2020-2021 Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi - Yes, they still have interviews open. When I got my interview notice, they were scheduling interviews all the way out to early April.
Thank you!!! That’s great to hear amidst all this stress lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I submitted a secondary last week, marked complete a day later, & then received an interview one day after that ! There is hope for people who submitted late

Reactions: 6 users
Hey everyone! In September I was put on a hold for a secondary until my fall grades of my graduate program were verified. After verification, they said I am now in a "pre-screen" on Jan 20th. What's the timeframe for a response, and has anyone experienced this?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! In September I was put on a hold for a secondary until my fall grades of my graduate program were verified. After verification, they said I am now in a "pre-screen" on Jan 20th. What's the timeframe for a response, and has anyone experienced this?
My prescreen lasted about 1 month.

Reactions: 1 users

I am still on the pre-screen hold too. I would think if you make it through you are heading for an interview.

I interviewed this past week. We were told during the meeting that it would be about 2 weeks to hear back. But in the email sent out, it said 4 weeks. I hope you guys hear back soon since it would mean the school is trying to turn around responses in 2 weeks!

Reactions: 2 users
This was said at the end of my interview day during the final meeting:

-They are ready in about two weeks for notifications.
-committee meets every Friday for that week
-Open file for admissions committee so they discuss my file and the interviewers evaluation of me.
-Committee casts a ballot which is then reviewed by the Dean. That part didn’t make sense - seems like a lot of people for the dean to look at.
-Then we get emailed responses.

Withdrew my seat today, wishing you all the best!

Reactions: 4 users
New to the forum: I just received an acceptance email yesterday, interviewed 12/9, and have been long awaiting a reply. I was previously on the waitlist as many others who interviewed in December were. I am guessing there was some movement with people giving up their seats, and am assuming some fellow waitlisted folks will start to hear back soon! Excited, as CUSOM was my top choice from the beginning. Also interviewed/accepted at LUCOM and am still weighing my options. Advice would be greatly appreciated! Anyone else in the same boat?

• Care
I haven't looked at LUCOM, but Campbell has impressive stats as far as scores and where people match. Part of their success comes down to the fact that they test and retest their students as part of their curriculum. They said you have to take a test before Step 1 with their school so you only take it when you are ready and will pass. I personally would prefer a school that is proactive. Some people may not need it and may find it a little much.

It's a pretty rural area where the school is located - if that matters. People talk about it being close to Raleigh, but that's a stretch (a reaalllll stretch). My family is in the area, so I would love to remain as close to NC as possible.

People have talked about their dress code being a little strict. I worked in corporate America for a few years now, so at this point, I'm okay with looking awake and ready for work every day.

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrawing my acceptance here. I would have been excited & grateful to go here, just got into school near family. Hope it goes to one of you! Good luck

Reactions: 9 users
I haven't looked at LUCOM, but Campbell has impressive stats as far as scores and where people match. Part of their success comes down to the fact that they test and retest their students as part of their curriculum. They said you have to take a test before Step 1 with their school so you only take it when you are ready and will pass. I personally would prefer a school that is proactive. Some people may not need it and may find it a little much.

It's a pretty rural area where the school is located - if that matters. People talk about it being close to Raleigh, but that's a stretch (a reaalllll stretch). My family is in the area, so I would love to remain as close to NC as possible.

People have talked about their dress code being a little strict. I worked in corporate America for a few years now, so at this point, I'm okay with looking awake and ready for work every day.
I would say I’m pretty sure Lucom also had a dress code and they probably are pretty strict.

waitlisted, super bummed about it.
interviewed 1/25

• Care
First A of the cycle, interviewed 1/25. Emailed me around 11am.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Waitlisted. Interviewed 2/2, 2nd waitlist I just need an A

Waitlisted as well. Interviewed 2/2. 2nd waitlist too.

Hi there, current student here. Every DO school that I’m aware of requires students to pass a proctored practice exam prior to sitting for COMLEX Level 1 and 2. In the spirit of transparency, that’s not something that sets the school apart. That being said, Campbell’s board performance for its first 7 classes speaks for itself. If you do a little googling and compare the first attempt pass rates as well as average scores between schools, you will see that Campbell indeed does an excellent job preparing us for board exams. Best board performance that I’m aware of among schools less than 10 years old, and better than most established schools as well.

Waitlisted today. Interviewed 2/1. Remaining hopeful!

Admitted students - when did you get financial aid info/any scholarships?

Admitted students - when did you get financial aid info/any scholarships?
I haven’t :/, I emailed them regarding it and they said they meet every Friday to discuss scholarships

“Our scholarship funding varies every year because it depends on how many current medical students continue to get his/her scholarship through each year of medical school. Unfortunately, we do NOT have enough funding to offer to everyone that meets scholarship requirements to current and incoming students.

The scholarship committee (different from the admissions committee) meets almost every Friday and reviews all newly accepted and deposited applicants eligible for merit scholarships. They select who they want to invite to apply for the scholarships. If someone doesn’t accept an offer, then the scholarship committee will meet again.

Our scholarship committee doesn’t meet again until next Friday.”

