2020-2021 California Northstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
which prereqs? Like including something like english?

All of them according to the tersely-worded reply I got from the admissions office. Save your money people!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else applying here (current students or applicants) know how strict they are with their policy that all pre-requisites must be completed within nine years to your enrollment date? I am very non-traditional and some of my classes don’t quite make the cutoff, and I am wondering if I just flushed away my money by filling out this secondary since there is no way I am re-taking any of these classes. Should I email the adcom? Any advice would be appreciated...thank you!!

I am also a non-trad (completed undergrad in 2015) and called their admissions staff about a month-ish ago about this. They said they were not too strict about it and it was worth applying, so I did. The lady I talked to was very nice and understanding, but I am not sure this applies to their entire admissions team.

Reactions: 1 users
Was anyone able to find organizations or programs specific to this school? Cant find much on their website and I am trying to answer Why CNUCOM?

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, how's everyone approaching "In which direction would you like to see healthcare progress over the next decade?" Are we supposed to dig deep into the whole "healthcare for all vs healthcare isn't a right" conversation or....?

Was anyone able to find organizations or programs specific to this school? Cant find much on their website and I am trying to answer Why CNUCOM?

for this question, you can focus on global health initiatives, patient centered curriculum/approach, goal to address physician shortage in underserved regions.

Wait we have to answer yes to being convicted of a crime if we have a traffic violation?!

II received just now! Does anyone have any info abt the post-interview acceptance rates?

Reactions: 3 users
So clearly they're sending out II's to only HIGHHHHHHH stat applicants right now lol

Reactions: 8 users
II received just now! Does anyone have any info abt the post-interview acceptance rates?
They have very high post-II acceptance rates. I don't remember the exact numbers, but at the interview last year, they said they accepted about 2/3rds of those who interview. This sounds about right to me since MSAR says they interview ~350 students and they matriculate about 100.

Members don't see this ad :)
In the prerequisites on the website, it states that they only require 2 semesters of Bio Lab but when I go to fill it out in the portal it says they need 8 credits. I unfortunately only have 4 credits of Bio lab but it is 2 semesters. Will this be an issue?

In the prerequisites on the website, it states that they only require 2 semesters of Bio Lab but when I go to fill it out in the portal it says they need 8 credits. I unfortunately only have 4 credits of Bio lab but it is 2 semesters. Will this be an issue?

I think that’s for people who have combined lecture and lab courses.

Hey all, anyone log in to the app after 21 days like me? :( Anybody know if there's any way I can still submit? Thanks!

Hey all, anyone log in to the app after 21 days like me? :( Anybody know if there's any way I can still submit? Thanks!
I think someone on here said it was a hard deadline but dont quote me on that. Contact them and see if they can give you an extension? Maybe make up an excuse lol

For anyone else in this position, I emailed them and they extended the deadline so that now I have an addition 24 hours to submit.

I got an email saying "CNUCOM's Admissions Office has received your Supplemental application for 2020-2021" 2 weeks after submitting the secondary. Idk if anyone else was worried about the radio silence, but they do send at least 1 follow-up after submitting the secondary (for all of those anxious like me) lol

I got an email saying "CNUCOM's Admissions Office has received your Supplemental application for 2020-2021" 2 weeks after submitting the secondary. Idk if anyone else was worried about the radio silence, but they do send at least 1 follow-up after submitting the secondary (for all of those anxious like me) lol
I received that supplemental received email today too

same here!

so to be clear, all of you who got this secondary email 2 weeks later, you got no email after secondary submission and just see the "Thank You For Your Submission" on the portal right?

thanks!

so to be clear, all of you who got this secondary email 2 weeks later, you got no email after secondary submission and just see the "Thank You For Your Submission" on the portal right?

thanks!
I got a “Thank you for your supplemental app” email

Has anyone received a decision yet? At my 9/18 interview, they said they'd let us know earliest on October 15th, as has been done in past years...

Did anybody else just receive an acceptance email with a bunch of forms that are apparently due in like 2 weeks along with a deposit?

I'm confused as to what it is - if we fill it out and pay the deposit, that's not a commitment to enroll, right? It's just saying we're accepting their offer, but we can still consider other offers from other schools?

I'm confused as to what it is - if we fill it out and pay the deposit, that's not a commitment to enroll, right? It's just saying we're accepting their offer, but we can still consider other offers from other schools?
Exactly, this is pretty standard protocol, hence why the deposit refund deadline is so far out so we can definitely withdraw at any time!

Exactly, this is pretty standard protocol, hence why the deposit refund deadline is so far out so we can definitely withdraw at any time!
Thanks, this whole process is so confusing for me. Appreciate it!

II just now! School is 10 minutes from me! Anyone who interviewed care to share how many MMI stations there are (if you can share that) and how they are doing the writing sample?

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone interview on 9/18 and not hear back yet?

II just now! School is 10 minutes from me! Anyone who interviewed care to share how many MMI stations there are (if you can share that) and how they are doing the writing sample?
Congrats! Do you mind sharing when you completed your secondary app?

My portal says my secondary deadline is "10/24" but that's not 3 weeks after my secondary invitation? I got my invitation on October 1st which means tonight is the deadline.
Do you guys follow the 3 week deadline or the deadline on your portal? Any help would be appreciated!!

My portal says my secondary deadline is "10/24" but that's not 3 weeks after my secondary invitation? I got my invitation on October 1st which means tonight is the deadline.
Do you guys follow the 3 week deadline or the deadline on your portal? Any help would be appreciated!!
I mean why wait? If you held onto your secondary for 3 weeks, I doubt holding it for another 3 days is drastically going to change your answer. Just get it over with

I mean why wait? If you held onto your secondary for 3 weeks, I doubt holding it for another 3 days is drastically going to change your answer. Just get it over with
My app closed out after the deadline on my portal.

Accepted today, after interviewing on 9/18! For anyone who is still waiting, I contacted the admissions committee and they said you could expect to hear a decision in 4-6 weeks. Wishing everyone the best of luck!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
II today 4:33 Instate