2020-2021 Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (DMU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got put on hold today. Does anyone know if people actually get an II from being on hold? Any current students have an info on this?

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The DMU admission office posted a cool 360 degree tour of the campus:

Reactions: 5 users
Is it silly to follow up and ask for an update (pre-II)? I know they say 90 days but I don't know if it is better to be patient or more assertive in this circumstance. I'm at exactly 2.5 months and going a bit crazy here!! :)

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Is it silly to follow up and ask for an update (pre-II)? I know they say 90 days but I don't know if it is better to be patient or more assertive in this circumstance. I'm at exactly 2.5 months and going a bit crazy here!! :)
My 90 days started 10/13, so I feel you. 🙃

• Care
I
I wouldn't worry I got ii like basically 120 days after or

Does DMU send emails periodically about being placed on pre-II hold? I've gotten like 2 emails, (3-4 months apart from each other) since I've applied about how I'm on hold and that they'll continue to review my application. Wondering if I should just give up hope at this point.

• Care
Has anyone done the Kira Talent assessment? If so, what tips could you give to do well on this? Also, would I be expected to wear a suit for this assessment?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Do the practice questions that they give you when you check in! Very helpful to get comfortable with the format.

had my info session this week! staff felt very welcoming, but it's only an hour so we definitely didn't get all of our questions answered.

Has anyone done the Kira Talent assessment? If so, what tips could you give to do well on this? Also, would I be expected to wear a suit for this assessment?
dress as if it was an interview bc it basically is!

Practice, look at the camera, watch your practice runs, improve from there, & wear professional attire bc that's the interview.

How long does it usually take to hear back after The Kira Talent Assessment?

got placed on post-II alternate list today. info session was 12/17

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
II earlier. Forgot this school existed lol. I will be declining the interview though

Does DMU send emails periodically about being placed on pre-II hold? I've gotten like 2 emails, (3-4 months apart from each other) since I've applied about how I'm on hold and that they'll continue to review my application. Wondering if I should just give up hope at this point.
Just got another one of these emails too, about 2 months since the last one

Do we schedule our own info session using that website they gave us or do they email a link once they’ve reviewed the Kira?

I received an acceptance text a few hours ago. It said that e-mail confirmation will follow but I haven’t received anything yet, and I’m worried that the text might be a cruel joke. Anyone else receive a text?

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I received an acceptance text a few hours ago. It said that e-mail confirmation will follow but I haven’t received anything yet, and I’m worried that the text might be a cruel joke. Anyone else receive a text?
Don't worry, the text is legit. You'll probably receive an e-mail later in the day.

Does anyone know the likelihood of having orientation/classes online this fall?

II yesterday evening! Complete 10/1 (added this school late). Super excited, this looks like an awesome program!

withdrew from the pre-II hold list, good luck to anyone else waiting!

• Care
Is anyone applying for Des Moines online MHA this year?

Does anyone know what the attire is for the VirtYOUal event is?
i woke up 5 min before the event & threw on the first t-shirt i came across.

don’t worry, it’s zero stress at all. super casual and they’re just telling you more info about the school.

Anyone know when they start taking people off hold?

After receiving the Kira assessment and the group interview? is there an individual interview? Also how do you prep for the group interview?

After receiving the Kira assessment and the group interview? is there an individual interview? Also how do you prep for the group interview?
The Kira is the interview for this school. The group session is more of a Q and A, but still, dress and act professionally. There is no separate interview besides these

The Kira is the interview for this school. The group session is more of a Q and A, but still, dress and act professionally. There is no separate interview besides these
How long after completing Kira did you get the session info? I competed Kira 1/19 and still haven’t heard back