2020-2021 A.T. Still University (Mesa, Arizona) ATSU-SOMA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
completed in JUNE and haven't heard a single thing..... Please tell me I'm not the only one:unsure:
But I would ask for an update, thats a pretty long time. ADCOM is pretty responsive

Members don't see this ad.

Just got the pre-II R! Good luck to the rest of you!! Complete 9/15 OOS.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Just withdrew my interview invite and app! hope it goes to one of you amazing people :)

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how long it takes to find out what community health center you are assigned to after being accepted? Do you need to put down a deposit to rank the community health centers?

Reactions: 1 user
Can anyone who has interviewed recently confirm what has been said in previous posts about the telehealth assessment being removed from the interview process?

Anyone know if there is a ATSU student on this forum who may answer some questions?

I got the email memo about Telehealth too. All they say is that it will "not be a part of your interview day." Not sure if that means we'll have to schedule it for a later date, or if they're scrapping it altogether.

I got the email memo about Telehealth too. All they say is that it will "not be a part of your interview day." Not sure if that means we'll have to schedule it for a later date, or if they're scrapping it altogether.
I have not gotten an email from them yet, but my interview isn't for a few weeks. I was hoping that someone who interviewed recently can comment on this.

Hi! Just had mine today: open, traditional, and low stress. It was laid back, and my interviewers were all very low stress and nice people. Hoping for good news! :)
Was wondering if you also had the telehealth assessment as part of your interview process or did they remove this portion of the interview?

Complete 8/26 and complete silence. I’m probably in a maybe later pile lol

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how long it takes to find out what community health center you are assigned to after being accepted? Do you need to put down a deposit to rank the community health centers?
You can rank the CHCs right after you are accepted. I got the acceptance email and the CHC ranking email on the same day. However, you have to pay the deposit to lock down your rankings. I am not sure when you find out what CHC you will actually end up at.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey did anyone who interviewed here the end of October just receive an email today? It's titled 'Application Status Update' and it sounds from the content like I was waitlisted but they don't blatantly say that anywhere in the email or title. I'm a bit confused as to what this means, did this happen to anyone else?

You can rank the CHCs right after you are accepted. I got the acceptance email and the CHC ranking email on the same day. However, you have to pay the deposit to lock down your rankings. I am not sure when you find out what CHC you will actually end up at.
Thanks for your help! Does it typically take longer than a week after you fill out the CHC ranking email and put down a deposit to hear back on what CHC you are assigned to?

Thanks for your help! Does it typically take longer than a week after you fill out the CHC ranking email and put down a deposit to hear back on what CHC you are assigned to?
I am not sure how long it takes after putting down the deposit since I haven't paid mine. I'm still deciding what school I want to end up at. Maybe someone else who has already paid or a current student could chime in?

Curious...I applied and was recommended as a Hometown Scholar from the Medical Director at HealthPoint CHC in King County Washington.

Complete 10/2; II 10/21; interview scheduled for 12/2.

If accepted, will I automatically be placed at HealthPoint or will I need to compete for CHCs like everyone else (I am certain the deposit will still apply)?

Just curious. My husband and I own a house in South King County Washington, 10 min from ATSU and he works for the County so it would be traumatic and financially devastating to uproot him for 4 years (instead of me moving to Mesa for 1 year then back to Washington).

Any feedback is appreciated.

I am not sure how long it takes after putting down the deposit since I haven't paid mine. I'm still deciding what school I want to end up at. Maybe someone else who has already paid or a current student could chime in?
Since they do not give you your community health center assignment until after you put down your first deposit, do they at least tell you which community health centers are filled up for the year and which ones are still available during the interview? It would suck to put down a deposit and find out that the community health centers that you want to go to are full. If you have interviewed, can you comment on this? If they do tell you which CHCs are full, which ones are full for this current cycle?

They didn't mention in my interview what was full, they just asked student which they are interested in. I'd like to know that too!

