2019-2020 Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How are u guys viewing finaid, im trying to see it through my schedule on myuvm but its not working :(

After you login on myuvm.uvm.edu you should have a tab on the top that says Student Financial Services or something like that and you should be able to see it there

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Sad to say that the last person pulled off from the HPWL, according to last year's SDN thread, is June 18th. Are we doomed? :bookworm:

Reactions: 1 user
Sad to say that the last person pulled off from the HPWL, according to last year's SDN thread, is June 18th. Are we doomed? :bookworm:
This thread has been way more active than last year's, so may not be a good indicator. That said, seems like there are still a lot of people (10-20) on the high priority list and turnover definitely drops by the end of June. I did an overnight with a current student who was admitted OOS one week before orientation, so there could be at least a few more golden tickets for some of us...

Reactions: 2 users
Hopefully, and sooner rather than later.

This thread has been way more active than last year's, so may not be a good indicator. That said, seems like there are still a lot of people (10-20) on the high priority list and turnover definitely drops by the end of June. I did an overnight with a current student who was admitted OOS one week before orientation, so there could be at least a few more golden tickets for some of us...

Hard to know how many of us hpwl-ers are left, and also why this year would be any diff than others re: how many people are admitted off of it. Definitely trying to focus on the fact it has been cleared in the past, but also getting ready to reapply....

Hard to know how many of us hpwl-ers are left, and also why this year would be any diff than others re: how many people are admitted off of it. Definitely trying to focus on the fact it has been cleared in the past, but also getting ready to reapply....
I agree, but there are at least 5 HPWL people still on this thread (and probably more not on SDN) and it's almost the end of June. It's even more confusing because it seems like admissions keeps saying to remain hopeful, which I can't imagine they'd do if they didn't anticipate clearing the HPWL (especially considering that many people might need to reapply). I've tried calling admissions to get an update on movement but haven't been able to get through...

Reactions: 4 users
Right. If it's a matter of when, and that when could come anytime between now and August, then I can totally handle that (and also save a lot of money and time on these reapps, not to mention actually have a summer). If it's a matter of if, then everyday is purgatory from now until August and I basically need to let go of the current situation and mentally move on.. I don't think it is unreasonable for the school to give us an idea of which scenario we are in.

Reactions: 3 users
Right. If it's a matter of when, and that when could come anytime between now and August, then I can totally handle that (and also save a lot of money and time on these reapps, not to mention actually have a summer). If it's a matter of if, then everyday is purgatory from now until August and I basically need to let go of the current situation and mentally move on.. I don't think it is unreasonable for the school to give us an idea of which scenario we are in.
Exactly! And I think their CTE deadline is 7/15, which is less than a month from today. The more time that goes on without any movement, the more I'm convinced that we're in an "if" scenario and not a "when" scenario. At the very least, I wish they'd be more responsive considering how many applicants probably have the same questions and I'm sure I'm not the only one reaching out to get more information.

Exactly! And I think their CTE deadline is 7/15, which is less than a month from today. The more time that goes on without any movement, the more I'm convinced that we're in an "if" scenario and not a "when" scenario. At the very least, I wish they'd be more responsive considering how many applicants probably have the same questions and I'm sure I'm not the only one reaching out to get more information.

Based off last year’s thread, it seems like the hpwl was a new thing? Maybe they only cleared it last year. It does seem like there are at least 10 ppl on sdn that are still on the hpwl

Members don't see this ad :)
I couldn't agree more. I need to know if I'm leaving my job, need to find an apartment, etc. They really made it sound like it's a matter of when but I have no clue. I would like to be mentally prepared and move on if necessary

I may have missed this in earlier parts of the thread, but I would think the CTE deadline wouldn't apply to applicants on the waitlist? Does anyone know how that deadline works for people admitted off HPWL/reg WL after 7/15? Sitting here on the regular WL praying it works out!

