respectedmadman

Applicant
Feb 9, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I submitted in late July but my application status says I’m still awaiting subcommittee review. I’m assuming it’s going to be a rejection at this point, but is anyone else in the same boat?
+1

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: JanetSnakehole
Dec 17, 2018
I submitted in late July but my application status says I’m still awaiting subcommittee review. I’m assuming it’s going to be a rejection at this point, but is anyone else in the same boat?
It’s not a great sign at this point in the cycle

About the Ads

anotherpremedlurker

pls help me get in
Dec 18, 2018
My status is now file review complete, I am guessing this occurred within the past 3 days since I check my portals almost every day (yes I am neurotic). Submitted mid-July. What does this mean so late into the cycle?

EDIT: combed through this thread, earlier posts suggest this is a limbo state and likely a bad sign. Oh well...

JanetSnakehole

I’m a very rich widow with a terrible secret.
Gold Donor
Jun 18, 2018
the West Coast
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Aaaaannnnd lo and behold, less than 24 hours after posting about being in limbo at VCU, I now receive a status update that my file is complete.

Beetlejuice, beetlejuice, beetlejuice.

Dec 17, 2018
My status is now file review complete, I am guessing this occurred within the past 3 days since I check my portals almost every day (yes I am neurotic). Submitted mid-July. What does this mean so late into the cycle?

EDIT: combed through this thread, earlier posts suggest this is a limbo state and likely a bad sign. Oh well...
File review complete is not limbo. It means your file has a number score And you could receive a II, but there most likely aren’t many left except for those that are to replace withdrawn ones

thats being realistic but it’s not over until it’s over! More II will be sentout as others withdraw so there’s always a chance

anotherpremedlurker

pls help me get in
Dec 18, 2018
File review complete is not limbo. It means your file has a number score And you could receive a II, but there most likely aren’t many left except for those that are to replace withdrawn ones

thats being realistic but it’s not over until it’s over! More II will be sentout as others withdraw so there’s always a chance
Ah thank you so much for clarifying!

Dec 17, 2018
+1 to the file review complete! Although I didn't even receive an email so maybe this was a recent change? o_O
Last year the majority didn’t receive emails. This year it’s seems 50/50 I didn’t for example. So who knows.

Feb 1, 2018
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Pre II R just now

• Sad
Reactions: HighCortisol
About the Ads
Dec 19, 2018
For those that have interviewed, does anyone remember who we are supposed to send 3+ month updates to? I can’t find the sheet I wrote it down on and don’t want to send it to the wrong person!

Dec 17, 2018
For those that have interviewed, does anyone remember who we are supposed to send 3+ month updates to? I can’t find the sheet I wrote it down on and don’t want to send it to the wrong person!
Just the main admissions email.

Reactions: 526yrm
Sep 13, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I interviewed in October but I don't quite remember what they said about updates. Do they only want updates of new activities that you have been involved for 3+ months? Or can you update them about any new, significant activity?

Dec 17, 2018
I interviewed in October but I don't quite remember what they said about updates. Do they only want updates of new activities that you have been involved for 3+ months? Or can you update them about any new, significant activity?
At this point you have been voted on and you have received your score. Realistically VCU is not big on updates. A new activity of 3 months is significant but if we are being honest at this point its not really going to change anything. What happens is essentially Dr. Whitehurst-Cook will take your update and paste it into the notes on your file, but it will not change the score that you received. Your score essentially determines everything.

Reactions: Bumblebee4Me

ppushpak

2+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Anyone who has been accepted may request to join the FB Group, please only join if you have received an acceptance

EDIT: Please send a picture of your acceptance to one of the admins of the group (I am one, but pick whomever)

Last edited:
Reactions: Morc
About the Ads

DocKoozmin

2+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
So I just got the status update to complete lol (submitted July). It says that if I receive an interview, I will get an update on my portal. Do I have to keep checking the portal, or will they also email/call me?

Reactions: Anitswar
Dec 17, 2018
So I just got the status update to complete lol (submitted July). It says that if I receive an interview, I will get an update on my portal. Do I have to keep checking the portal, or will they also email/call me?
If you get a II your portal will change and you will get an email.

Jul 21, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Is it normal for it to state under "File review complete" the stuff about caspr? I sent it to VCU but that reminder at the bottom that states they require it makes me feel like they didn't receive it or something. Does everyone have that?

Dec 17, 2018
Is it normal for it to state under "File review complete" the stuff about caspr? I sent it to VCU but that reminder at the bottom that states they require it makes me feel like they didn't receive it or something. Does everyone have that?
That’s just a generic thing that can pop up on your portal. Just a generic reminder — no indication. Of your specific status.

jpvn2015

2+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Has anyone come up with a good way of viewing the portal on a mobile device? Mine will not work on my iPhone.

Dec 17, 2018
Has anyone come up with a good way of viewing the portal on a mobile device? Mine will not work on my iPhone.
Yes you have to request desktop site on safari.

Reactions: jpvn2015

jpvn2015

2+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
About the Ads

jpvn2015

2+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
I interviewed this past week but didn’t get any update to my portal today. On the interview day they said they would get to ours on Monday. Should I be worried or am I just being neurotic? Lol

Dec 17, 2018
I interviewed this past week but didn’t get any update to my portal today. On the interview day they said they would get to ours on Monday. Should I be worried or am I just being neurotic? Lol
You’re being neurotic — patience it’s not always updated the day of. You were voted on today but they might wait a couple days to put it in.

Reactions: jpvn2015
Oct 2, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Has anyone heard anything regarding scholarships/aid? I've tried searching in the thread but it seems my searcher is non-functional (sorry in advance y'all).

Dec 17, 2018
Has anyone heard anything regarding scholarships/aid? I've tried searching in the thread but it seems my searcher is non-functional (sorry in advance y'all).
it aint great here (public school)

HappEness

2+ Year Member
May 17, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I understand that there is no second look for most accepted VCU students. When is the best time I should visit to learn more about the school and meet current students?

Trexx109029

2+ Year Member
May 2, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I am interviewing tomorrow and was wondering if I am likely to get a decision for Feb 1st.

Also any tips or tricks for the MMI? I'm pretty nervous about the structure.

Davidfromcali

5+ Year Member
Sep 16, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
I am interviewing tomorrow and was wondering if I am likely to get a decision for Feb 1st.

Also any tips or tricks for the MMI? I'm pretty nervous about the structure.
Yoo this mmi is super chill and very, very well done. I would not stress about it. If anything, just read up on the general structure of mmi and some common questions through the internet. Yeah you can hear on feb 1 since you’ll get scored before.

ppushpak

2+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
there have been talks to get an official second look going - unsure if it will happen this year though

HappEness

2+ Year Member
May 17, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Oh, I would definitely attend if VCU does host an official second look this year!

jpvn2015

2+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
On hold for possible acceptance....one step away (just like last year lol)

About the Ads