2020-2021 Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the email! Top 20 Tier!!!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Top high tier as well! Hoping for the best for all of us.

Reactions: 1 users
So there are 5 tiers technically not 3? Top 20, top high, high, middle, and low?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
So there are 5 tiers technically not 3? Top 20, top high, high, middle, and low?
LOL yeah guess so. I love how they say there are 3 tiers but we very clearly have seen at least 5

I think top high and high might be the same. I know there was some confusion of the rankings last year on the thread as well. It’s weird that the emails says they wont say how many people are in each category but have a top 20 tier lol

I think top high and high might be the same. I know there was some confusion of the rankings last year on the thread as well. It’s weird that the emails says they wont say how many people are in each category but have a top 20 tier lol
I was hoping CUSOM would be more transparent with us students on the waitlist. we want to know whether to keep hoping for a spot or start working on the next cycle instead of false hopes and disappointment

Top high tier. Sounds like there are a few of those now. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Top 20 tier! I like how there are at least 3/20 on this thread. Best of luck to everyone. May 15th is coming up soon.
Does that note at the end of the email mean we will know by then?? I couldn’t tell

Is there any current CUSOM students, preferably 2nd or 3rd years that can PM me? I am WL at this school but if accepted I may accept. I just have some questions with the school and program.

Sorry if this has been asked earlier, but does anyone have any data on amount of WL acceptances here in previous years?

I am Top High Tier and will drop my seat at another school for CUSOM

Reactions: 3 users
If I am on multiple waitlists, how am I supposed to narrow down my choice to one school when I could get into another?

If I am on multiple waitlists, how am I supposed to narrow down my choice to one school when I could get into another?
You can hold on to as many WL as you have, you only have to narrow down to 1 school if you hold multiple As. You don't have to narrow down your WL options. Hope that answers your question.

You can hold on to as many WL as you have, you only have to narrow down to 1 school if you hold multiple As. You don't have to narrow down your WL options. Hope that answers your question.
That makes sense, thanks so much!

In the email they sent about the waitlist update, it said to remain competitive you should continue to send updates. If I already sent an update letter 2 months ago and have nothing new to report, will I still be considered competitive if I don't send another now? Or should I send one anyway

In the email they sent about the waitlist update, it said to remain competitive you should continue to send updates. If I already sent an update letter 2 months ago and have nothing new to report, will I still be considered competitive if I don't send another now? Or should I send one anyway
If CUSOM is your number one choice you could sent a letter of intent and just restate your updates in it

Has anyone heard more about this WL workshop tomorrow? Not sure if its a camera / dress-up situation!

I received the email with the link about 15 minutes ago. Has everyone else gotten it?

Also--what is the dress code for this

I was hoping CUSOM would be more transparent with us students on the waitlist. we want to know whether to keep hoping for a spot or start working on the next cycle instead of false hopes and disappointment
From my experience with some other schools this is actually a relief to have an idea of where you are on the waitlist. Most other schools dont give more than that you are waitlisted... though it varies school to school

Sorry if this has been asked earlier, but does anyone have any data on amount of WL acceptances here in previous years?

I am Top High Tier and will drop my seat at another school for CUSOM
I would expect more movement to occur within the next few weeks, since MD schools are now pulling off their waitlist as well. UNC, Duke, and Wake Forest are just now starting to do that, which lots of NC residents apply to.

In the waitlist workshop today she said they have already pulled a few people from the waitlist this week

In the waitlist workshop today she said they have already pulled a few people from the waitlist this week
Did they say anything about the amount of movement they're expecting? I assume it will pick up a bit after May 15th.

Did they say anything about the amount of movement they're expecting? I assume it will pick up a bit after May 15th.
No she didnt give an amount but did say she expected it to pick up after May 15th. Someone had tried asking how many people they typically pull off the waitlist and she didnt really give a straight answer.

Can someone DM me and explain this castlebranch system for knocking out requirements please? It’s still showing me incomplete on tasks. Please?

Anyone heard anything yet? I'm thinking of calling tomorrow to ask about waitlist movement

Anyone know the exact laptop model that they give to students at orientation?

I was accepted off the waitlist today. However, I will be turning down the seat. I was notified of top 20 status on May 7th. I hope the spot goes to one of you future doctors!

Reactions: 8 users
Was just starting to get used to the radio silence but I guess I’ll go back to getting heart attacks with every notification 🙂

Did this in my other WL thread so I'll do it here too: there's 97 people in the facebook group for class of 2025. The class size is typically 160. Maybe the group isn't a reliable indicator of anything but it doesn't look like the class is finalized.
The FB group I found has 153 people
689A43D2-9666-4CAD-A709-BFF8050D665A.png

• Sad
I just got the acceptance email!!! So excited as this was my top choice!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
I wonder how many people in that group are admin/current students. If any accepted people want to chime in, please do.
There are faculty, MS1, and MS2 students in that group, some are advertising housing options and other stuff. So it is really hard to narrow down the number of accepted students so far. On the GROUPME there are about 90 members.

Let's assume the current seats filled are closer to 100 than 150 for the collective morale of this thread lmao
I mean the school waitlisted a bunch of people so I would assume they expect more waitlist movement?