2019 Critical Care Match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ttan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who’s got interviews. Program impressions. Anything else!

Members don't see this ad.

I still haven’t heard anything from any program yet. I heard normal wait time was approx. 1-2 weeks but I do know a friend that applied nephro has already gotten some invitations to interview.

So how does this rolling admission thing work? They give you interview and an offer shortly after if they want you? How are you planning for this?

Members don't see this ad :)
Application "on hold" status at 1 CCM 7/18

So how does this rolling admission thing work? They give you interview and an offer shortly after if they want you? How are you planning for this?

That’s basically how it works. They’ll give you a week or two to decide. Try to be smart in how you schedule (I.e. if you really want to go somewhere and you’re a good candidate, don’t schedule it last as you may already have an offer deadline).

I thought most of these programs participated in the match. Is the rolling admission for the programs outside the match?

Ok. But there is the San Francisco Match.
Is that not considered a CCM match?

Nobody posting about recently applying to the match is referring to San Francisco as it has already happened, but fine. For Critical Care Medicine (AKA the pathway through internal medicine), there is no match.

Better?

Anyone hear back from programs yet??

Are ppl hearing back from ccm only programs yet??

I'll go first! OHSU CCM (IM)

AMG MD:

AMG DO: OHSU CCM (IM) 7/30

IMG-US:

IMG- Needs VISA:

I got 2 iv for PCCM but I heard nothing back from CC

Hey folks...any word about interviews? I have heard from a couple of programs, though not too much activity. It is likely still early but would be nice to know if others are largely waiting for CC interview as well (note, this is NOT for Pulm/CC, but just CC alone).

Thanks!

Hi there! new to the forum , also applying for CCM alone interviewed in 2 programs in CCM (which is technically outside the match) as a combination fellowship with ID (within the match). Not sure if anyone is also doing the same this year. Do we technically hear from the CCM programs first to see if the position was kept ~ before the match ? because its 1 year and its usually done at the end of ID fellowship. some people may also be doing the same with nephron-CCM etc. Simply put, when do we technically hear from the CCM programs outside the match regarding acceptance or rejections post interview.

Hey folks...any word about interviews? I have heard from a couple of programs, though not too much activity. It is likely still early but would be nice to know if others are largely waiting for CC interview as well (note, this is NOT for Pulm/CC, but just CC alone).

Thanks!

Hi bro, I've been following some of your posts, and I'd love to have the opportunity to share some of my background with you via email.
Please text me to gmail isaacleon93med.

Thank you in advance, and happy new year bro!!