I feel like no news, is good news. But do you guys have all aspects of your app ready to review? DO letter, shadowing, CHC experiences, MCAT score, leadership, etc.
Although those are not "required", I think they are preferred so maybe they're sorting it by that preference? Just speculation lol since I was complete in September and am on hold. I have all those boxes checked plus some other extra things

hm maybe. I don’t have a DO letter or shadowing. Just MD letter

They didn't mention in my interview what was full, they just asked student which they are interested in. I'd like to know that too!
That sucks that they don't tell you. They should be telling applicants before the applicant has to put down a deposit. Wondering if asking them whether or not any CHCs are full would come off as being picky. At the same time, they should know that picking a CHC is similar to picking a school because you will be living at the CHC for 3 years.

That sucks that they don't tell you. They should be telling applicants before the applicant has to put down a deposit. Wondering if asking them whether or not any CHCs are full would come off as being picky. At the same time, they should know that picking a CHC is similar to picking a school because you will be living at the CHC for 3 years.
Yeah I felt the same. I was thinking I either really want Chicago or Illinois, and that's 20 students who could be accepting and staying with ATSU?! But, they explained that they will potentially fluctuate from full to not full based on students accepting at other schools (like 5 students who put down a deposit chose Chicago are now going to LMU or whatever school and those spots are now open or something like that).

Yeah I felt the same. I was thinking I either really want Chicago or Illinois, and that's 20 students who could be accepting and staying with ATSU?! But, they explained that they will potentially fluctuate from full to not full based on students accepting at other schools (like 5 students who put down a deposit chose Chicago are now going to LMU or whatever school and those spots are now open or something like that).
Fingers crossed if you decide to go here. I guess nobody wants to ask during interviews what CHCs currently have spots available out of fear of it looking bad.

I see. Fingers crossed if you decide to go here. I guess nobody wants to ask during interviews what CHCs currently have spots available out of fear of it looking bad.
This sort of predatory behavior leaves a bad taste in my mouth, personally. Unless it was my only acceptance, the location is one of the biggest factors in my decision-making process for multiple reasons. To have to pay one thousand of my hard-earned dollars just to find out if I have a chance at a decent location for my situation when I know I wouldn't go there if I had to live in Scranton, for example, is a bit of thievery.

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone interview on 10/30and hear back?

Last edited:
This sort of predatory behavior leaves a bad taste in my mouth, personally. Unless it was my only acceptance, the location is one of the biggest factors in my decision-making process for multiple reasons. To have to pay one thousand of my hard-earned dollars just to find out if I have a chance at a decent location for my situation when I know I wouldn't go there if I had to live in Scranton, for example, is a bit of thievery.
If it's that much of a deal breaker, then yeah I would just ask straight-up what other sites are available, and be honest. You can always frame it in way where you need to know what sites are available for personal and financial reasons.

Curious...I applied and was recommended as a Hometown Scholar from the Medical Director at HealthPoint CHC in King County Washington.

Complete 10/2; II 10/21; interview scheduled for 12/2.

If accepted, will I automatically be placed at HealthPoint or will I need to compete for CHCs like everyone else (I am certain the deposit will still apply)?

Just curious. My husband and I own a house in South King County Washington, 10 min from ATSU and he works for the County so it would be traumatic and financially devastating to uproot him for 4 years (instead of me moving to Mesa for 1 year then back to Washington).

Any feedback is appreciated.
Hi! Fellow Hometown Scholar. I was guaranteed a seat in my HT clinic. I decided to rank anyways and got my first spot, but they work hard to make sure HT scholars get their home CHCs if they want it, I think.

I submitted my CHC ranking yesterday and got my assignment today with my first choice.

• Love
I was complete in early August and have not heard a thing. I also am "lacking" a DO letter, just an MD LOR for me. LM 68. I kind of agree with a previous poster "no news is good news", especially with DO schools this time of year.

I was complete in early August and have not heard a thing. I also am "lacking" a DO letter, just an MD LOR for me. LM 68. I kind of agree with a previous poster "no news is good news", especially with DO schools this time of year.
how come? do they tend to reject?

Not having a DO letter won't hurt your chances. I completed late August and recently received the II with only the MD letter too. Just hang tight!

• Care
Do you rank all of the CHCs or is it just a top 5 or something? To those already accepted, which CHCs have you guys chosen?

Just got an acceptance call today, interviewed on 11/4! I was told that I'm accepted but that the accepted email won't be sent out until a spot opens :/ Not sure what this exactly means though.. :(

• Sad
Just got an acceptance call today, interviewed on 11/4! I was told that I'm accepted but that the accepted email won't be sent out until a spot opens :/ Not sure what this exactly means though.. :(
They told us something similar today at the interview. From what I gather, they meant that all spots are currently filled. But that they still have an acceptance list and an alternate list ready in case anyone withdraws their acceptance.

