2019-2020 University of Southern California (Keck)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Received an email said on the alternate list, is that same as waitlist?
Anyone else received on the alternate list?

Received an email said on the alternate list, is that same as waitlist?
Anyone else received on the alternate list?
Yeah I think that is what they call their wait list. Looks like no one comes off of it

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do people get rejected after an interview here cuz it seems like everyone just gets waitlisted?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using SDN mobile

Has anyone seen anything about financial aid forms we need to do? Just making sure I’m not missing anything!

Members don't see this ad :)
Finally got the pre-II R axe. Good luck everyone!!

• Sad
interviewed late January and still haven't heard anything (no calls, no WL email, no updated portal)...does USC do "silent" rejections?

So no full tuition scholarships are being offered here this year?

• Hmm
Reactions: 4 users
not sure if there are any more A's to go out; no A's have been reported in atleast a month so probably no calls and just WL emails from here on out. could be wrong though.

I’m wondering why they wouldn’t just WL all of us already if there aren’t anymore A’s to go out.

have they given out all the "merit" scholarships do we think?

I mean it's just a phone call, and they're typically given out January-February based on the prior thread. I'm sure there will be redistribution once April rolls around and people start dropping their As.

In that same line of questioning, does anyone know how liberal USC is with increasing their merit offers?

Hi everyone! Congrats to those of you who have committed to coming to Keck this fall!

If you're a female and are interested in living in Currie Hall, I'm currently living in a 4 br in the original building (not the new one by the train tracks) and am looking for someone to take over my lease come this summer.

Living on campus has been a great experience during my first year for many reasons, but I'm looking to move off campus to live with some friends. PM me if you're interested :)

Typically if there is any movement off of the WL, when does it happen?

Typically if there is any movement off of the WL, when does it happen?
Dean Arias said to send a short email on April 30th (I believe this is the date, but someone please correct me if not) if you are on the WL and are still interested. So I am guessing there will be movement around then!

Withdrew my acceptance. Same message lol, but let's extend a courtesy to our fellow applicants and withdraw as soon as you're absolutely convinced you will not be attending to hasten WL movement.

As a side note, they awarded me a half-tuition recruitment scholarship. Hopefully, that gets redistributed to one of you

Best

Reactions: 10 users
Does anyone get off the waitlist for this school? Seems like movement was minimal last year

WL right now... interviewed 2/25 but dean arias said the committee would not meet until 3/16 so im confused... does anyone know what's going on?

Waitlisted; Interviewed 2/26.

Anxiety is at an all time high, just spent 15 minutes stalking last years thread to see if people actually get off the wait list. There were a few, so trying to not compltely lose hope.

they are clearly out of seats! all interviews past 1/18 seemed to have been for the WL

Has anyone else still not heard back post-II from more than 3 weeks ago?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
does anyone get post II rejections here or does everyone get waitlisted?

they are clearly out of seats! all interviews past 1/18 seemed to have been for the WL

This sounds about right. There haven't been any acceptance reports from January and February interviewees so that points to a full class since the end of December.

Last edited:
Withdrew my acceptance. Same message lol, but let's extend a courtesy to our fellow applicants and withdraw as soon as you're absolutely convinced you will not be attending to hasten WL movement.

As a side note, they awarded me a half-tuition recruitment scholarship. Hopefully, that gets redistributed to one of you

Best

Did they let you know about your scholarship in the acceptance email?