2020-2021 A.T. Still University (Mesa, Arizona) ATSU-SOMA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi everyone, I apologize if this has already been asked before, but is there any flexibility with the second letter of rec from a physician you’ve shadowed? I scheduled shadowing shifts with two physicians but they both got canceled because of COVID.

By the way, I do have clinical research experience and received a LOR from the director of my program, so I was hoping to use that as my second required LOR.

I plan on asking the admissions teams tomorrow as well, thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

For those who interviewed at the Arizona campus, how soon after the interview did you hear back with a decision?
Was the decision through email, phone call, or their online portal?

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who interviewed at the Arizona campus, how soon after the interview did you hear back with a decision?
Was the decision through email, phone call, or their online portal?
I believe acceptances are through phone call and rejections are by email. My email says 4-6 weeks for a reply, but I've seen in previous posts that it's been around 2 weeks.

interviewed jan 15th and got the Acceptance call today! yay! pretty low stat 3.2 cgpa and 3.1 sgpa :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
interviewed jan 15th and got the Acceptance call today! yay! pretty low stat 3.2 cgpa and 3.1 sgpa :)
Was it a 480 number? Also, did you receive a portal or email update?

I interviewed last week too and am anxiously waiting. Anyone else from last week hear back yet?

Was it a 480 number? Also, did you receive a portal or email update?

I interviewed last week too and am anxiously waiting. Anyone else from last week hear back yet?
it was no caller ID lol and no my portal hasnt been updated. they send they are sending me an email

Does anyone know if they have gotten up through Sept/Oct applications? I haven't heard anything since submitting my secondaries. Wondering if they stopped looking, or what.

Does anyone know if they have gotten up through Sept/Oct applications? I haven't heard anything since submitting my secondaries. Wondering if they stopped looking, or what.
+1 I have been waiting since late August and have not heard back with anything either...

Reactions: 1 user
My secondary was complete in September and I interviewed last week

is the Telehealth portion still a thing this late in the cycle?
Im wondering this as well, interviewing tomorrow and there's nothing about a telehealth portion in the schedule

Members don't see this ad :)
I am aware that acceptances are via phone call, however, if I do not answer will they leave a voicemail? Anyone have this happen?

Im wondering this as well, interviewing tomorrow and there's nothing about a telehealth portion in the schedule
I interviewed back in November and there was only the interview day, no telehealth portion. Not sure if this has changed recently. Goodluck tomorrow!!

I was complete 9/22 and received a hold email 10/6, since I have been sending app updates and they've been pretty responsive

I saw earlier in this thread that someone interviewed Jan 15 and got an A call yesterday. I interviewed on the 13th and haven't heard anything... anyone have a similar experience?

I saw earlier in this thread that someone interviewed Jan 15 and got an A call yesterday. I interviewed on the 13th and haven't heard anything... anyone have a similar experience?
Jk I just got the A call. Interviewed 1/13... Hoping to pass the same luck on to the rest of you!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Congrats to those accepted so far!

Does anyone know what the lowest MCAT accepted has been lol

I interviewed 1/20 and had such a great experience. I am so eager to hear back!!! Best of luck to my fellow applicants :)

Hey everyone.

I had a few questions for accepted students.

1. I submitted my CHC ranking and it seems like a majority of my preferred sites are "waitlist only." Does anyone know if it is still possible to be accepted to one of these "waitlist only" CHC sites?

2. With regards to the $1000 deposit, do we have to pay it before we find out what site we're assigned to? Or is it possible to find out which CHC we're assigned to first, and then depending on whether or not if fits our preferences, pay the $1000 deposit afterwards?

3. Just to confirm, the $1000 deposit is non-refundable right?

1) You may still get a seat in a waitlisted CHC. Depends on how many are ahead of you and whether or not the option to trade CHC's exist. In the past, students have been able to trade CHCs so some students who say, maybe wanted a CHC in California may have been able to get the spot if a student there wanted say, NYC. However, my wife shared with me that administration is discouraging trading CHCs because of issues that it causes with the coordinators. So trading CHCs may no longer be an option.

2 & 3) To lock in your CHC choice, you have to pay the $1,000. It is non refundable. You'll get a call saying such and such a CHC is open then they'll tell you that you have x number of days to secure the location by paying the fee. They try to place everyone within their top choice CHC but some CHCs are popular than others and tend to fill the fastest so there is a chance that you end up placed in a CHC that is further down your list.
Thanks for the reply.

I’m still a little confused...

I just submitted my CHC ranking today but have not paid the $1000 yet. So you’re saying that someone will call me next week and tell me what CHCs are still open and I’ll pick my CHC. Then, to actually secure my seat at that particular CHC, I’ll pay my $1000 after we have that phone call?

Anyone having issues selecting CHC's? I'm getting a service error that won't let me access the site...

Anyone know around what time they would call with an acceptance?

II earlier this week, will be declining. hope it goes to one of you wonderful ppl :)

Reactions: 2 users
Any news on acceptances here? Thread seems kind of quiet....

Got the call around noon. Interviewed 1/22 and now under notice of selection

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Just got the call at 4pm EST seat pending! My interview was 1/20.

• Care
Same. got the call and Got selective admissions. interviewed on 1/22

• Care
Just got an email saying "The Adcom wishes to thank you for interviewing and to inform you that you are still being considered for the class of 2025. An acceptance may be possible should openings arise; however, seats may not open up until the interview cycle has concluded in April. It is not uncommon to offer acceptances up until the week prior to orientation in July."

Interviewed 1/22 and I see people from that day have gotten the call already. Is this a waitlist? Anybody else get this email?

Last edited:
Just got an email saying "The Adcom wishes to thank you for interviewing and to inform you that you are still being considered for the class of 2025. An acceptance may be possible should openings arise; however, seats may not open up until the interview cycle has concluded in April. It is not uncommon to offer acceptances up until the week prior to orientation in July."

Interviewed 1/22 and I see people from that day have gotten the call already. Is this a waitlist? Anybody else get this email?
For anyone else who might have gotten this, I emailed the school and they told me yes this is a waitlist.

Reactions: 2 users

I received 3 emails regarding my "Notice of Selection" and discussing ranking CHCs. My email did not say that I am being considered, but that I was "selected for the class of 2025." Did you also receive this or maybe the "waitlist" and "seat pending" are different. Did you also get a call? Regardless, best of luck to all of us!

I received 3 emails regarding my "Notice of Selection" and discussing ranking CHCs. My email did not say that I am being considered, but that I was "selected for the class of 2025." Did you also receive this or maybe the "waitlist" and "seat pending" are different. Did you also get a call? Regardless, best of luck to all of us!
That sounds like an acceptance to me, I would contact the school if you have qurstions. Im jealous haha! No I didnt get a call just an email

• Care
You’re in 🙂

With this school you need a decoder ring to understand their email communications.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Apparently they have an internal ranking of those accepted for how they assign CHCs. Hope I get Mesa!

out of curiosity, if placed on the waitlist, do you still get asked to rank your CHCs or is that assigned later if u get off the waitlist?

Hey guys, the pandemic has really impacted my application this cycle. I was wondering, do you guys think it is too late to send in my secondary?

Did anyone receive an interview without submitting an mcat score?

Late but got an II earlier last week. Dates only for February.

II like 30 min ago, complete all the way back in mid-july lol.

will be declining though, good luck to everyone!

Anyone get a call for a full accept yet?