I may have missed this in earlier parts of the thread, but I would think the CTE deadline wouldn't apply to applicants on the waitlist? Does anyone know how that deadline works for people admitted off HPWL/reg WL after 7/15? Sitting here on the regular WL praying it works out!
I think you're right that it doesn't apply to people admitted off HPWL/reg WL, but I think WL movement will pretty much stop within a few days of the CTE deadline! I just have a hard time imagining that 10+ people will get in within the next month considering there has already been little to no movement each week for the past few weeks.

How many of you waiting on a decision from here are actually likely to matriculate? And say if you’re on the regular WL or HPWL.

Has anyone gotten in touch with admissions very recently? I’ve tried calling a few times this week to ask what movement is looking like but they haven’t answered. Anyone have any thoughts about the HPWL at this point?

Has anyone gotten in touch with admissions very recently? I’ve tried calling a few times this week to ask what movement is looking like but they haven’t answered. Anyone have any thoughts about the HPWL at this point?

I got in touch with them last week and they basically said that waitlist movement has slowed waaaay down and they don't expect to make many more offers. They do anticipate making a few more, but they don't know how many or when. What I understood from this was that the HPWL is likely not going to be cleared, and only a few more acceptances (if any) will be given out.

• Sad
I got in touch with them last week and they basically said that waitlist movement has slowed waaaay down and they don't expect to make many more offers. They do anticipate making a few more, but they don't know how many or when. What I understood from this was that the HPWL is likely not going to be cleared, and only a few more acceptances (if any) will be given out.
That hurts me so badly :dead:

Like salt in a very open and sore wound.
Hurts. Stings. Burns.

Are those who are resubmitting now putting uvm in their school list already, or is it weird to reapply there while they are still considering us for the prior cycle ?

They told me waitlist movement is currently happening and will continue. Didn’t make it seem like it’s slowed down ? This was last week

They told me waitlist movement is currently happening and will continue. Didn’t make it seem like it’s slowed down ? This was last week

What I'm gathering from this is that we literally still don't know then! Oh dear o_O

Praying 4 all of our sanity tbh friends. Also are you guys calling or emailing? I haven’t had luck with calling

At this point I’d honestly rather know less than more. In the interest of my mental Health

(Hey guys great SDN pro tip here never believe anyone says until you confirm it yourself).

(Hey guys great SDN pro tip here never believe anyone says until you confirm it yourself).

This. I'd love to hear what they've said to other people! It didn't really add up in my mind that they'd tell someone to stay hopeful until early July but then tell someone else movement has slowed down/almost stopped. Especially since it seems some of us contacted them around the same time and got different responses... For what it's worth, it has been less than a week since I got in touch with them!

Withdrew from the HWPL today, wasn't going to wait around in hopes of a scholarship forever. Good luck all, hope this was early enough!

Reactions: 6 users
For those curious, people are still getting pulled off the WL!
I was accepted off the regular WL this morning (interviewed in February)!

Anyone else on the high priority WL who still hasn't heard back yet...?

Reactions: 5 users
very much still on the hpwl and very much still hating every minute of it and very much now completely out of optimism and faith

Has anyone tried to contact them recently? I'm reapplying and am trying to decide when I want to add the rest of my schools to my app (and pay thousands of dollars :dead: )

I’d love to hear a theory as to why they’d pull a regular WLer over an HPWL..
Any takers ?

First of all, congratulations to @MDtobe2024 and thank you for sharing the information here!

I have to say that I am disappointed with the admissions committees, not because fellow students on the regular waitlist do not deserve an acceptance, but due to the lack of transparency in the admissions process. As far as we are concerned, all of us, regardless on the regular WL or the HPWL, are qualified to receive an offer. I feel very much misled by the HPWL label and what the admissions told us during the interview.