Withdrew my acceptance here. Hope it goes to one of you!

Sooo you’re basically waitlisted then? Lol

Sooo you’re basically waitlisted then? Lol
I think so?? Even though the first thing they said was “congratulations we’re calling to offer you an admission.” I’ve gotten 3 acceptances so far and none of them was like this lol

• Hmm
You
Hey, so you were ACCEPTED! CONGRATULATION! However, because all of the seats are "filled" they cannot send you a letter! Bright side, when someone doesn't pay their deposit or chooses another school, you will slide into their spot! Waitlisted on the other hand means that they have not decided what to do with your application. I know it is kind of sucky, but YOU HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED! :) :)

You may ask how does this random person on SDN know? Well, I was ACCEPTED as well and told the same thing. And what was explained to me was a decision has been made and you were ACCEPTED but we cannot send a letter until someone chooses another option! So again, CONGRATULATION!!!! You did it!:):):)

• Care

No, you're accepted and not waitlisted. You'll have an official spot soon. Congratulations!

Silence since mid-August when I submitted my secondary...

You

Hey, so you were ACCEPTED! CONGRATULATION! However, because all of the seats are "filled" they cannot send you a letter! Bright side, when someone doesn't pay their deposit or chooses another school, you will slide into their spot! Waitlisted on the other hand means that they have not decided what to do with your application. I know it is kind of sucky, but YOU HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED! :) :)

You may ask how does this random person on SDN know? Well, I was ACCEPTED as well and told the same thing. And what was explained to me was a decision has been made and you were ACCEPTED but we cannot send a letter until someone chooses another option! So again, CONGRATULATION!!!! You did it!:):):)
How long would you say it took for a slot to open up for you? Also, were you able to receive your first choice CHC still? Any idea when CHCs start filling up? Thanks for the info!

How long would you say it took for a slot to open up for you? Also, were you able to receive your first choice CHC still? Any idea when CHCs start filling up? Thanks for the info!
Hey! So, I was accepted on Friday as well and from what was told to me, in the next couple of days/weeks students will start to determine if they are serious about this school or not. When seats open up, people like you and myself will fill their spots at the CHC of our choice. I was not given the ranking forms as of yet because the spots are technically full, so they cannot over-extent. I know that it is frustrating, but we are still really early in the cycle and if this is your top choice, you will be able to make your CHC selection sooner rather than later. I just want to reiterate that you have been accepted though! So congrats!

UPDATE: I received my official acceptance email on Monday and I submitted my CHC rankings yesterday. The admissions committee will decide which CHC I'll be assigned in the next couple of days because they're on vacation right now for Thanksgiving. BUT to anyone in the same situation as me, you will get an email very soon!! Thank you to everyone who followed up with me :D

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
UPDATE: I received my official acceptance email on Monday and I submitted my CHC rankings yesterday. The admissions committee will decide which CHC I'll be assigned in the next couple of days because they're on vacation right now for Thanksgiving. BUT to anyone in the same situation as me, you will get an email very soon!! Thank you to everyone who followed up with me :D
First off, congratulations!
Second, when you were put on a waitlist, did you receive an email? I am currently on the waitlist and it said something like "an acceptance is possible should openings arise". I was wondering if we were on the same waitlist.

Hey Everyone! I submitted my application and got verified recently. How long does it take after completing the secondary application to receive an interview?

Also, congratulations to everyone that got accepted so far!

First off, congratulations!
Second, when you were put on a waitlist, did you receive an email? I am currently on the waitlist and it said something like "an acceptance is possible should openings arise". I was wondering if we were on the same waitlist.
Thank you!

So I'm not sure if you're accepted or waitlisted, but I was accepted via phone call and was told that I needed to wait until a spot opens for an official acceptance email. If you're in the same situation as me, then you should expect an official acceptance email very soon. If you got a waitlist email, I'm not sure how that process works!

Well...just got rejected from SOMA pre-II, so I’m officially out of the running for both AT Still institutions.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone who interviewed from 11/11 hear back yet? :O