2020-2021 Chicago Med at Rosalind Franklin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I submitted my secondary application and paid the fee, but it still shows as a red X on my homepage. After clicking on the application, it appears as submitted? Anyone else having similar issues?

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted my secondary application and paid the fee, but it still shows as a red X on my homepage. After clicking on the application, it appears as submitted? Anyone else having similar issues?
Did you get an email from them confirming receipt of your secondary? I submitted last night and now have a green check mark next to my application and also received an email confirming that it was received.

Did you get an email from them confirming receipt of your secondary? I submitted last night and now have a green check mark next to my application and also received an email confirming that it was received.

I'm going to wait until this evening to check, it sounds like it may take a few hours to update. I haven't received an e-mail yet either. Thank you so much for your help!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary submitted 7/20. Received "complete" email this morning 7/25.

Are we allowed to email adcom with an update if our secondary was already submitted? I don't see anywhere in the portal to do so.

• Dislike
Are we allowed to email adcom with an update if our secondary was already submitted? I don't see anywhere in the portal to do so.
Read the FAQ.

Can I send in updates to my application?

Unfortunately, we cannot accept any additional information or materials unless it includes Institutional Action, Felony, Misdemeanor or Military Discharge explanations. Any additional information or materials will be discarded.

Read the FAQ.

Can I send in updates to my application?

Unfortunately, we cannot accept any additional information or materials unless it includes Institutional Action, Felony, Misdemeanor or Military Discharge explanations. Any additional information or materials will be discarded.

thank you lots, must have missed that.

Just got complete email, submitted secondary 7/22

I am a FAP recipient and was never told that my fee was waived, but I never got a prompt to pay the fee. Is anyone else in the same boat?

I'm also FAP and same thing happened to me. got an email saying I was complete so I'm sure it was waived

How long is it taking Casper to send scores to med schools btw?

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent my Casper with a bunch of other schools over a week ago, and I am still not complete here :( I sent an email to the school just now.

I sent my Casper with a bunch of other schools over a week ago, and I am still not complete here :( I sent an email to the school just now.

I took the CASPer on July 30. It takes 2-3 weeks to score them and send them. my fee for the exam was waived, so for some school it showed that my file was completed even though I had not taken the test. So don”t worry about it too much

DC97ACEC-96E5-42BE-A723-C9F99217E536.png
how does the complete email read?

my letters of recommendation show up as not received, but I submitted them a while ago. anyone else?

Send then an email. They said they misplaced mine and they were quickly able to find it.

i submitted my app 1.5 weeks ago, but it has not been "audited" yet. Should I email them or just be patient? lol

Same as last year!

Please discuss challenges in your journey thus far to medical school. (150 words)
Please specially discuss how, if admitted to our program, your admission would contribute to the diversity of the Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science community. (150 words)
Are these the only 2 prompts?

Seems I am having similar problems to those above me here. Completed my secondary early last week, took my CASPER in May, and am receiving emails that I still need to finish my application. I have no indication of whether they have received my LOR because my checklist only has Supplemental and MCAT checkmarks.
Does this seem like a good reason to email?

Seems I am having similar problems to those above me here. Completed my secondary early last week, took my CASPER in May, and am receiving emails that I still need to finish my application. I have no indication of whether they have received my LOR because my checklist only has Supplemental and MCAT checkmarks.
Does this seem like a good reason to email?
I emailed and they fixed it for me within the day. I would email.

How strict do you think they are on having only 3 individual letters? I’m non-trad, and I have 4 letters I’d like to submit: a committee letter, TFA supervisor (principal) letter, one science, and one non-science.

How strict do you think they are on having only 3 individual letters? I’m non-trad, and I have 4 letters I’d like to submit: a committee letter, TFA supervisor (principal) letter, one science, and one non-science.
If they’re only asking for three letters, I highly recommend only submitting three. I’ve heard of some adcoms being annoyed when they need to read an extra letter and sometimes they’ll just randomly choose which three to read and ignore the fourth.

Audit complete email today. secondary submitted 7/26. I hadn't heard back from them so I emailed the advisor today and he handled it! very prompt and kind

I've read about RFU's PMP before, and while I agree that they market it in a sketchy way, that's why it's important to do your research thoroughly when applying to post-bacc programs. Most SMPs are scams because they appear to guarantee admission to the medical school if you meet requirements, when that really isn't the case and you're only guaranteed an interview. It's unfortunate that they take people's time and money like this, and I'm glad people are sharing their experiences so that others won't make the same mistakes.

As for the auto-rejections, I find this soooo irritating, especially because they ADMIT that they aren't even reviewing some of the applications. It sucks because I wish I could take the moral high ground and not apply to RFU or whatever, but as an IL resident I feel like I have to apply to as many in-state schools as possible. Can't wait to someday wear my big boy pants and actually have enough power to make a difference, y'know?

Reactions: 1 users
Also wanted to know how important it is to send professor letters to this school... debating on sending a professor letter vs clinical volunteering letter

I just received an email that my application is complete despite my lack of score (coming this coming tuesday pls send good vibes). Reading about the rep that CMU makes me kinda sad... can anyone support that statement with their own personal experience or what they've heard from current students?

I just received an email that my application is complete despite my lack of score (coming this coming tuesday pls send good vibes). Reading about the rep that CMU makes me kinda sad... can anyone support that statement with their own personal experience or what they've heard from current students?
RFU has its ups and downs. I did their masters program and learned a lot, however I didn’t fall in love with the school or curriculum. There was a need for a lot of improvement, but it’s a school that gives people a chance. A lot of the medical school students come from the BMS program ( used to be strong linkage) and I think this contributes to a different culture that the school has.

no personal experience with RFU but my app was also marked complete despite score coming on 8/18! still dunno how that happened

Also wanted to know how important it is to send professor letters to this school... debating on sending a professor letter vs clinical volunteering letter
I sent two letters from professors I'd had classes with, and one from a doctor I had shadowed. From this FAQ: "If you choose to submit three individual letters, we prefer (but do not require) at least one recommendation to come from a medical professional (not necessarily an MD) with whom you have worked."

Application marked complete today. Submitted 8/7

current student here...feel free to pm me