UVM states they do not rank individuals on a respective waiting list, but without some indication as to likeliness of receiving an offer, or in tracking the time towards "the top" of the list, it becomes difficult, also, to manage one's life, for example, in plans to move if going out of the state. Without some sort of "position" or "rank" within a respective list, there is little accountability in how those lists are managed; UVM (or any other such college) can make arbitrary changes to it. Thus, as prospective students, our only recourse is to share info amongst one another on forums like this ;-)

I hope they will give us an explanation at some point, especially why there exists a HPWL if it does not have a higher priority over the regular one.

I am sorry for all of us who are still waiting (especially those on HPWL). It is a very frustrating process.

Any takers ?

Any takers ?

Wonder if it has anything to do with whether someone selected "only" vs "prefer" either campus... @MDtobe2024...first, congratulations! Second, do you remember what you had selected for that way back?

UVM has played us HPWLers..

Yeah, pretty much. It begs the questions, what's the point of having a HPWL? Also, what's the point of telling people on multiple interview dates that the HPWL has been cleared each year for the past several years? Sure, we all still have a chance of getting accepted but I just can't imagine that they're going to give out 10+ acceptances between now and orientation, and I'm pretty sure there are still 10+ people on the HPWL (if that even matters anymore). I'd love an explanation for all of this (or at least some transparency), but I highly doubt we'll ever get one.

Yeah, pretty much. It begs the questions, what's the point of having a HPWL? Also, what's the point of telling people on multiple interview dates that the HPWL has been cleared each year for the past several years? Sure, we all still have a chance of getting accepted but I just can't imagine that they're going to give out 10+ acceptances between now and orientation, and I'm pretty sure there are still 10+ people on the HPWL (if that even matters anymore). I'd love an explanation for all of this (or at least some transparency), but I highly doubt we'll ever get one.
Totally agree, I’d love to know what happened or just even how the process works and how this ended up to be this way

What makes you say that about the 10 acceptances? July 15 is a big "pull the trigger" day so they might have dozens of open seats remaining... so I was just wondering what that figure of 10 is based off of. You said you "just can't imagine" they pull more than 10 between today and 40 days from now and I kind of doubt you have any basis for that statement whatsoever

What makes you say that about the 10 acceptances? July 15 is a big "pull the trigger" day so they might have dozens of open seats remaining... so I was just wondering what that figure of 10 is based off of. You said you "just can't imagine" they pull more than 10 between today and 40 days from now and I kind of doubt you have any basis for that statement whatsoever

I definitely wasn't trying to make a statement and was actually just sharing my opinion, which is why I said "imagine" instead of "know." To give more context, I say "10" because I've seen at least 10 people post on SDN that they're on the HPWL that haven't since posted that they've been accepted, so I'm assuming they're still on the HPWL, waiting to hear back. I said "+" for all the people not on SDN that are still on the HPWL, and I can't really guess how many of those people there are. My opinion is also based on what admissions told me when I contacted them, which could be incorrect (and I've said that already) given that they've said wildly different things to other people around the same time. At the end of the day, I hope you're right and we all get accepted in the next 40ish days. It's just my opinion that this seems a little unlikely given the lack of movement on this thread, the information given out by admissions, and that there generally seems to be very little movement in July despite many schools having their CTE deadline.

tl;dr not trying to make a statement, just sharing my opinion based on the things I've seen/heard and seeing what other people think about this situation, movement, etc.

Wonder if it has anything to do with whether someone selected "only" vs "prefer" either campus... @MDtobe2024...first, congratulations! Second, do you remember what you had selected for that way back?

Thanks @des24! I selected prefer Connecticut. I'm sure they're still pulling people off both lists, ppl are just not posting on SDN.
This process is brutal and would be so much easier with more transparency but keep your heads up guys - In hindsight, everything works out as it should!!! If anyone just needs to vent, I'm here to lend an ear. Feel free to DM anytime.

Reactions: 5 users
This is without a doubt the most frustrating situation I have dealt with in a long time clearly the HPWL means nothing