Complete since 7/19, so it's about time!

Last edited:
About the Ads
Sep 29, 2019
New York, NY
Status
Pre-Medical
R just now. Complete 9/27

ancora imparo

2+ Year Member
May 16, 2017
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
amazing profile lol
Yeah that’s the response I got

I didn’t consider myself a scholly person either, but then I learned that interviewers recommend... so If they loved me that much, did they drop my name?

Money would be big as an OOS guy
Hey nCoV, m1 here, congrats for getting in! Have to say though your username and "est. wuhan 630+ deaths" stuff seems kind of rough =/. People actively dying and/or panicking from that virus rn! You'll see similar heartbreaking stuff at the county hospital here. Maybe you mean it as like it's a motivator for going into medicine but it also comes off as kind of cavalier. Just my 2 cents!

Last edited:
Reactions: Doctorburke

The-Medical-Mamba

2+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey nCoV, m1 here, congrats for getting in! Have to say though your username and "est. wuhan 630+ deaths" stuff seems kind of rough =/. People actively dying and/or panicking from that virus rn! You'll see similar heartbreaking stuff at the county hospital here. Maybe you mean it as like it's a motivator for going into medicine but it also comes off as kind of cavalier. Just my 2 cents!
I purely meant it to keep track of what’s going on, but I can delete it.

May 7, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Does anyone have any experience/success with trying to negotiate money from Keck? I have other As with much lower COA and I love Keck but it’s just so expensive :( I know these scholarships must be crazy competitive though

Jul 31, 2018
Does anyone have any experience/success with trying to negotiate money from Keck? I have other As with much lower COA and I love Keck but it’s just so expensive :( I know these scholarships must be crazy competitive though
I emailed and I got a big “check out these outside opportunities” lol so absolutely no luck

Jul 6, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
are we expecting calls today? I remember during my interview day she mentioned this Tuesday

Reactions: Wakanda70
Jan 31, 2019
Status
Medical Student
gosh. i am so antsy

About the Ads
Jan 31, 2019
Status
Medical Student
It’s strange that there has been no communication recently
i am slightly worried that there are just no more spots available, but at my int day dean arias said there was enough room for everyone. ive been on pins and needles for a while

About the Ads