2019-2020 Virginia Commonwealth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think so but I haven't gotten an email, I don't want to celebrate until I get a confirmation from VCU. Does anyone know how long it takes for us to get an email?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I think so but I haven't gotten an email, I don't want to celebrate until I get a confirmation from VCU. Does anyone know how long it takes for us to get an email?
Portal updates every day at 605 pm. So my guess would be they put ur stuff in after that time today, so you’ll hear tomorrow!

Reactions: 1 users
anyone who was accepted recently not have VCU on their choose your medical school tool?

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone who was accepted recently not have VCU on their choose your medical school tool?
This happened to me a few weeks ago too. After calling VCU/AMCAS, they said that the school has been slower sending AMCAS the acceptance updates but Gail notified the IT people and they fixed it for me. So I would either just wait or give VCU a call.

This happened to me a few weeks ago too. After calling VCU/AMCAS, they said that the school has been slower sending AMCAS the acceptance updates but Gail notified the IT people and they fixed it for me. So I would either just wait or give VCU a call.
(or just give it a few days if you were recently accepted lol)

someone I know got in on thursday (IS female)

Accepted off the WL on Friday!!!! (I’m oos and it came via email)

Reactions: 3 users
is anyone anxious that they’re gonna like get off the WL like in June or even July and then not be able to find a place to live or a roommate. this is causing me so much anxiety and i’m not even in yet

is anyone anxious that they’re gonna like get off the WL like in June or even July and then not be able to find a place to live or a roommate. this is causing me so much anxiety and i’m not even in yet
To be honest, finding a room mate and a place to live should be least of your worry. Not that getting off of a WL, you should worry as well, as now given where the process is, you don't control anyrhing. So why worry about things out of your control. Relax !!!

Reactions: 2 users
I know many people who found places/roommates in July! Don’t worry too much and plus with COVID who knows if any med school will start on time

I know I could just contact VCU, but I was wondering if anyone on here knows if we are supposed to fill out the 19-20 FAFSA or the 20-21 FAFSA? The website says to complete the 2019-2020 but a lot of the time the website is outdated/wrong.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know I could just contact VCU, but I was wondering if anyone on here knows if we are supposed to fill out the 19-20 FAFSA or the 20-21 FAFSA? The website says to complete the 2019-2020 but a lot of the time the website is outdated/wrong.
19-20 lol I filled that **** out in '19

Canadian applicant, I think I just got the "tabs" everyone's talked about?! (it has boxes for in-state eligibility, VCU ID etc..) Still trying to sit tight and not celebrate until hopefully getting an email at 6:05 - I interviewed 01/16 & this was my only interview so I'm just in disbelief, I ironically opened my new AMCAS application earlier today LOL

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
just got off of the waitlist! exciting times

Reactions: 4 users
has there been much IS movement? Can't decide if it's a good thing or a bad thing that I haven't seen many people who are IS post about getting in. On one hand i'm like oh good that means there's still IS movement that's gonna happen, but on the other hand i'm like that means there's not gonna be much IS movement because no IS people are dropping

has there been much IS movement? Can't decide if it's a good thing or a bad thing that I haven't seen many people who are IS post about getting in. On one hand i'm like oh good that means there's still IS movement that's gonna happen, but on the other hand i'm like that means there's not gonna be much IS movement because no IS people are dropping

Hard to tell. Historically, I believe, there is more OOS WL movement, as in-staters tend to have a higher tendency to stay in place. I may be totally wrong though.

It’s May 6th. There are 3 more months until the first day of class. Take a deep breathe :) we need to be patient.

Hi everyone! I know this question has been asked before but I just wanted a confirmation. Is it the 2019-2020 FAFSA or the 2020-2021 FAFSA that we are told to fill out? I tried calling/emailing but have not gotten a response. On the VCU website, it says 2019-2020, but on FAFSA, it says fill out for the school year you are entering, which would be 2020-2021. Thank you!

Hi everyone! I know this question has been asked before but I just wanted a confirmation. Is it the 2019-2020 FAFSA or the 2020-2021 FAFSA that we are told to fill out? I tried calling/emailing but have not gotten a response. On the VCU website, it says 2019-2020, but on FAFSA, it says fill out for the school year you are entering, which would be 2020-2021. Thank you!
Nvm, just heard back. It's the 2020-2021 FAFSA.

Hi guys not sure if this has been asked but I would really appreciate if someone can let me know of their opinion on this:
I recently just got accepted off the WL for another school but VCU remains my top choice. Since it is past 4/30 should I PTE to this school ASAP? I don't want it to affect my chances for VCU and this school doesn't have a specific guideline on this, at least from my research... So I am kind of confused...
Also just want to say to anyone still needing an acceptance, I know how painful it is for my cycle lasted almost a whole 12 months, but coming off of the WL is one of the most surreal and best moments of my life! Don't lose hope, you have made it this far and it will be worth it in the end!

