2019-2020 Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just withdrew from the HPWL! Hope the theoretical acceptance that would have come from it goes to one of you all - best of luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 9 users
Hey guys! Any word? It's been quiet this week

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
They really should have combined hpwl and normal WL and then use a ranking system instead of making the hpwl sound so promising
Yeah, I'm starting to lose hope that the HPWL will be cleared this year. I feel like there are at least 10+ people still on the HPWL and barely any movement.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah, I'm starting to lose hope that the HPWL will be cleared this year. I feel like there are at least 10+ people still on the HPWL and barely any movement.
As a re-applicant who has been in your shoes, I know its the worst feeling in the world. I know it must feel even worse to be told over and over again that everyone in your position in years past has gotten off the list. I will hope to share with you a moment of encouragement, that there are still 2 months, 60+ days until the start of classes.

I withdrew my HPWL spot yesterday! Hopefully it will turn into an acceptance for one of you still waiting! Best of luck!!

Reactions: 4 users
3rd time app, and prior unsuccessful waitlister currently waiting on that A, again. Just submitted to DO schools for next year as a back up plan... fingers are crossed so hard I’ll be starting school this year in Vermont!

Reactions: 4 users
For those losing hope, please know I have seen people join the FB and GroupMe group every few days, as recent as today. While they could have been old acceptances, I think they are still doing some one by one lately. You got this!

Not everyone is on this forum, so keep that in mind!

For those losing hope, please know I have seen people join the FB and GroupMe group every few days, as recent as today. While they could have been old acceptances, I think they are still doing some one by one lately. You got this!

Not everyone is on this forum, so keep that in mind!

That’s reassuring! Makes me wonder how big HPWL is though? Hope to see some movement on here soon!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just dropped my A, hope one of yall folks picks it up

Reactions: 11 users
Just talked to admissions and they said they are seeing normal movement from the high priority wait-list like they have in the past and they recommended waiting until July to reapply for the next cycle. Basically, if we don't hear back by the first week of July that is when we can start to worry. They said that for now, we just need to keep being patient. Overall, it stills seems very hopeful for the HPWL!!

Just talked to admissions and they said they are seeing normal movement from the high priority wait-list like they have in the past and they recommended waiting until July to reapply for the next cycle. Basically, if we don't hear back by the first week of July that is when we can start to worry. They said that for now, we just need to keep being patient. Overall, it stills seems very hopeful for the HPWL!!
Thank you for asking!!

Sounds promising!! Definitely reassuring knowing we can keep up hope. Thank you for getting in touch with them!

At risk of posting too much, I wanted to echo something someone said earlier that you all would be lovely classmates! I hope the next week treats everyone well and has as little stress as possible rn

Just withdrew my acceptance from the HPWL, best of luck everyone!

Does anyone know what the CTE deadline is at LCOM for accepted students?

It’s July 15th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah, same as my acceptance elsewhere. That sucks :(. Was hoping for more clarity at Vermont for more movement so I could have a chance off the regular waitlist but I'm going to have to commit to my acceptance if I don't hear by the 15th.

Just got an email from vermont adcoms...heart skipped five beats....just to reconfirm my position on the waitlist

Just got an email from vermont adcoms...heart skipped five beats....just to reconfirm my position on the waitlist

+2. Hopefully the list will shorten and start some movement!

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted off HPWL!!

My first A, I’m so excited!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 18 users
For the rest of you guys still on the HPWL, what campus did you select, and did you pick “only” that campus or just “prefer” that campus? Just curious!

I chose prefer Connecticut

For the rest of you guys still on the HPWL, what campus did you select, and did you pick “only” that campus or just “prefer” that campus? Just curious!

I chose prefer Connecticut
I also did prefer CT

I chose prefer VT too. I think I’m seeing a pattern here :unsure:

I picked prefer VT. Do we think they're offering acceptances to the 'only' people first?

How are u guys viewing finaid, im trying to see it through my schedule on myuvm but its not working :(

Speaking of which - can you view financial aid without an A?

question for the HPWL/WL group: i applied for the U.S. navy scholarship and was approved - do you all think it’s worth it to say anything to the admission office? I wouldn’t need financial aid bc of it but I’ve also emailed a few times lately and don’t want to be too much lol

question for the HPWL/WL group: i applied for the U.S. navy scholarship and was approved - do you all think it’s worth it to say anything to the admission office? I wouldn’t need financial aid bc of it but I’ve also emailed a few times lately and don’t want to be too much lol
No one can tell you if something will benefit you or not, but I don’t see any reason why it would be bad to let them know.

Reactions: 3 users