2019-2020 Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They're probably just counting the scholarship dollars to give out to all of us. That's probably why it's taking so long ;)
I like it! That is what will keep me going through all this waiting :claps:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I think students 5 days to accept an acceptance from a waitlist since May 1, so probably every week or so they should be sending out more. But Vermont may also have opted to do longer than the minimum 5 days to accept an acceptance.

Reactions: 2 users
Just a reminder it’s May 12th, waitlist movement will extend until the first day of orientation in August. There’s literally almost 3 more months of movement. It does not happen all at once!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'll just need to make sure to let them know about my other CTE deadline since I have an acceptance (even though I'd rather go here)

Reactions: 1 user
I withdrew here yesterday with a substantial scholarship so I hope someone gets accepted soon (also if anyone wants to ask for more money, now is your chance!)

Accepted off the HPWL this morning but I have declined the offer, hope it goes to one of you!!

IIed in October

Reactions: 11 users
I withdrew here yesterday with a substantial scholarship so I hope someone gets accepted soon (also if anyone wants to ask for more money, now is your chance!)
Just curious. How long did it take for them to offer you a scholarship after acceptance?

Is today the day? It has now been over a year since many of us began the med school application process. While the days can be counted, the psychological and emotional components associated with this process are not so easily quantified. Many of us have put our lives on hold for a year patiently waiting and remaining diligent. Yet, today is May 18th. Another application season is underway and many of us on WL’s remain in a shroud of uncertainty and speculation. Should we spend the $170 to verify our next year’s applications? Will that $170 be wasted or is it a prudent expense? Likewise, premedical courses and activities don’t always translate well to sustainable careers. Therefore, some of us if rejected may desire to apply to PA school, get MBA’s, or apply to law school. Each route has its own application, exam, and associated deadlines. We are faced with the questions of should we invest the time, money, and effort into studying for and applying to these other entities or will it ultimately be wasted if eventually we are accepted into med school? Maybe some of us lost jobs during this COVID crisis and are fortunate enough to interview for an opening. If our interviewer asks any of us how long we can commit to the company for, our answers of IDK won’t likely be well received. Therefore, this my plea. Out of respect to the time, money, and effort we’ve invested into gaining an acceptance into your program, please either accept or reject us already so that we may move on with our lives.

Respectfully,
_ABC123_

Members don't see this ad :)
Is today the day? It has now been over a year since many of us began the med school application process. While the days can be counted, the psychological and emotional components associated with this process are not so easily quantified. Many of us have put our lives on hold for a year patiently waiting and remaining diligent. Yet, today is May 18th. Another application season is underway and many of us on WL’s remain in a shroud of uncertainty and speculation. Should we spend the $170 to verify our next year’s applications? Will that $170 be wasted or is it a prudent expense? Likewise, premedical courses and activities don’t always translate well to sustainable careers. Therefore, some of us if rejected may desire to apply to PA school, get MBA’s, or apply to law school. Each route has its own application, exam, and associated deadlines. We are faced with the questions of should we invest the time, money, and effort into studying for and applying to these other entities or will it ultimately be wasted if eventually we are accepted into med school? Maybe some of us lost jobs during this COVID crisis and are fortunate enough to interview for an opening. If our interviewer asks any of us how long we can commit to the company for, our answers of IDK won’t likely be well received. Therefore, this my plea. Out of respect to the time, money, and effort we’ve invested into gaining an acceptance into your program, please either accept or reject us already so that we may move on with our lives.

Respectfully,
_ABC123_
Beautifully written. Stop playing with us UVM

Hey all, pretty new to this but have read some forums before. I think I had a major goof, I was put on the HPWL 3/13 via email and read no "No need for updates or additional action at this time" and never went back into my secondary app portal. Doing some housekeeping this morning and realized there was a button to click to accept he HPWL position....I had sent an update in April expressing my desire to attend UVM if accepted and just "officially" clicked that waitlist button today. Mildly freaked out that I didnt see that for two months and now concerned I wont get taken off if given the chance.

Anyone else ever do something like this?
A friend of mine didn’t notice the button until two weeks ago and emailed admissions and they told him it doesn’t affect his position on the waitlist. If you are still worried, just shoot them an email!

Hey all, pretty new to this but have read some forums before. I think I had a major goof, I was put on the HPWL 3/13 via email and read no "No need for updates or additional action at this time" and never went back into my secondary app portal. Doing some housekeeping this morning and realized there was a button to click to accept he HPWL position....I had sent an update in April expressing my desire to attend UVM if accepted and just "officially" clicked that waitlist button today. Mildly freaked out that I didnt see that for two months and now concerned I wont get taken off if given the chance.

Anyone else ever do something like this?
You’ll be totally fine! I came to the same realization in May and talked to admissions. It won’t impact you at all.

Also accepted off hpwl today OOS VT campus. Interviewed in feb.

Also accepted off hpwl today OOS VT campus. Interviewed in feb.
Are the acceptances for each day all going out at the same time? Like everyone getting in today heard at 9 am but varied reporting to SDN (reasonably)? Aka today’s not my day so i should just chill on the email refreshing...

+5! Good luck to all, hopefully we hear good news in the next couple weeks

+1. Sent it last night. Loved Vermont too. GL.

Yea I loved Vermont as well! It's a really nice program and the city is pretty chill too. As an OOS applicant though, the COA is pretty high and they don't seem to be giving out much scholarship money to OOS people.

Are the acceptances for each day all going out at the same time? Like everyone getting in today heard at 9 am but varied reporting to SDN (reasonably)? Aka today’s not my day so i should just chill on the email refreshing...
I don't know. I got mine at 9:30ish. GL!

+10...and apparently lower priority on the higher priority list...

Reactions: 5 users
Do we think more movement will be happening? Last year posts seemed more consistent - do you think things are just delayed right now?

I’m regular WL and not losing hope!! Y’all got this

How many days does UVM give you to accept the offer after getting off the WL?

How many days does UVM give you to accept the offer after getting off the WL?
I was provided 2 weeks to respond, but they may alter this policy based on how close it is to orientation

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone on this thread for keeping each other informed and showing support for those getting the decisions we're all dying for so badly. It's been tough playing the waiting game, but I really think the comradery we see here is indicative of the type of students/environment UVM wants.

Reactions: 13 users
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone on this thread for keeping each other informed and showing support for those getting the decisions we're all dying for so badly. It's been tough playing the waiting game, but I really think the comradery we see here is indicative of the type of students/environment UVM wants.

I was reading this and thinking the exact same thing. would love to be classmates with all of you guys this fall

Here’s to another week! HPWL peeps hopefully there’s a good wave this week

Reactions: 10 users
Just accepted off the HPWL to the Vermont Campus! Loved this school, but will be withdrawing. Hope it goes to one of you!

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Just accepted off the HPWL to the Vermont Campus! Loved this school, but will be withdrawing. Hope it goes to one of you!

Congrats! What was your interview date?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN