2020-2021 Chicago Med at Rosalind Franklin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Submitted on 7/25, but never received a complete email. Can't even find the secondary app link to check my status.

Does Application Management take you to the secondary? I would try to access it to see if they received everything. I submitted in August and followed up when I hadn't received a complete email, and it turned out that my secondary app payment hadn't gone through. If the website link isn't working, I recommend emailing their office to see if everything is in order for your app.

Members don't see this ad.

Submitted VITA 9/9 haven't heard anything.

Reactions: 2 users
Looks like it might be time to reach out to Zachary for an update :X3:

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Not to make anyone anxious but just sharing thoughts: I think we should be hearing soon upon looking at last year's threads. There was something in early November after the 10/15 acceptance wave for those post-interview (our case of post AAMC VITA). Keep up the hopes!

Reactions: 1 users
I have a LM of 62, was complete at this school in August. I haven’t gotten an R yet, so I’m holding out hope that they grant me an II!

Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
Pre-II R on Friday 11/6. Complete 7/31. Stats: 3.64/510 + ORM + OOS but connections to area. Best of luck everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Not to make anyone anxious but just sharing thoughts: I think we should be hearing soon upon looking at last year's threads. There was something in early November after the 10/15 acceptance wave for those post-interview (our case of post AAMC VITA). Keep up the hopes!
That is why I was expecting something to come out last Thursday

Maybe they are just delaying the timeline by the same amount as other deadlines like when they started interviews??

I emailed Zachary and he said that I would hear back by the end of the month (VITA complete 9/12). So the 11/20 date would make sense (or I guess the week after too).

Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, guys. RFU alumnus here. Be patient. The school sends interview invitations all the way out into March. If you haven't heard anything, it's not a good thing. it's also not a bad thing. It's just a thing. I was interviewed in April and accepted in May when I applied, so hold tight. It's early.

Reactions: 12 users
Interviewed completed on November 6th. Any idea of when decisions come out. Stats 515 MCAT, 2.9 UGPA, 4.0 Special Master's Program in Physiology GPA.

Anyone else complete early August and no word on requesting a VITA?

Accepted yall 3 mins ago. 505 mcat, 3.6 gpa. In state. Non trad with significant healthcare experience. Compled vita on 9/23. Omg i can’t believe i got accepted!!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 17 users
Accepted yall 3 mins ago. 505 mcat, 3.6 gpa. In state. Non trad with significant healthcare experience. Compled vita on 9/23. Omg i can’t believe i got accepted!!

CONGRATS!!!
Now I'm nervous as hell..vita complete 9/28...

Anyone have any portal changes? Last wave of A's saw a portal change.

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted!! VITA complete 9/28, OOS LM 70

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Anyone have any portal changes? Last wave of A's saw a portal change.

I'm not sure if it was released all at the same time on Oct 15th..but i guess I'm not in the As wave if thats the case.. But yeah I don't see my portal change so i probably won't hear back today..

Accepted just now. OOS. Non-trad. 511/3.65. Applied mid-Aug, VITA mid-Oct.

Reactions: 3 users
I complete my VITA October 1 and I'm here refreshing like a maniac even though logically I know it's already 4pm and they might not be sending out more decisions today :bang:

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
are people that completed VITA before some people with As SOL?
We don't know. I completed VITA 9/12, and in the meantime some people have gotten As and some Rs, but I haven't received any news at all (along with a lot of other folks.) Wait....wait...wait...

Accepted! IS Non-trad 518/3.85. Applied early Aug, VITA early Sept.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Been complete since 8/19 and completed VITA 10/2 for a different school....hoping to hear something from RFU soon!! :nailbiting:

I submitted my VITA 10/14 -- any idea on a timeline to hear back? thanks!

Just that I submitted VITA 9/13 and have now seen two big groups of As go out without getting anything. I feel like that is pretty indicative of my chances. I am expecting an R next week.

I'm in the same boat but I really don't think our chances are any different from anyone else. Any medical school will come out and say that they are conservative with straight up As this early in the cycle. Plus, the amount of mind numbing VITA content these adcoms have to watch has to be slowing things down.

Keep your head up! We're not rejected, that A can come anytime. For reference, VITA submitted 9/10

Reactions: 6 users
Just got the pre-II R.. OOS, complete 8/28. Good luck to you all!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Received the post-VITA R today. VITA completed 10/3. IS, ORM, 511, 3.79. Tbh, R kind of expected because my VITA wasn't great, but I'm really shocked RF is only using the VITA to make these decisions.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 15 users
Post-VITA R today as well. Vita Complete 9/17. IS, 512, 3.97. Very surprised on this one. Both my aunts went here for medical school and my research mentor did as well. Felt like my VITA went pretty solidly. I guess you never know with these kind of things.

• Care
  • Hmm
Reactions: 12 users
Post-VITA R today as well. Vita Complete 9/17. IS, 512, 3.97. Very surprised on this one. Both my aunts went here for medical school and my research mentor did as well. Felt like my VITA went pretty solidly. I guess you never know with these kind of things.

did u get an email?

Complete 8/28 and haven’t heard anything since...anyone else in the same boat?

Reactions: 5 users