oncotraum

2+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
I'm not sure who said there are M1s in the groupme but as far as I know its only the incoming class! Don't want to be a downer but also don't want to get people's hopes up. There's M1s on the Facebook page but not the groupme!

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 31, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I'm not sure who said there are M1s in the groupme but as far as I know its only the incoming class! Don't want to be a downer but also don't want to get people's hopes up. There's M1s on the Facebook page but not the groupme!
Whats the GroupMe size rn? Thanks btw

About the Ads
Mar 13, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Have any accepted students heard back about merit aid? I'm getting worried since the EFC is quite high but I also don't know how many of those they give out...

Jul 4, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Lol I get notifications from the threads I’ve commented on.
If someone asks something I could help with, why not
I get it. i got tired of all the notifications from the ones I'm withdrawn from or rejected from. You can just click "unwatch" from the top right and the notifications will stop. But thanks for the help anyway!!

Oct 16, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Have any accepted students heard back about merit aid? I'm getting worried since the EFC is quite high but I also don't know how many of those they give out...

I got merit aid the day after I committed (May 1). So it might still be coming out!

About the Ads
Feb 26, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
So did WashU just magically fix their yield this year? Are final decisions for accepted students just being delayed due to COVID/altered deadlines by schools for commitment? The waitlist movement has been barely anything compared to prior years, I’m wondering if it’s just being pushed later? I’m very confused.

D

deleted911896

So did WashU just magically fix their yield this year? Are final decisions for accepted students just being delayed due to COVID/altered deadlines by schools for commitment? The waitlist movement has been barely anything compared to prior years, I’m wondering if it’s just being pushed later? I’m very confused.

The class is smaller this year and they give really great financial aid. I know a couple people who chose Wash U over their top choices in other cities due to financials.

Jun 4, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
The class is smaller this year and they give really great financial aid. I know a couple people who chose Wash U over their top choices in other cities due to financials.
Same smaller class as last year (~total 100)

D

deleted927529

Another thing is that the commit to enroll date for WashU was pushed way back--admitted students have all summer to get off of other waitlists

About the Ads
D

deleted688779

Not on the WL but just saying that AMCAS needs to step in. Maybe enforce a staggered scheme of CTEs based on rank, popularity, or another metric; the more desirable your school is the earlier your CTE needs to be. It is absurd that the higher ranked schools have CTEs much later than lower ranked schools. If someone from a lower ranked school is hoping it get into WashU via WL, do they actually have a chance of getting in if the top schools are filled with people waiting on Harvard/Stanford with CTEs in 2032, while their lower ranked school has a CTE of June...

Jul 31, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Meanwhile...there’re schools whose deadline is in 2 days which forces students to commit and give up WL spots
Is there a data base of WL spots? Cause they say it’s your responsibility to inform schools you are leaving their waitlist. What would happen if you just...didn’t?

• Love
Jun 9, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Is there a data base of WL spots? Cause they say it’s your responsibility to inform schools you are leaving their waitlist. What would happen if you just...didn’t?

The waitlist school can see you are CTE’d elsewhere and won’t offer you a spot off the waitlist. I believe (don’t quote me) they can also report you to AMCAS for breaking guidelines. It’s definitely not recommended to do that.

D

deleted688779

The waitlist school can see you are CTE’d elsewhere and won’t offer you a spot off the waitlist. I believe (don’t quote me) they can also report you to AMCAS for breaking guidelines. It’s definitely not recommended to do that.
Ef

this process

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users
About the Ads
Jul 31, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
So how many people do you think have committed so far considering they have more people than the class size?
I should really stop caring but that little piece of hope is hard to let go lolol
My friend in the group chat says there is people in the groupme who have confirmed they are not going to WashU, but just have not left the chat. That being said, it is highly likely not everyone who is attending washU is in the groupme.

Reactions: 1 users

musician8591

2+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Regardless of what happens with those groups, I only have 5 days to choose CTE at my current school, so if I don't hear back in the next few days, this dream is DOA.

• Sad
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.