2020-2021 Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
not to discourage you, but even for the DO cycle, it is VERY late to apply. I would say that if you have a 500+ as well as good stats perhaps you could just apply and take the chance, but if you have no mcat score then I would wait until next cycle.
Ok thanks! That's what I was thinking, but since they decided to expedite the January MCAT scores I was curious to see what the good people of SDN thought lol.

Just wondering does anyone know about the dinner with president kim? Is it beneficial to attend it? thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wondering does anyone know about the dinner with president kim? Is it beneficial to attend it? thank you
I don't think it affects your interview but tbh it was a pretty nice experience to meet him along with a few other faculty members and current students in a casual setting. It also helped because I realized that I had a few more questions after I left the campus post-interview, and just having a conversation with those students and faculty helped me sort those out.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone would like to start something?

You're invited to my new group 'ARCOM Class of 2025' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

If there’s one already, I can delete it but for now feel free to join this one!

i clearly remember that the admissions said your chance of getting in will be low if you are not from nearby states and applying late.
If you have high stats give it a shot. I was interviewed very early for this school and there were alot of people from all over america, and only a few from the area. I did have high stats for the school though

Friends who attend this school only have good things to say. They seem mission oriented as well. Apply based mission fit, especially if your MCAT is high.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi y’all! I just submitted my secondary for this school as well as the DO waiver for this school post pre Secondary hold. I know they say to wait 5-10 days for approval, how long did any have you waited for your II? Or if I still will have a chance this late in the game haha.

Members don't see this ad :)
Seems pretty late.
No one's posted an acceptance comment here for a while.

Hi y’all! I just submitted my secondary for this school as well as the DO waiver for this school post pre Secondary hold. I know they say to wait 5-10 days for approval, how long did any have you waited for your II? Or if I still will have a chance this late in the game haha.
I submitted my secondary at like 2200 and had an II at like 0930 the next morning

Hi there. Does anyone know if the class is filled yet? I was told at dinner with President Kim on 1/15/21 that they’d already had 200 people put deposits down. Does anyone have an idea of how many they typically accept/allow to put deposits down before beginning interviewing for waitlist only? Thanks :)

Last edited:
Hi there. Does anyone know if the class is filled yet? I was told at dinner with President Kim on 1/15/21 that they’d already had 200 people put deposits down. Does anyone have an idea of many they typically accept/allow to put deposits down before beginning interviewing for waitlist only? Thanks :)
sick infinity war GIF

@DrThanos I feel your gif is apt haha. I am hoping they are accepting more than the matriculated list — I guess I’m hoping for a waitlist 🥲
When did/do you interview? I interviewed 1/15 so I'm hoping I'm in the last batch of acceptances before the class is full, but it's definitely discouraging given the # of deposits. I know from last year's thread they started actually telling people during the interview that it was for the waitlist around mid-February.

When did/do you interview? I interviewed 1/15 so I'm hoping I'm in the last batch of acceptances before the class is full, but it's definitely discouraging given the # of deposits. I know from last year's thread they started actually telling people during the interview that it was for the waitlist around mid-February.

That was my impression as well, that we are interviewing for a spot on the waitlist. I hope it is not the case, and that I misunderstood, but it looks like other people got the same impression.

Same day as you. Hopefully we find out this upcoming week!

Hi there. Does anyone know if the class is filled yet? I was told at dinner with President Kim on 1/15/21 that they’d already had 200 people put deposits down. Does anyone have an idea of how many they typically accept/allow to put deposits down before beginning interviewing for waitlist only? Thanks :)

200 people have put down deposits?! How large is the class? I was under the impression the classes were around 150-170 students total. Is that incorrect?

200 people have put down deposits?! How large is the class? I was under the impression the classes were around 150-170 students total. Is that incorrect?
No, that’s right from what I understand. But they take more deposits than actually end up enrolling and I think that’s consistent from year to year, so the question is just how many extra do they take?

any current students-do you use pre-made anki decks shared from upperclassmen/other students or do you make your own?

thank you for responding! is there an option of shared anki decks or is one expected to make them?
It is based on your preference. An upperclassman never offered to share theirs so I make my own.

I received an invitation to interview next week but feel discouraged knowing that it looks like all the seats are already taken. How to stay confident and excited for the interview? This school is my top choice.

I received an invitation to interview next week but feel discouraged knowing that it looks like all the seats are already taken. How to stay confident and excited for the interview? This school is my top choice.
I know of at least 18 people that interviewed after the class was full last year, placed on the waitlist, and now they are in my class. Stay confident in yourself. If you received an interview invite, ARCOM saw something in your application and they are heavily interested in you.

Reactions: 3 users
Just got the notification that I was waitlisted. It seems the class is likely full, so probably no movement until late April/early May. I would recommend that anyone considering interviewing in-person keep this in mind! I wish I had known I was interviewing for the waitlist, as I probably would've chosen a virtual instead of an in-person interview. Best of luck to everyone else, and I hope we all get in somewhere!

No one has been accepted off of the waitlist yet, correct?

Not that I’ve seen in any posts; I don’t think they start waitlist movement til after the enrollment deadline (May 1st for AMCAS and AACOMAS I believe but correct me if I’m wrong)

Not getting a second chance from what I'm told for this cycle. No worries just gotta move forward.

Waitlist movement starts may, but really dont bank on it. If you know your gonna be on the waitlist dont wait for the last second to proactively help your application, just keep trying to make it better. I made that mistake, and dont want other people to make the same mistake as me.

Not getting a second chance from what I'm told for this cycle. No worries just gotta move forward.

Waitlist movement starts may, but really dont bank on it. If you know your gonna be on the waitlist dont wait for the last second to proactively help your application, just keep trying to make it better. I made that mistake, and dont want other people to make the same mistake as me.
You got a post-interview R? I'm sorry internet friend, you got this though!

You got a post-interview R? I'm sorry internet friend, you got this though!

No to get an interview, just a primary hold. If they like you they'll definitely send you a secondary.

Ended up calling admissions. They’re interviewing for the waitlist.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
I have an acceptance here, but I may very well be withdrawing it now. So that is at least one person that can come off the wait list.

Reactions: 4 users
Yikes. You’d think that the money you pay for your 3rd and 4th year, especially considering those years are just your clinical rotations and corresponding exams, would cover the most important part....the actual clinical experience.

Just checking! We can interview over Zoom too right? I'm living with my parents who are high risk and don't believe I can make the trip :/
I just emailed and asked for a zoom interview and they approved it the next day.

• Care
I know of at least 18 people that interviewed after the class was full last year, placed on the waitlist, and now they are in my class. Stay confident in yourself. If you received an interview invite, ARCOM saw something in your application and they are heavily interested in you.
I was interviewed in August and was told by the ARCOM CEO that last year's class was full by December and no one unenrolled; therefore, none of the waitlisted applicants were accepted.

I was interviewed in August and was told by the ARCOM CEO that last year's class was full by December and no one unenrolled; therefore, none of the waitlisted applicants were accepted.
No way are you serious? Why couldn't they tell us that?? I would've made plans to do make my application better immediately. Thats brutal to hear a year later.