2019-2020 Virginia Commonwealth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone who has been accepted may request to join the FB Group, please only join if you have received an acceptance

EDIT: Please send a picture of your acceptance to one of the admins of the group (I am one, but pick whomever)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
So I just got the status update to complete lol (submitted July). It says that if I receive an interview, I will get an update on my portal. Do I have to keep checking the portal, or will they also email/call me?

Members don't see this ad :)
So I just got the status update to complete lol (submitted July). It says that if I receive an interview, I will get an update on my portal. Do I have to keep checking the portal, or will they also email/call me?
If you get a II your portal will change and you will get an email.

File review complete just now. Was expecting an R but I'll take it as is

Is it normal for it to state under "File review complete" the stuff about caspr? I sent it to VCU but that reminder at the bottom that states they require it makes me feel like they didn't receive it or something. Does everyone have that?

Is it normal for it to state under "File review complete" the stuff about caspr? I sent it to VCU but that reminder at the bottom that states they require it makes me feel like they didn't receive it or something. Does everyone have that?
That’s just a generic thing that can pop up on your portal. Just a generic reminder — no indication. Of your specific status.

Has anyone come up with a good way of viewing the portal on a mobile device? Mine will not work on my iPhone.

I interviewed this past week but didn’t get any update to my portal today. On the interview day they said they would get to ours on Monday. Should I be worried or am I just being neurotic? Lol

I think they said that they meet today and the portal should update tomorrow or by the end of the week?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed this past week but didn’t get any update to my portal today. On the interview day they said they would get to ours on Monday. Should I be worried or am I just being neurotic? Lol
You’re being neurotic — patience it’s not always updated the day of. You were voted on today but they might wait a couple days to put it in.

Withdrew my II this evening. VCU is a great school. Good luck to you all.

Reactions: 8 users
Has anyone heard anything regarding scholarships/aid? I've tried searching in the thread but it seems my searcher is non-functional (sorry in advance y'all).

i got an email saying i should check my status in the portal--but when i go to the portal, i don't see any status updates... am I missing something here?

I understand that there is no second look for most accepted VCU students. When is the best time I should visit to learn more about the school and meet current students?

I am interviewing tomorrow and was wondering if I am likely to get a decision for Feb 1st.

Also any tips or tricks for the MMI? I'm pretty nervous about the structure.

I am interviewing tomorrow and was wondering if I am likely to get a decision for Feb 1st.

Also any tips or tricks for the MMI? I'm pretty nervous about the structure.
Yoo this mmi is super chill and very, very well done. I would not stress about it. If anything, just read up on the general structure of mmi and some common questions through the internet. Yeah you can hear on feb 1 since you’ll get scored before.

Reactions: 4 users
there have been talks to get an official second look going - unsure if it will happen this year though

Oh, I would definitely attend if VCU does host an official second look this year!

On hold for possible acceptance....one step away (just like last year lol)

Reactions: 2 users
I was looking at some essays and just remembered that I wrote a killer essay about HCAHPS and patient perception of care... and VCU literally didn’t care at all. :eyebrow: Like, damn, I feel like I was done dirty.

I was looking at some essays and just remembered that I wrote a killer essay about HCAHPS and patient perception of care... and VCU literally didn’t care at all. :eyebrow: Like, damn, I feel like I was done dirty.
Yeah unfortunately Holistic means that rubric is THICC and you gotta impress in many areas.

• Haha
i got an email saying i should check my status in the portal--but when i go to the portal, i don't see any status updates... am I missing something here?
I got this too... were you able to figure out what happened? All I see is that my file is complete.

I got this too... were you able to figure out what happened? All I see is that my file is complete.
Yes some people receive an email when their file review is complete. That is a status change.

Still stuck on subcommittee lol

Anyone that interviewed 1/16 hear back yet?
VCU only releases decisions on specific dates, the next of which is February 1st. Since Feb. 1 is a Saturday, they will release decisions on Monday 2/3. They review all interviewees from the previous week on every Monday, so your application has been reviewed and if you should receive a decision next Monday.

Reactions: 2 users
VCU only releases decisions on specific dates, the next of which is February 1st. Since Feb. 1 is a Saturday, they will release decisions on Monday 2/3. They review all interviewees from the previous week on every Monday, so your application has been reviewed and if you should receive a decision next Monday.

I'm asking since I expected a "hold" or "rejection" notification by this Monday but haven't gotten a portal update yet. Just wondering if other ppl are also waiting for that. It still just says awaiting review post-interview.

When is VCU’s last interview date?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm asking since I expected a "hold" or "rejection" notification by this Monday but haven't gotten a portal update yet. Just wondering if other ppl are also waiting for that. It still just says awaiting review post-interview.
Holds and rejections will also be released on Monday :)

Does VCU still have interview days open? My portal says, "Your File Review is now complete. If you are granted an interview, you will receive a status update on your applicant portal. Please do not call the Admissions Office requesting special dates" - just curious if there is still time for IIs to go out.

When is VCU’s last interview date?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe interviews occur until the end of February. Last year I believe some occurred in the first week of March but unsure

Does anyone else get a server error when they try to sign in?

got an email for an interview invite but was told to call to schedule. also the portal has not changed from "Your File Review is now complete. If you are granted an interview, you will receive a status update on your applicant portal." did this happen for anyone else?

got an email for an interview invite but was told to call to schedule. also the portal has not changed from "Your File Review is now complete. If you are granted an interview, you will receive a status update on your applicant portal." did this happen for anyone else?
same, I called at 4:25 and it went to voicemail. I'm sure it just hasn't updated yet.

did the fmSTAT application have a separate essay or was it just a ticked box on the general app? im not sure if im getting it confused with another app and idk how to check on this portal