Hi guys not sure if this has been asked but I would really appreciate if someone can let me know of their opinion on this:
I recently just got accepted off the WL for another school but VCU remains my top choice. Since it is past 4/30 should I PTE to this school ASAP? I don't want it to affect my chances for VCU and this school doesn't have a specific guideline on this, at least from my research... So I am kind of confused...
Also just want to say to anyone still needing an acceptance, I know how painful it is for my cycle lasted almost a whole 12 months, but coming off of the WL is one of the most surreal and best moments of my life! Don't lose hope, you have made it this far and it will be worth it in the end!
PTE will not affect your standing at VCU

I am in exactly the same situation (VCU is my top choice but recently got my 1st acceptance from another waitlist) and I PTE’d my accepted school right away. This holds your spot at your accepted school but like TallDoctor said it does not impact your standing at VCU, or any other school for that matter.

Also I echo your sentiment about keeping up the hope and perseverance, it will certainly pay off in the end

I am in exactly the same situation (VCU is my top choice but recently got my 1st acceptance from another waitlist) and I PTE’d my accepted school right away. This holds your spot at your accepted school but like TallDoctor said it does not impact your standing at VCU, or any other school for that matter.

Also I echo your sentiment about keeping up the hope and perseverance, it will certainly pay off in the end

Okay will do thank you so much!!!

Hi guys! Is anybody attending VCU looking for housing near the med school?

Any movement recently on the wait list or are they done?
They’re not done, in the waitlist email they anticipate making 90+offers. Waitlist movement will occur through May June and July. Someone got off it and reported it on SDN the week before orientation last cycle.

It is MAY 12th people there will be 3 more months of movement!!!!

Two questions for people that were accepted months ago (*I got in off the WL last week*):

1. Do we just wait for the portal to update the transcript box? Right now, mine still has nothing for "date received"
2. How long did it take for financial aid stuff to get out to you guys/FAFSA to recognize your acceptance?

Anyone know whats happening with the start date/whether fall term will be online?

Anyone know whats happening with the start date/whether fall term will be online?

To my knowledge, VCU Med has not officially made a decision about this yet. I doubt the entire semester would be online. It may start online on time and then move to modified in-person instruction at some point this semester. Or, it may start as scheduled based on COVID data. I know some schools are suggesting starting a little later in-person and then cutting out some of the break days. Too early to tell at this point.

As of right now, they are still anticipating M1s and M2s to start on time in person in July, as long as nothing changes with stay at home orders and such.

Two questions for people that were accepted months ago (*I got in off the WL last week*):

1. Do we just wait for the portal to update the transcript box? Right now, mine still has nothing for "date received"
2. How long did it take for financial aid stuff to get out to you guys/FAFSA to recognize your acceptance?

1. You will have to send your transcripts again to VCUSOM, they'll instruct on you this process later. Don't worry about it for now

I was accepted off the waitlist on Thursday! OOS Female, 512 MCAT, semi-unique life/work experiences. This is my top choice, and I'm stoked. I have been stressing on these forums for literal months. I've learned that everyone's app is unique, which means everyone has their own unique outcome/pace. Hold out faith!!!

Reactions: 7 users
Is WL movement finished?

WL can move up till the first day of classes. It can even move up until the end of July into early August I believe. As the summer progresses, I'd imagine the WL slows down though as the seats start becoming more secure.

Is WL movement finished?

I would be shocked if it is finished given the small amount of WL movement, at least reported here, so far. Comparing to last year’s thread and given that Dr. Whitehurst-Cook’s email said 90+ would likely come off the waitlist, I expect more, and it’s still quite early in the grand scheme of things. Not sure exactly what is holding things up, but I sure hope my suspicions are correct because VCU was my top choice coming into the cycle and while I am blessed to be holding another acceptance I’d give an arm and a leg to be chosen off the WL!

I would be shocked if it is finished given the small amount of WL movement, at least reported here, so far. Comparing to last year’s thread and given that Dr. Whitehurst-Cook’s email said 90+ would likely come off the waitlist, I expect more, and it’s still quite early in the grand scheme of things. Not sure exactly what is holding things up, but I sure hope my suspicions are correct because VCU was my top choice coming into the cycle and while I am blessed to be holding another acceptance I’d give an arm and a leg to be chosen off the WL!
For sure I echo your sentiment here... I have another acceptance but this has always been my top choice! Kind of disappointed at how slow the WL has been moving. Glad we have this forum to keep each other in check though. I agree that more WL spots will open up soon, just need to be patient, which is so hard to do...

Has anyone received their financial aid package?
No.. I emailed them yesterday and they said they'd be releasing FAFSA stuff (if that's what you're asking about...) sometime within the next 7-10 days.

No.. I emailed them yesterday and they said they'd be releasing FAFSA stuff (if that's what you're asking about...) sometime within the next 7-10 days.
Thank you. I was worried I didn't receive anything cause I messed up my FAFSA or something haha.

Does anyone know where/how to find your V#? I haven’t received any email with such credentials so far.

Does anyone know where/how to find your V#? I haven’t received any email with such credentials so far.
You get it in your applicant portal (the same one which said you were accepted). It says that it will take 7-14 days for them to put that information up once you get accepted.
I got accepted last week and haven't gotten it yet.

You get it in your applicant portal (the same one which said you were accepted). It says that it will take 7-14 days for them to put that information up once you get accepted.
I got accepted last week and haven't gotten it yet.
Thank you!

Kinda freaking out here but is tabs a guaranteed acceptance? If so, how long did it take you guys to go from tabs to the acceptance email?

• Love