2020-2021 Chicago Med at Rosalind Franklin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II! But I'm confused, so they only look at our VITA? There's no separate interview day?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
II, OS, ORM, LM 68 !

Jeez, did they send II to everyone?? lol

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody complete 7/27 or later get an II? Congrats to all of those who got one!

Reactions: 4 users
II right now via email! OOS, LM 69, complete 7/23

So I read that it's recommended to complete VITA within two weeks from the invitation email sent by AAMC. Anyone know if we will be receiving this VITA invite link from AAMC right away after we confirm the interview on our Rosalind Franklin portal? Trying to gauge when I should do mine

So I read that it's recommended to complete VITA within two weeks from the invitation email sent by AAMC. Anyone know if we will be receiving this VITA invite link from AAMC right away after we confirm the interview on our Rosalind Franklin portal? Trying to gauge when I should do mine
VITA invites get sent from AAMC on Thursday mornings, so I wonder if you accept today if you'd get the invite tomorrow already. I'm not sure on the turn around time

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if this is only VITA, or will there be actual zoom interview after that??

Members don't see this ad :)
It's just VITA according to their website
Bruh this decision seems incredibly unfair... seeing that VITA is a one-time deal and gets used for every med school participating in it, so if we're unhappy with how it went, we don't have a second chance for any school that wants to interview us after. Super upset about this :(

Bruh this decision seems incredibly unfair... seeing that VITA is a one-time deal and gets used for every med school participating in it, so if we're unhappy with how it went, we don't have a second chance for any school that wants to interview us after. Super upset about this :(

You also aren’t able to tailor your responses to specific schools which is really unfortunate...

II. Already took VITA. Stats in sig. OOS w/ no ties. Complete 7/15.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so upset about this

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Do you guys think they sent IIs to almost everyone?? Trying be be excited about a II but I feel like VITA is so low effort and fast, Im thinking almost everyone got one from RFU...... lol
Especially since this thread blew up with II posts faster than I think I've ever seen one blow up before.

Do you guys think they sent IIs to almost everyone?? Trying be be excited about a II but I feel like VITA is so low effort and fast, Im thinking almost everyone got one from RFU...... lol
same.... :/

I did not get an II yet, but I was complete relatively late (8/20). LizzyM 65, OOS, URM

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone think it would be a bad idea if I wait a few days until I accept the invite? Wanna buy myself an extra week to prepare lol
I don't think it'll hurt much, but either way since VITA invites are sent out every Thurs morning I think it's likely that you won't get anything from VITA until next week if you accept today or tomorrow.. Depends on the turnaround time tho

I did not get an II yet, but I was complete relatively late (8/20). LizzyM 65, OOS, URM
I was complete super early. So maybe just all the early people got one. and everyone else will get one later...... lol
I hate this VITA thing ):

II IS!!!! Since they're only doing VITA this year and no virtual interviews, is the number of vita II going to be the same as the amount of II they usually give during a normal cycle?

I was complete super early. So maybe just all the early people got one. and everyone else will get one later...... lol
I hate this VITA thing ):

I was complete early but no II yet for me

Reactions: 1 users
Especially since this thread blew up with II posts faster than I think I've ever seen one blow up before.

Since there are no virtual interviews coming from RFU, I think it's safe to say that there is going to be the same screening and selection criteria used in previous cycles to administer VITA

The question is is that since there are more qualified people than spots, whether they send VITA out to more people than they would have interviewed in person

Last year they interviewed 728 people out of a total of 14,552 verified applicants. That’s less than a 1% interview rate.

Now with having vita only it’s possible they’ll interview some more people but they surely won’t dramatically increase it. It’s def a big accomplishment to get an II here or really at any medical school so if you got one be proud of yourself!!

Would anyone who has had experience with multiple secondary apps mind answering the question: when most schools ask about connections to their school/state, do they usually ONLY ask about immediate family (siblings, parents, grandparents) or do some of them also ask about direct relatives (cousins, aunts, uncles, etc)?

Wow, lots of people with II! I also got mine this morning. Best of luck to everyone. :)

So it just sends your vita then right? You don't have to do anything else? Haven't heard anything from this school.
You have to go to the portal and provide consent for them to receive your VITA interview.

How long does it take for us to receive the VITA instructions after confirming on the portal?

does anyone know if their VITA invites this year will match the regular number of IIs typically sent out?

Given my neuroticism and just general curiosity, I emailed my RFU admissions counselor (not sure if we all have same one) with a few questions and asked how many applicants will receive VITA this cycle. Will report back when an answer is provided.

Edit to add: RFU's typical interview day seems to be 5 MMI stations itself and orientation prior to the MMI, so it's not entirely surprising they went with solely with VITA this cycle and especially so if they have us simply attend of the school's open house for the orientation portion.

Reactions: 10 users
II today, IS, completed 8/19, 514/3.98 but I already butchered my VITA so not super stoked about that lol

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
II today, OOS, any tips for completing the VITA?

VITA invite rec’d this morning. We can take this any time with no scheduling? Wonder if they’ll have an admissions decision by 10/15.

VITA invite rec’d this morning. We can take this any time with no scheduling? Wonder if they’ll have an admissions decision by 10/15.
Presuming some people already have VITA finished and it just needs to be requested, they’ll have at least some out by 10/15.

Are some schools, not Rosalind it looks like, doing additional II's after the VITA?