2019-2020 University of Tennessee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please tag a pre-allo moderator when the second prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: University of Tennessee

Members don't see this ad.

Got an email this morning that my primary app is under review! Fingers crossed for that secondary!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! Current M2 here! This process can be long and brutal so here to help answer any questions and/or make this process a bit easier!

Per their website, they won't start sending them out until August 18th!

Hey everyone! Current M2 here! This process can be long and brutal so here to help answer any questions and/or make this process a bit easier!
How's the school? Hows Memphis? I am tempted to apply, but I am leary of living in Memphis

How's the school? Hows Memphis? I am tempted to apply, but I am leary of living in Memphis

Hey! About to start M2 yearr next week and it's kind of crazy how fast M1 year went by! Overall, I really like it! The grading system is A-F, so that and this being Memphis made me a bit weary of it, but it genuinely is a great place to be. As long as you're smart and not going to fill up gas at like 2 AM in the morning (like in any other big city), Memphis is pretty great! Great undergrad campus, TONS of food, and lots of good hiking/music stuff to do here. M1 year is def busy, but you will definitely have time outside to just have fun! Overall, I really like it! And the new dean really is making some awesome changes to improve the school and make research a more prominent focus.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
(im)patiently waiting for any response from the school lol

Reactions: 1 users
IS patiently (not so patiently) waiting. Hoping one rough college semester doesn't hold me back too much. stats below. thoughts?

IS patiently (not so patiently) waiting. Hoping one rough college semester doesn't hold me back too much. stats below. thoughts?
I highly doubt that they will be worried about your MCAT and gpa stats. Your MCAT score is amazing and your gpa isnt even bad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Tell my OCD anxiety that!
Do you have any other interviews? I have a friend who interviewed here last year in March and was accepted so we may be waiting for a while

Do you have any other interviews? I have a friend who interviewed here last year in March and was accepted so we may be waiting for a while
UTHS is notoriously late in the cycle. I just submitted secondaries to all my other schools this week, so no interviews yet. Only applied to 8 schools. Univ Arkansas Medical School is also late in the cycle, so I'll be waiting for a bit.

Reactions: 1 user
seems like last year the first round of secondaries were sent around end of august. fingers crossed for getting one! :)

Good luck to everyone!!! OOS applicant HOPING for a secondary!

OOS. Since UTN operates a bit slow it might be a while as an OOS student to be looked at.

Their website said they send secondaries from August-January.

IS, secondary received!

Last edited:
IS secondary received and submitted this morning.

Stupid question, but did y'all submit the secondary form with the coursework information as one pdf or as two pdfs?

@microbio2020 I submitted two PDFs. Also did you guys put anything for the optional "additional comments" question? I'm not sure if a diversity essay is appropriate here or if I should leave it blank.

Thanks @anesdeezsia! I'm not planning on putting anything for it. I feel like at this point they are pretty interested in us, and if they wanted us to write secondary essays they'd have asked. Maybe if you have an important update like a pub or something it might warrant it.

Reactions: 2 users
Got my primary received notice 8/9 from UTHS. Did not get a secondary in this first round. Should I be worried? Did anyone get a secondary that submitted/completed their primary in August? From the posts above it looks like everyone who has received a secondary in this round had their primary submitted by the end of July.

Got my primary received notice 8/9 from UTHS. Did not get a secondary in this first round. Should I be worried? Did anyone get a secondary that submitted/completed their primary in August? From the posts above it looks like everyone who has received a secondary in this round had their primary submitted by the end of July.
I received receipt of primary on August 1st and also haven’t heard anything.

I was verified in June and recieved the primary recieved email July 3 and still haven't heard anything. Anyone else in the same boat? Will I be notified if they decide not to send me a secondary?

I was verified in June and recieved the primary recieved email July 3 and still haven't heard anything. Anyone else in the same boat? Will I be notified if they decide not to send me a secondary?

I didn't receive one either and mine was received July 2nd. :/

In the same boat, friend!

Glad to know it's not just me! Hopefully we get one soon though! Are you guys IS or OOS?

I know me too! I hope we get one soon! I'm IS from Memphis. I wonder if they're coming out continually or in distinct batches.

I know me too! I hope we get one soon! I'm IS from Memphis. I wonder if they're coming out continually or in distinct batches.

It kind of seems like they're coming out in batches. I wonder when/if it would be okay to call or something just so I know if I should keep waiting for it or not.

Pretty sure it is in batches! I’m IS from Memphis and feel fairly confident about my app/fit with the school, under review 7/2 and haven’t received one either.

I talked to a friend who just started there this year and she received hers in the first half of September but not the first day they were out!

Reactions: 3 users
Pretty sure it is in batches! I’m IS from Memphis and feel fairly confident about my app/fit with the school, under review 7/2 and haven’t received one either.

I talked to a friend who just started there this year and she received hers in the first half of September but not the first day they were out!
That is good to know thank you! Fingers crossed for us!

In the same boat, friend!

That is good to know thank you! Fingers crossed for us!

Have you guys heard anything yet/recieved the secondary? Starting to wonder if I should just call and ask!