2019-2020 Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
also got accepted off HPWL this morning

Congrats!! What was your interview date? And what campus did you select?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
HPWL acceptance this morning at 10:30!! Vermont Campus, interviewed 11/23, sent a letter of interest on 4/9. Looks like they're slowly making their way through the HPWLs

Reactions: 17 users
Congratulations! And thank you for the clear information!

HPWL acceptance this morning at 10:30!! Vermont Campus, interviewed 11/23, sent a letter of interest on 4/9. Looks like they're slowly making their way through the HPWLs

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats to those getting off HPWL.

Reminder: if you got accepted and aren’t going to matriculate PLEASE withdraw your acceptance :angelic:

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know how many people are on the HPWL v. the normal WL?? I know it's super early in the WL season but I am STRESSED lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how many people are on the HPWL v. the normal WL?? I know it's super early in the WL season but I am STRESSED lol

I don’t think they will give that information, but it probably won’t hurt to ask the admissions office!

On the HPWL and feeling stressed with this perceived lack of movement... do you guys still think this year they will take about everyone off the HPWL? I know it’s early, but I just keep convincing myself it’s not gonna happen :(

Reactions: 3 users
According to last year's thread, students were pulled off the HPWL through mid-June. Admissions said they plan to admit the same number of students this year as they have in past years. It's impossible to otherwise say who might be pulled off and when. There's a reason they have a HPWL in lieu of sending immediate acceptances, which is to protect UVM from over-admitting.

Reactions: 1 users
Admissions said they plan to admit the same number of students this year as they have in past years.
Do you mean admitting overall (like the entire class size), or that you heard they are planning to clear the HPWL like in past years?

They said the final class size this year will be similar to previous years. They did not say anything about how many HPWL they anticipate clearing. Even if they did say how many HPWL they anticipate clearing, what they anticipate may not be the same as what actually happens as this is dependent upon how many students decline their acceptance to UVM this year.

Hello! Does anyone know if UVM has accepted people off the regular waitlist in past years? Trying to figure out how realistic my chances are

Hello! Does anyone know if UVM has accepted people off the regular waitlist in past years? Trying to figure out how realistic my chances are

From what I understand, there isn’t much movement with regular waitlist, but at least a few people do come off the regular waitlist.

Admissions said that some people usually come off of regular waitlist, they gave a number but I forget. Also I really wouldn't worry for HPWL... The admissions dean could not have been clearer that EVERY SINGLE PERSON is pulled in a typical year, including in all recent years.

Reactions: 3 users
If you go back to previous threads and have read them- everyone on the HPWL has come off the past few years.

Also some people reported coming off the regular waitlist.

Also, like my last comment- if you were waitlisted but aren’t going here please email to make you are removed

Does anyone know if MSAR WL statistics apply specifically to HPWL or both HPWL/Alternate list candidates ?

Does anyone know if MSAR WL statistics apply specifically to HPWL or both HPWL/Alternate list candidates ?
It says ~50 offers and ~150-200 total ppl so I would guess it's probably just 50 HPWL and 100-150 alternate list

It says ~50 offers and ~150-200 total ppl so I would guess it's probably just 50 HPWL and 100-150 alternate list
Thank you! So I guess it’s safe to assume that if you’re not on HPWL it’s probably not going to happen ?

Thank you! So I guess it’s safe to assume that if you’re not on HPWL it’s probably not going to happen ?
I wouldn't give up hope! I've been watching this thread for a bit and it seems like a lot of people (compared to other schools) have been dropping their acceptances to UVM lately so they very well could take ppl from the alternate list too!

vaguely remember at my interview day them saying the most(max in history) they pulled from normal Waitlist was like 10-12

vaguely remember at my interview day them saying the most(max in history) they pulled from normal Waitlist was like 10-12
I see! I scrolled up and someone else said they heard 30 on their interview lol

I wouldn't give up hope! I've been watching this thread for a bit and it seems like a lot of people (compared to other schools) have been dropping their acceptances to UVM lately so they very well could take ppl from the alternate list too!

Thank you! I have multiple WLs and no As so I just wanted to bring myself to realize that I should be plan on reapplying

Withdrew my acceptance, I wish everyone the best of luck

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 6 users
Have any accepted students received anything in the mail, like an official acceptance letter/packet?

30 from the regular waitlist? Who said that?
It might have been me. I vaguely remember that now! All I know is that there is absolutely hope for the normal waitlist, and that they pull many people in a typical year. If I said 30 in december it was probably fresh in my mind. Definitely recall it being more than a dozen

I called UVM today and they told me to stay hopefully for HPWL applicants ! They do anticipate more movement, albeit, they're not sure when we'll see it. They mentioned that we will be seeing movement for the next 2-3 months and a new round of scholarships will be given for waitlist peeps. So let's keep our heads up!!!! We got this

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Thank you for sharing the news!

I called UVM today and they told me to stay hopefully for HPWL applicants ! They do anticipate more movement, albeit, they're not sure when we'll see it. They mentioned that we will be seeing movement for the next 2-3 months and a new round of scholarships will be given for waitlist peeps. So let's keep our heads up!!!! We got this

Recently accepted off of the HPWL (CT campus)! Previously sent a letter of interest. Excited to attend!

Reactions: 12 users
Recently accepted off of the HPWL (CT campus)! Previously sent a letter of interest. Excited to attend!

Congrats! What was your interview date?

What are ppl on the HPWLs thoughts on reapplying at this point? My undergrads composite letter app is due on 5/15 but they’re hesitant to write one for someone who has a comparatively higher chance of getting off a waitlist :/

What are ppl on the HPWLs thoughts on reapplying at this point? My undergrads composite letter app is due on 5/15 but they’re hesitant to write one for someone who has a comparatively higher chance of getting off a waitlist :/

You are not a medical student until you get an A in hand. There is no guarantee and you’re not entitled to it unless you get it in writing. Tell your committee that and to stop hindering you from appropriately reasonable preparation. You should be preparing for a reapplication until shown otherwise.

Reactions: 4 users
You are not a medical student until you get an A in hand. There is no guarantee and you’re not entitled to it unless you get it in writing. Tell your committee that and to stop hindering you from appropriately reasonable preparation. You should be preparing for a reapplication until shown otherwise.
Correct you should assume you are a re applicant this point in terms of how you should be preparing your application. There’s a Very high likelihood you get off but until then proceed like you aren’t. Also why are they writing a new one? My school just updated and sent the same one out with an update.

Any idea or speculation when the next wave of WL movement will come through?

There seems to be no movements at all for a few days? Or people are just not reporting here any more? :-\

They're probably just counting the scholarship dollars to give out to all of us. That's probably why it's taking so long ;)

Reactions: 7 users