Just need some reassurance from waitlisted people. First of all how are you holding up, and are we expected to be pulled off the list in May or has anyone been accepted off the waitlist already ?

Just need some reassurance from waitlisted people. First of all how are you holding up, and are we expected to be pulled off the list in May or has anyone been accepted off the waitlist already ?
A couple people have posted A's off the waitlist so far. I've been on the WL for about a month like many others who interviewed in December and heard decisions in January. I'd send a letter stating you're interested in remaining on the WL if you haven't done so, they seem receptive to these.

My advice is to just enjoy yourself right now. No amount of worrying or stressing is going to change the decision that will be made in the future- you'll end up where you're meant to be. You weren't rejected so they thought you were a good fit, there's just not enough space for everyone. We won't know our WL rank until May, but it seems like we could be accepted any time before that as well. May 15 is the date that DO schools can withdrawal students who have more than one acceptance, so I expect things will pick up then once those accepted start to choose only one school. I've personally been in the mindset that I won't know anything until May so I've just been doing my thing since then, working and spending time doing things I love. I know its hard, but considering this application cycle has been going on since the summer, we've made it this far and that is something to be proud of even if it isn't our desired destination. Just have to try to stay in your lane the rest of the way.

Good luck!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Did y'all get a confirmation that they received the "interested to remain on WL" letter? I sent mine a few weeks ago and didn't get a response.

Did y'all get a confirmation that they received the "interested to remain on WL" letter? I sent mine a few weeks ago and didn't get a response.
I didn’t get anything back.

Does anyone know how many people they interview and how many they waitlist?

I haven’t :/, I emailed them regarding it and they said they meet every Friday to discuss scholarships

“Our scholarship funding varies every year because it depends on how many current medical students continue to get his/her scholarship through each year of medical school. Unfortunately, we do NOT have enough funding to offer to everyone that meets scholarship requirements to current and incoming students.

The scholarship committee (different from the admissions committee) meets almost every Friday and reviews all newly accepted and deposited applicants eligible for merit scholarships. They select who they want to invite to apply for the scholarships. If someone doesn’t accept an offer, then the scholarship committee will meet again.

Our scholarship committee doesn’t meet again until next Friday.”
I’m assuming this is all independent of our fafsa being processed? I never got a confirmation about mine and I submitted it back in Dec

Hello Everyone,

I got an II recently and just got an email about an interview preparation workshop. Do people typically attend the workshop and if so, what can I expect from attending it? Thanks!

Hello Everyone,

I got an II recently and just got an email about an interview preparation workshop. Do people typically attend the workshop and if so, what can I expect from attending it? Thanks!
Make sure you attend the workshop. They provided us with a lot of good information, excellent admissions team at the school. They also offer a mock interview ahead of the real thing if you want. All the best.

• Care
I was accepted earlier this week. Feel free to message me if you have questions about my interview experience.

I think last year they accepted around 180 students and I believe the target is close to that this year. They have not given an indication that the class is full or a waitlist number target. Still, a waitlist spot is more or less a delayed acceptance. Just hang in there. Several students posted that they declined the acceptance earlier this month and a few days later people posted they were off the waitlist. Movement is happening.

• Care
hey guys, I received an R (without a secondary invite) 2 days ago and then I emailed admissions back asking for some feedback yesterday. then 30 minutes later I received this email-

Thank you for submitting your primary application to Campbell University Jerry M. Wallace School of Osteopathic Medicine. Your application has been reviewed and at this moment we would like to bring your application to the Pre-Screen Committee for an in depth review. We are very interested in your candidacy and will be discussing your application within the next few weeks.

Once we review your application with the committee we will contact you with a status update.

Very surprised but happy they are re-reviewing me. I wanted to know if you guys think I have shot at getting a secondary and II this late.. stats: 495 --> 504, gpa 3.1/3.2, extensive scribing/volunteering/work in rural and underserved populations/clinical psych internship.

• Care
Just submitted secondary today. Let’s hope it’s not too late!

Reactions: 3 users
II today!! Submitted Monday, was marked complete today. Super excited I still have a chance!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
II today!! Submitted Monday, was marked complete today. Super excited I still have a chance!
Excellent news!! Good luck with everything. Let us all know when you get that A so we can celebrate with you!

anyone else just get a waitlist confirmation email? kindof odd because so much time has passed since my interview lol. I hope they did not just receive my email saying I wanted to be on the waitlist. (I was already notified of being waitlisted and I emailed back saying I want to be on it but this was like a follow-up email weeks after)

anyone else just get a waitlist confirmation email? kindof odd because so much time has passed since my interview lol. I hope they did not just receive my email saying I wanted to be on the waitlist. (I was already notified of being waitlisted and I emailed back saying I want to be on it but this was like a follow-up email weeks after)
I did as well. Same thing!

Many people weeks ago stated they haven’t heard anything after sending their interest to remain on the waitlist. It seems like they replied to all of those emails today. I received one too and I emailed them like a week ago about the waitlist

Antsy and want to do something med school related in my free time. Not any studying...but suggestions of blogs, books, documentaries?
fav books: When Breath Becomes Air, Still Alice, The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down :)