2019-2020 Washington University in St. Louis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think it has to be on or before the 15th. That’s the rule.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I think the rule is that they need to have accepted a full class size, not necessarily give out final decisions. I might be wrong.
You’re 100% right but when I interviewed way backkkkk in September, they said they would get back to us by the latest March 15th. Would hate to think that people who interviewed earlier would have to wait even longer

Reactions: 1 users
You’re 100% right but when I interviewed way backkkkk in September, they said they would get back to us by the latest March 15th. Would hate to think that people who interviewed earlier would have to wait even longer

They might just release all the remaining decisions by email tomorrow. I got the call on Thursday and still have not had my portal update or received an official email for it. Could be totally automated, who knows.

They might just release all the remaining decisions by email tomorrow. I got the call on Thursday and still have not had my portal update or received an official email for it. Could be totally automated, who knows.
Yeah... it still doesn’t seem like they’ve accepted 3x the class size, which is what their tactic usually is, right? I wouldn’t be surprised if maybe it’s automated/not a calL, especially since WashU is currently frantic figuring out what to do about Covid.

True but they emailed “By March 15th, everyone will receive an admissions decision. The decisions are accept, wait-listed and not accept.”
That’s true! But I still want to know lol

Currently 257 in Facebook group. Subtract current students, add people who don’t have Facebook or haven’t added themselves. Maybe a little less than 250?
Can you post FB link please. I can't find it.

Currently 257 in Facebook group. Subtract current students, add people who don’t have Facebook or haven’t added themselves. Maybe a little less than 250?
Current student at WashU, and I wanted to let people know that many people in the 250+ group are current medical students. I don't know the exact number of current students vs prospective students in the group, but when I was applying there were ~125 current students in the Facebook group. This is because all the current M1s are strongly encouraged to join the group and some M2, M3, and M4s join as well. If I had to guess, it is probably half current students and half prospective students. Just wanted to let you guys know before all hope was lost!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Current student at WashU, and I wanted to let people know that many people in the 250+ group are current medical students. I don't know the exact number of current students vs prospective students in the group, but when I was applying there were ~125 current students in the Facebook group. This is because all the current M1s are strongly encouraged to join the group and some M2, M3, and M4s join as well. If I had to guess, it is probably half current students and half prospective students. Just wanted to let you guys know before all hope was lost!
Thanks for update. Would you mind posting facebook link? We can't find it.

If it makes ya'll feel better, an MS3 I was shadowing said around half his class came from WL

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe the FB link gets sent out with the acceptance email?

Yes, I did. My interviewer recorded me on their phone without asking permission.
Yes, I also had an uncomfortable interview, and I also was recorded. It was particularly uncomfortable because it was not a "chill" interview and all the students were saying that interviews were extremely chill here.

Is today 15th of March? Just checking

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Not suggesting everyone go try, but my request to join the facebook group was approved (called on Thursday but no portal update or email yet). Could mean they have an internal list of who is accepted and just haven't notified everyone yet or they just only expect people to get the join link after they're accepted. Not sure.

• Love
Not suggesting everyone go try, but my request to join the facebook group was approved (called on Thursday but no portal update or email yet). Could mean they have an internal list of who is accepted and just haven't notified everyone yet or they just only expect people to get the join link after they're accepted. Not sure.
I know someone who was able to join the group without having been accepted. I’d like to think your former suggestion is true, but the latter seems more likely!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
We must have had the same interviewer; hopefully there's only one person doing this there.

Thank you for sharing this. Knowing someone else had the same experience makes me feel a little bit better because now I know I wasn't alone in feeling weirded out. In a different circumstance, I would normally have said something because it's flat out inappropriate (and there isn't an excuse), but I felt like it would have negatively affected my chances.

It's unfortunate because my other interview was chill and really enjoyable. I'm hanging onto that positive impression because the other was just one individual. Lately, I have been thinking of calling the office to let them know this happened once decisions come out.

Hmmm... I guess Wash U didn't have an anonymous survey. Nothing like that has happened to me, but at one school where I interviewed, the Dean said that 20% of applicants reported experiencing some kind of discrimination during interviews. I don't like the fact that you guys feel uncomfortable speaking up because it could possibly negatively affect your chances. I think people who are accepted and choose to attend should propose some kind of anonymous feedback for the next round of admissions & interviews.

Reactions: 2 users
Suppose I should finally cave and make a facebook account

• Haha
On the admissions website, it says the last day they can tell us our decision is April 15. So I guess we have to wait another month!

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Okay...
Reactions: 10 users
I think we will hear this week, probably tomorrow. It’s Sunday, so that’s probably why nothing was announced. Also, yes, COVID craziness is getting real at WashU this weekend. Sounds like we may be closing campus down soon, so they may be distracted/busy.

Reactions: 5 users
Today is March 16, 2020

Yeah... I think we and our associated paperwork have (understandably) dropped in priority as of the last couple weeks :O Not gonna lie though, being stuck home from work is doing nothing for my anxiety to hear any news :(

Last edited:
Anyone else accepted Thursday or Friday not get the official acceptance email or portal update yet?

A!!! just got the call from Dean Ratts.

Woah! That had be be a amazingly unexpected by the 16th! Congrats and sorry for the suffering I know has been happening as the 15th passed... :O

• Love
Do you think there is any chance it would help to send an update at this point? I just was thinking the committee had already finished meeting.

I just called. Apparently they don't know how long it will take to get through all of the admissions decisions due to the pandemic. Laura said to check the portal periodically. :oops:

• Sad
Reactions: 7 users
I just called. Apparently they don't know how long it will take to get through all of the admissions decisions due to the pandemic. Laura said to check the portal periodically. :oops:
Thanks for doing this for us. I mean sending LOI are probably sill valuable at this moment in time then.

Congrats! Has your portal updated yet? Did Dean Ratts say how many other calls she'll be making today?
I was accepted last week and my portal is still not updated! I think it takes a bit of time.

I wonder if there are more acceptances to come then...

Congrats! Has your portal updated yet? Did Dean Ratts say how many other calls she'll be making today?

My portal just updated and I got called today. Got the email/portal update prob 2-3 hours after the call. Idk how many other calls she's making though.