2020-2021 Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What type of questions should I be prepared for in the interview? Were there any questions that caught you off guard? I interview on Tuesday and any information would be very much appreciated :) thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
II just now. IS. App also was complete today, so the turnaround is pretty quick lol.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is it too late to submit a primary :unsure:
If you have good stats I'd say go for it... If they are average maybe? I'm not sure if they would pull new people to send secondaries if they think they have enough. But I'm not entirely sure

What type of questions should I be prepared for in the interview? Were there any questions that caught you off guard? I interview on Tuesday and any information would be very much appreciated :) thank you!
Questions are very much related to your application. My hardest was why not physical therapy (I come from a family of PTs and have a lot of clinical experience). Another one that you could be asked is if you applied to MD as well. Basically they want to feel out if you are actually interested in DO. The interview section of this site was pretty helpful

Received II yesterday, scheduled for 1/20. I am a current MSBS student at Campbell. Any advice from people who have interviewed already is much appreciated. Mostly worried about hard ball questions.

Received II yesterday, scheduled for 1/20. I am a current MSBS student at Campbell. Any advice from people who have interviewed already is much appreciated. Mostly worried about hard ball questions.
I would say just remember your application and be prepared to either explain in more depth or talk about how or why you got involved. And then some classic questions like why DO? Overall I didn't feel like there were hardball ones. it seemed pretty conversational

Reactions: 1 users
Honestly I didn’t think there were any hardball questions. It was super relaxed. Just make sure to know your application and a few highlight experiences that played a big part in your journey. The whole experience was very informative and enjoyable. Congrats on getting the II, you got this!

Anyone from December hear anything back yet? I got waitlisted at two places this week so I'm desperate for some better news and really love this program

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone from December hear anything back yet? I got waitlisted at two places this week so I'm desperate for some better news and really love this program
Interviewed 12/7 and I still haven't. It looks like all the November interviewees have heard back by now so hopefully we'll hear back next week

do any current students know the details for presidential scholarship? do you basically get the award if you meet the requirements?

They have their scholarships and other financial aid on that page. It was helpful to read through. :) They also seem to have other scholarships you can get as you get into year 2 or 3.

Any thoughts on when December interview will hear back? Hopefully it’s this week for us !

I heard last year they mass-waitlisted all December interviewees...hopefully it's not the case this year

I heard last year they mass-waitlisted all December interviewees...hopefully it's not the case this year
Seems like a lot of interview letters recently tho, so who knows if it’ll be like last year.

has anyone heard of any rejections or WL through here? I know SDN isn’t a total sample, but I’m really hoping the class isn’t already full

has anyone heard of any rejections or WL through here? I know SDN isn’t a total sample, but I’m really hoping the class isn’t already full
Seems like there’s been a bunch of acceptances in the past. Fingers crossed we’re not a waitlist wave...

• Care
Withdrew my acceptance today, hope it goes to one of you amazing applicants !

ACCEPTED JUST NOW!!!! Interviewed on 12/1

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Accepted via email, interviewed 12/2!!!!!!

Did you hear back via email? I interviewed 12/16 and haven't heard back yet.
Haven’t heard back either and interviews that week as well. Fingers crossed they get back to us soon!

Just got denied post-interview :(. Ironically this interview felt better than my other interviews so I was surprised. Congrats to those accepted and good luck everyone else. Are they receptive of emails asking for feedback? I'm assuming it's because my sGPA was below their average but not sure, since they did mention my upward trend in the mock interview

Edit: Interviewed 12/7. 3.5c 3.36s 504 mcat

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
Just got denied post-interview :(. Ironically this interview felt better than my other interviews so I was surprised. Congrats to those accepted and good luck everyone else. Are they receptive of emails asking for feedback? I'm assuming it's because my sGPA was below their average but not sure, since they did mention my upward trend in the mock interview

I also just got denied post interview and I’m extremely surprised as well. Interview was 12/09.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users

Sorry to hear that. I’m wishing you the best for any other interviews you have!

Does anyone know if the scholarship information comes with the acceptance email if you qualify or does it come afterwards in a separate email? Thanks!

Sorry bad timing but II on 08jan2021, interviewing in late January. OOS and complete in august.

Are there any current students lurking around who would be willing to share what they like/dislike about the school? I just put down my deposit and I have a couple of questions! Thanks so much

I interviewed the same day you did and I could have sworn they said they would reach out by now. Have you heard back from Campbell yet? Hope it works out for you, too!
Oh yea I got denied :( Good luck tho!

• Care
I saw some earlier posts about an interview workshop earlier in the Fall. Would anyone be willing to share their notes with me? You can reply or inbox me please.

I interviewed back on 12/7 and it has been crickets since. Any ideas on when I should expect to hear back from them? Thanks everyone.

I interviewed back on 12/7 and it has been crickets since. Any ideas on when I should expect to hear back from them? Thanks everyone.
I interviewed that week as well and haven’t heard back yet. I’m sure it will be soon. 🤞🏼 Good luck!