2019-2020 Western University of Health Sciences (Pomona, California)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II earlier this evening! LM 67 OOS, complete around 8/15.

Congrats!! Did you by any chance get a complete email prior to your II? I received the secondary on 8/14, submitted 8/19 but my CASPER score wasn't marked received until 8/20 which was the last checkmark required. So, I'm wondering if I should still expect a complete email or to hear back regarding II basically in the next week since they seem to have a 2-week turnaround.

Good luck with your interview !!

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted my app 8/9, everything got a check mark around 8/13 or so, got a status and then it disappeared. I also haven't gotten a complete email. Since they apparently have a 2-week turnaround and I haven't heard anything back, should I email them or assume that I'm getting hit with that R?

I submitted my app 8/9, everything got a check mark around 8/13 or so, got a status and then it disappeared. I also haven't gotten a complete email. Since they apparently have a 2-week turnaround and I haven't heard anything back, should I email them or assume that I'm getting hit with that R?
No everyone was in this same boat. I had statuses appear and reappear for weeks. And still got an II

Members don't see this ad :)
Current student right now, some of my classmates heard back within 1 week, some not for several months. It’s a waiting game, try to just relax and don’t get too angsty.

Congrats!! Did you by any chance get a complete email prior to your II? I received the secondary on 8/14, submitted 8/19 but my CASPER score wasn't marked received until 8/20 which was the last checkmark required. So, I'm wondering if I should still expect a complete email or to hear back regarding II basically in the next week since they seem to have a 2-week turnaround.

Good luck with your interview !!

Thanks! Never got a complete email. Submitted secondary in July and LOR were sent out 8/13.

Reactions: 1 user
No everyone was in this same boat. I had statuses appear and reappear for weeks. And still got an II

When you say statuses where does that appear? I’ve been complete for a while and haven’t seen any changes.

Im being a little neurotic here, but for those of you who got an II, did your secondary status in the portal ever change to "complete" first or did it read "submitted" the entire time? Thanks!!

Is it true that guys have to be shirtless during the OMM lab?

• Wow
Is it true that guys have to be shirtless during the OMM lab?

I was hoping a student from Pomona would address this, I’m in Lebanon, but yes and no. You don’t walk in and strip but there are times where we need to have exposed skin. Both men have their shirts off at times and the girls are in sports bras without shirts on during those times as well.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
I was hoping a student from Pomona would address this, I’m in Lebanon, but yes and no. You don’t walk in and strip but there are times where we need to have exposed skin. Both men have their shirts off at times and the girls are in sports bras without shirts on during those times as well.
I’m from Pomona, it’s the same here. It’s not really a big deal tho, everyone is pretty professional about it.

Reactions: 1 users
is the 10 ish day turnaround from when you submit the secondary or when you get a in review email? (i had everything submitted today but no complete email yet)

is the 10 ish day turnaround from when you submit the secondary or when you get a in review email? (i had everything submitted today but no complete email yet)

Pretty sure when you submit, also the 10 day turnaround is business days, so 2 weeks from when you received the secondary

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone still waiting on a secondary? Primary was verified 8/29 (I know, I'm on the later side), I received the majority of DO secondaries recently, but things have been pretty silent from Western.

Is anyone still waiting on a secondary? Primary was verified 8/29 (I know, I'm on the later side), I received the majority of DO secondaries recently, but things have been pretty silent from Western.
i got a secondary two days ago so they're def coming in batches!

They download apps every Tuesday and Thursday so I think that causes a bit of a delay

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has the same issue as I do. All of my recommendation letters have been submitted to AACOMAS, but I am not sure why on the status page of Western it still says that they are waiting for my science and DO letter. Everything got checked off except these two letters. I am wondering if it just takes a long time for them to get the letter or something.
Did you figure this out? because I have the same issue and I'm very confused if I'm supposed to do something? I've emailed them with no response

Did you figure this out? because I have the same issue and I'm very confused if I'm supposed to do something? I've emailed them with no response

It just took them a very long time to process the letter of recommendation. After two weeks or something like that, I got check marks next to the letter of recommendations.

It just took them a very long time to process the letter of recommendation. After two weeks or something like that, I got check marks next to the letter of recommendations.
I submitted quite a long time ago but was waiting for CASPER which cleared last week Monday .. so maybe they'll process now?

I submitted quite a long time ago but was waiting for CASPER which cleared last week Monday .. so maybe they'll process now?

