2020-2021 Chicago Med at Rosalind Franklin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Two questions:
Has anyone tried to send update letters?
I just finished my VITA, do I send a thank you email or letter?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do they respond 6-8 weeks after the VITA and do we get an email from RFU saying they received our VITA?

If you get an interview invite, is there an update on the portal that would reflect that like did a new tab pop up for you before you even saw your email...read something about someone’s email invite going to spam

If you get an interview invite, is there an update on the portal that would reflect that like did a new tab pop up for you before you even saw your email...read something about someone’s email invite going to spam
I don’t know how long after I got my email from them, but in my applicant checklist I did have one related to VITA after I got my II

just got my first pre-II R of the season by this school :') haha. Complete 7/24, LM ~66 (low MCAT high GPA)

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Just checked my portal and saw that there was a new option on my checklist - I was waitlisted. Sad. Everyone check your portals though there might be something there.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Just checked my portal and saw that there was a new option on my checklist - I was waitlisted. Sad. Everyone check your portals though there might be something there.

Sorry to hear that. Thank you for the heads up!

Also waitlisted today. Disappointing bc it was one of my top choice schools

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh god, now im shaking. Vita complete 9/28 but still nothing on the portal.. ahhhhhhhh halp

Waitlisted as well but CHIN UP folks! Waitlisted= NOT rejected. My understanding is many folks get offers from the waitlist at this school. (maybe I'm just trying to cheer myself up...)

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
same, i'm so scared, why can't they tell us already

It's so scary that "waitlist" is not really a status update and just an addition to the checklist..you would only get an email if its rejection or acceptance..

I'm so confused with the timeline for this school....

Not even sure if silence from this school is a good thing lol

Reactions: 1 users
anyone else’s portal the same? no update post II?

Reactions: 3 users
Waitlisted. Vita completed 9/20. Good luck everyone still waiting for a decision!

Joining the waitlist crew! Hoping everyone stays sane during these uncertain times!

• Care
waitlisted, vita done 9/30. ORM in state, LM and WARS 75, VITA score 0.5/10

• Care
Still nothing and completed VITA 9/13...

“Thank you for your interest in and application to the Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science for the entering fall 2020 class.

After careful review of your application, the Chicago Medical School is unable to offer you admission at this time. However, because of your academic and personal attributes, you have been placed on our alternate list. The Admissions Committee views candidates on the alternate list, like yourself, as a group of applicants who have a strong likelihood to gain admission. Accordingly, the Admissions Committee will revisit the alternate list beginning on or after December 20, 2019.”

They couldn’t even get the year correct :/

• Care
  • Angry
Reactions: 5 users
Just got the emails for waitlist after already seeing the waitlist tab in my portal- so the update emails seem to lag behind the actual portal update by about an hour

So I crunched some numbers, RFU offers around 759 II (I forget the exact number), and has 189 spots. Thus, chances of an immediate acceptance post II is around 1 in 4 (the admissions people told me they don't over-accept like other schools). Assuming 1/2 of the accepted people and 1/3 of the waitlisted people decide against going to RFU (which seems to be the norm for lower stat MD schools), your total chance of admittance waitlist or otherwise appears to be 1 in 2.
From last year's thread. If you peruse the rest of that particular page I quoted from, there was a current student who said she was pulled off the waitlist 2 weeks after getting placed on it in Dec. Don't give up, guys. Also, the waitlist is unranked apparently.

Anyone else see the typo in the accepting position on alternate list? It says August 2020?

what could it mean if I have no update if I did my VITA 2 months ago...should I email to follow up or just wait?

What does your checklist show after submitting your VITA? Mine says "AMCAS VITA Interview Confirmation" but the date is just when I said I want my VITA sent to them not that they received it.... does that make sense lol

VITA complete 9/12 and still NOTHING. Bah.

How does an "unranked" waitlist work? They're just gonna pull people off randomly?

What does your checklist show after submitting your VITA? Mine says "AMCAS VITA Interview Confirmation" but the date is just when I said I want my VITA sent to them not that they received it.... does that make sense lol

Mine simply updated to have the green checkmark by the AMCAS VITA Interview Confirmation. They didn't confirm when they received my VITA.

VITA sent in on 10/06 but no status update :/ I'm nervous...

No vita yet and starting to worry about that

Forgot to ever post on here but I received a pre-II R on Oct. 30th. Good luck to everyone waiting!