2020-2021 Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I wouldn’t look too much into it. They were probably just trying to hide how they felt about your answers, etc. It is possible you had interviewers that were having a bad day but I doubt it. I felt this about one of my other interviews and I just try to not look into it too much. Hope that eases you a little. I also got the feeling they were playing a “bad cop” “good cop” scenario.
I had this good cop/bad cop experience too when i interviewed in person ;) dont look into it too much. i'm sure you did absolutely amazing!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I had this good cop/bad cop experience too when i interviewed in person ;) dont look into it too much. i'm sure you did absolutely amazing!!!
Honestly I felt like the “bad cop” lost character like halfway through my interview when he made a joke and popped a smile lol

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
Received a WL on 3/1 and was moved to an Acceptance today (3/5)!
To those of you who have not been offered admission yet - there is still plenty of time. Sending you all the best

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Received a WL on 3/1 and was moved to an Acceptance today (3/5)!
To those of you who have not been offered admission yet - there is still plenty of time. Sending you all the best
Did you send them a letter of intent or anything after being out on the WL?

Reactions: 1 user
maybe because my interview was later in the day but this is the only interview where I felt very disconnected with the faculty I love the school and what they have to offer but I felt like they weren't interested in me :( I also interviewed today (3/5)
As others have mentioned, don't over think it. I too felt my interviewers didn't like me (both "bad cops"), at the end of the day, one of them told me they wanted to see how I handled myself under stress. Few weeks later, I got accepted. Stay positive! Stay patient!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi! Can anyone pls answer this question as a BCOM student? @jaggabrotha @greenvsblack3 and whoever else knows?

"Can any current 1st years/2nd years can give any advice on applying for graduate loans/how Sallie Mae works?
I'm not too familiar with Sallie Mae but a former classmate who had them last year said he got a better interest rate/deal from them than GradPlus (aka Fafsa aka Uncle Sam). Sallie Mae is a good option (only) if you have a good credit or someone with a good to excellent credit willing to co-sign the loans for you. Compare both by looking at repayment options, deferment policy before or after graduation, max you can borrow each year (example = Sallie currently has no max/academic year, Fafsa does). Make an appointment and talk to someone in the Financial Aid office, they know the "ins" and "outs" of all the different options and they are better suited to answer specific questions regarding paying for school.

Is it too late to apply here? I received a secondary application back in July and never filled it out. I just got an email from them telling me to submit my secondary application. Do you guys think it's too late?

As others have mentioned, don't over think it. I too felt my interviewers didn't like me (both "bad cops"), at the end of the day, one of them told me they wanted to see how I handled myself under stress. Few weeks later, I got accepted. Stay positive! Stay patient!
Agreed! I left feeling so defeated because my experience was not as easy at all, and it was a little tough hearing how conversational it was for everyone else. It might just vary depending on the interviewer as well! Don't lose hope!

Reactions: 5 users
Is it too late to apply here? I received a secondary application back in July and never filled it out. I just got an email from them telling me to submit my secondary application. Do you guys think it's too late?
You never know - it doesn't hurt to try! I had completed my secondary in Sept. but did not realize that I had never actually hit 'submit' until mid January. The app season is not over until it's over! Best of luck

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if a lot of people end up coming off the waitlist? I was waitlisted last month and sent a letter of interest a few weeks after that. This is one of my top choice schools and I really want to do whatever I can to maximize my chances of an acceptance.

Who’s waiting from 3/1 interview. It’s only been a week and I’m anxious

II todayyy!! Wowwzaaaa ^^ didn’t expect anything this late

Who’s waiting from 3/1 interview. It’s only been a week and I’m anxious
Same here! We have to hang tight for another week or two I believe.

I also interviewed on this date! Hoping we all hear some good news. BCOM Admissions gave me a shoutout for asking good questions via Zoom chat, so I'm feeling hopeful!

I also interviewed on this date! Hoping we all hear some good news. BCOM Admissions gave me a shoutout for asking good questions via Zoom chat, so I'm feeling hopeful!
That’s awesome! I hope you hear some good news too. People asked really good questions on Zoom and it really helped me out too so thank you!

II last night, very OOS, complete in late July. Low GPA, high (for DO) MCAT.

Wow quick turn around for you
Trust me, I’m just as shocked as you are. Quickest turn around time I’ve ever experienced.
Congrats! Does bcom send complete emails???
Thank you so much :giggle:

So I got an email after I submitted my secondary saying my application was successfully submitted. Then I got the interview invite a week later.

Last edited:
the amount of times i’ve been checking this thread this week is driving me crazy!!! anyone else from 2/18 and 2/19 interviews still waiting??

the amount of times i’ve been checking this thread this week is driving me crazy!!! anyone else from 2/18 and 2/19 interviews still waiting??

Here from 2/22 but same good luck!!

I received a II, super excited! All of the dates are filled up this month except for one in a few days. I'm worried because I feel like that's too soon and I need more time to prepare. Can anyone give insight and tell me how the interview goes?

• Care
I received a II, super excited! All of the dates are filled up this month except for one in a few days. I'm worried because I feel like that's too soon and I need more time to prepare. Can anyone give insight and tell me how the interview goes?
Congrats! I got an II a couple of days ago and decided to take a bit of time to prepare because I saw the open dates this month were pretty soon as well.

It's ultimately up to your preference! Nothing wrong with taking a bit of time to prepare. I scheduled mine for 4/5 if that makes you feel any better :giggle:

Congrats! I got an II a couple of days ago and decided to take a bit of time to prepare because I saw the open dates this month were pretty soon as well.

It's ultimately up to your preference! Nothing wrong with taking a bit of time to prepare. I scheduled mine for 4/5 if that makes you feel any better :giggle:
I think that's better, it's better we take the time. I signed up for the same date! Congrats to you too, we'll probably see each other :)

• Care
Congratulations! Just be yourself, know your PS, secondary and be honest in your answers. It was pretty conversational and I think you’ll do well!

• Love
I feel you, I'm praying I get in (also interviewed 2/19)

Just got the II! Wow I can’t believe we still have a shot in the game ! Secondary submitted on 11/3.

Hey everyone!! I just received and interview invite from BCOM (virtual) would love to know any pointers/tips if you guys are willing to share?

Hey everyone!! I just received and interview invite from BCOM (virtual) would love to know any pointers/tips if you guys are willing to share?
For me it was a very personal interview in my opinion. They do have questions for you but I felt I knew my app enough to connect my experiences. You may get a “bad guy” “good guy” routine but don’t let it throw you off. The “bad guy” in my interview at the end was smiling and joking around with me. It was so relaxed and after the Introduction presentation, it made me want to go this school even more! Just know yourself and the normal questions (why Burrell, why DO)

Reactions: 6 users