Yeah, I think so. If you don't see that your letter of recommendations cleared in a week or two, you can call in and ask them.

Still waiting on a secondary from WesternU. Verified 7/2. Should I reach out to them about this or patiently wait? Thanks!

Still waiting on a secondary from WesternU. Verified 7/2. Should I reach out to them about this or patiently wait? Thanks!
I think you should reach out! It definitely wouldn't hurt. Christopher, the Admissions Counselor is very helpful and will probably respond quickly.

Reactions: 1 users
II on 8/30 for 9/12. IS. Secondary completed 8/8.

Just got an acceptance call from the dean herself! I can't believe it!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Just got an acceptance call today as well! Anyone know when the portal will be updated?

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
congrats! how well did you think the casper went for you? I just wrote casper and i don't feel too great hahaha but crossing my fingers for this school!
I didn't feel good about casper either. I'm not sure how heavily they weigh it though because most of the people who interviewed here that I asked felt the same way.

That is so awesome!!! My interview is this Thursday... Any advice????
It's one of the easier interviews in my opinion. The traditional interview is chill. Mine was a one-on-one with a faculty member. But it was supposedly meant to be a two-on-one. For the MMI, just be yourself and don't overthink. This is really broad and stereotypical advice, but I really don't think there's any other way to do it. Don't be too tense and just know that you're talking to a human being. Imagine they're your big brother or big sister. That made it easier for me.

Reactions: 2 users
Got placed on the alternate list :(

Pretty bummed... I live literally 15 minutes from this school. I know it's not a rejection but now I have to wait months to hear back.

I think they said last year that everyone got off the alternate list? Is it usually like that?

And is there any way I can improve my file? I can submit a letter of intent. I'm not sure I have anything to update my file with though since I'm still in undergrad and continuing the same activities as last year.

Did you receive an email about being an alternate? Or a phone call? Not trying to be callous but I haven’t heard back yet

Got placed on the alternate list :(

Pretty bummed... I live literally 15 minutes from this school. I know it's not a rejection but now I have to wait months to hear back.

I think they said last year that everyone got off the alternate list? Is it usually like that?

And is there any way I can improve my file? I can submit a letter of intent. I'm not sure I have anything to update my file with though since I'm still in undergrad and continuing the same activities as last year.
how is the area around the campus? I've heard mixed things

Did you receive an email about being an alternate? Or a phone call? Not trying to be callous but I haven’t heard back yet

I interviewed 8/29 and got an email that my portal was updated last night. Check your portal if you interviewed then. If you interviewed after then you will probably have to wait still.

how is the area around the campus? I've heard mixed things

Pomona isn't the nicest area, I'm from one of the nicer cities over. It's a little run down and sketchy. That being said... I still really love SoCal. If you have a car, there is so much awesome food from every single culture, you're decently near the beach (40-ish minute drive), near LA (~50 minutes), lots of hiking and outdoor trails if you love nature, and generally nice weather. If you don't like Pomona you can easily live 10-15 minutes away in a nicer area.

I interviewed 8/29 and got an email that my portal was updated last night. Check your portal if you interviewed then. If you interviewed after then you will probably have to wait still.

Pomona isn't the nicest area, I'm from one of the nicer cities over. It's a little run down and sketchy. That being said... I still really love SoCal. If you have a car, there is so much awesome food from every single culture, you're decently near the beach (40-ish minute drive), near LA (~50 minutes), lots of hiking and outdoor trails if you love nature, and generally nice weather. If you don't like Pomona you can easily live 10-15 minutes away in a nicer area.
good to know, thanks! for the nicer areas that are a 10-15 min drive away, do you have to take the highway to get to campus from them?

good to know, thanks! for the nicer areas that are a 10-15 min drive away, do you have to take the highway to get to campus from them?

Pretty sure that you can use surface roads for most if you're uncomfortable with highways :)

Thank you so much and @Alco_Palco maybe worry about getting in first? No offense but getting caught up in the little details won’t help you much

Just got a II! And the last I heard anything from them was back in 7/27 when I submitted my secondary lol. No update emails then bam today!! I also completed my secondary way after the 10 days.

Just got a II! And the last I heard anything from them was back in 7/27 when I submitted my secondary lol. No update emails then bam today!! I also completed my secondary way after the 10 days.
What were your stats, if you don't mind me asking :)

For those who have been accepted, how long are you able to hold onto that acceptance? are there any fees to doing so?

Does anyone have a percentage on this school's first time COMLEX pass rate?