2020-2021 Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if the invites for applicant day (IBM) will still be sent or are the chances for that happening slim 😅

Does anyone know if the invites for applicant day (IBM) will still be sent or are the chances for that happening slim 😅
As i read the posts on sdn as well as other sources, the invites closest to the applicant day are about 7 days before the actual day😂 so if we haven’t heard back this Friday, the chance should be slim..the official website also mentioned the notice should be sent out 1-2 weeks in before the interview day. I am also waiting..hope that we get the invite this week!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Here! have not heard back yet, today will be the last day for the shortlisted applicants to get notify i guess
i had asked from admission team and thats what they replied about shortlisted should received email by this week.
finger crossedddddd

Reactions: 1 users
I’m so excited March is coming up next week. Hoping we hear back with decisions soon 🤞🏻

Reactions: 7 users
Hi everyone! Thread seems to be getting a little quiet lately so I thought it’d be nice to revive it a bit 😊 Feb applicant here, attended 16th Feb applicant day! Am on the waiting boat now, is anyone else also waiting as well? Would love to hear about updates from the earlier applicants as well ☺️

Reactions: 4 users
Best of luck friends! Let's keep up the good spirits and keep busy till we hear some news

Reactions: 4 users
All the best for your applications everyone!! Hang in there and take care in the meantime 😌💪🏻

How long does it take to get an interview offer after receiving the email saying that the admission committee is starting to review my app? From your personal experience :) thx

How long does it take to get an interview offer after receiving the email saying that the admission committee is starting to review my app? From your personal experience :) thx
For me, it took approximately a month after I submitted everything for my application.

Members don't see this ad :)

I think there are two interview days left for this cycle, one on March 17 and the other April 20, and I think they try to invite you at least 1-2 weeks prior to the date. I'd say the earliest you can get invited is around now while the latest could be mid-April.

I submitted August 27, resubmitted Sep 3 (because of an update), and was invited Sep 7, so it took only ~10 days. So pretty fast, but they might take longer now merely because they have more applications to look at at this point.

Good luck and stay hopeful! If you've submitted your app you've done the hardest part :)

Has anyone from Dec 6th Applicant Day heard back yet? It’s been like 3 months 🥺
I was interviewed in Oct and still haven’t gotten a decision except for the management email 🥺

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
It is depending on the interview dates. Invitation sent out 1-2 weeks before applicant day. I submitted on Xmas day, received in mid Jan.

I wonder if there were any rejection letters sent out over the past month after the management email was sent :unsure:

Any offers made? I am soooo worried since it's already March! The management letter says that the final decision will be made before the end of March. I am soooo afraid that they are gonna send the offers first and rejections on the last day hahahah

I wonder if there were any rejection letters sent out over the past month after the management email was sent :unsure:
There doesn't seem to have been any rejections yet, so they probably used the management email as a 'catch-all' such that both rejections and acceptances will be sent send of March.

Hi everyone! I applied for PhD IBM and attended the Applicant Day on 25 Feb.
I think the offer will be made in the next few weeks. Hope anyone getting the offer can update your outcome ;)

All the best everyone!

OMG finally offered a position to duke nus🥰!!!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Congrats!!! <3
Congrats Ian233 on the wonderful news!! 🥳 Hopefully the rest of us get to hear back soon too 🙏🏻
Congrats! :D Did you apply for MD? Also did you get the management email?
Yes, I applied for only MD program here. And thank you guys for your support, which means a lot to me.
I got the management email back in Jan.
Hang in here, the rest of my friends! I have waited for more than 4 months to hear back from them.
The waiting game is agonizing but worthwhile!

Reactions: 3 users
Hi everyone!

Is there applicants for the IBM or QBM PhD Programs heard from school so far?

Thank you so much!!!

Yes, I applied for only MD program here. And thank you guys for your support, which means a lot to me.
I got the management email back in Jan.
Hang in here, the rest of my friends! I have waited for more than 4 months to hear back from them.
The waiting game is agonizing but worthwhile!
Congrats!!🎉
Would you mind sharing your stats??

I am going to withdraw my MD offer and hopefully that position will go to one of the waiting buddies!
Really really sad that I cannot go to Singapore and cannot be classmates with you guys. I thought it was definitely my top choice and have been looking forward to it for a long time :cryi:
Good luck everyone! We will all be doctors eventually!

Reactions: 11 users
received an offer yesterday (was in the junk folder lol)
international
interviewed in oct
3.93/518

Reactions: 6 users
Wow great stats @sheyfesh and @Ian233 :) you guys are probably a bit too qualified for this program haha

*edit: "You guys are very qualified!" [sorry for those I accidentally offended anyone with my initial comment. It was sincerely just meant to complement sheyfresh and Ian233]

Last edited:
Congrats to those who got their acceptance! If you'd like you can join a number of us on this telegram group where we ask qns and discuss about anything and everything! From textbooks to health checkups and rentals :) Hopefully we can schedule a face-to-face meet up when the restrictions let up

Otherwise you can pm me on tele @pepperqi if you have any qns! See you guys soon and all the best to those waiting for their offers!

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
I have been anxiously waiting since the management email saying that we will since the result by the end of March :cryi: Hopefully, we only have 2 more weeks of torture left ...

Reactions: 5 users
Wow great stats @sheyfesh and @Ian233 :) you guys are probably a bit too qualified for this program haha

Just want to point out that the MCAT average for the incoming class is likely to be 516. We have a student with a perfect 528 in the first year class. Several of our students have PhDs from places like Stanford, MD Anderson and HMS prior to matriculation.

Singapore is generally ranked first on various global surveys of educational quality and competition for spots at Duke-NUS is fierce. No such thing as being "too qualified". If they like your app and they think you're committed to a career in SG, they will admit you.

Reactions: 1 user
With the end of March being less than a week away, I want to take a moment to really commend each of us for applying during a global pandemic. It takes a lot of grit and hard work to apply to medical school and each of us has put a lot of hours into our personal statements, clinical experiences, volunteering, studying for the MCAT, and more. The journey to medical school is a deeply personal one and I'm confident that the admissions committee will utilize a holistic view of our application. To those of us who get an A, congrats and I'm rooting for you! For those of us who don't get admitted, let's press on and apply again the next cycle. Jia you, everyone!

Reactions: 8 users
Hello all, if there is anyone who created a chat/telegram for admitted AND committed international students, please let me know. I am a current international MS1 at Duke-NUS. I had some troubles when I came here and settled down. So, I would like to share some tips on planning and coming to SG with internationals so that you all don't experience any hassle. Thanks and congrats again! By the way, someone said the incoming MCAT is increasing every year right? As far as I remember, the MCAT average of admitted students was like 513~514 last year. This year, the average is like 516. It's getting tougher every year indeed.

Does anyone know if the class of this year has been filled already....

hello! will be planning to apply to dukenus in a few years time but am super worried now because of my current GPA. am a local and my CAP is currently 4.2x/5.0...any idea what GPA does this translate to? Thanks everyone !

hello! will be planning to apply to dukenus in a few years time but am super worried now because of my current GPA. am a local and my CAP is currently 4.2x/5.0...any idea what GPA does this translate to? Thanks everyone !
My advice is that you need to focus on MCAT or GAMSAT (the other med exam). There is nothing you can do about GPA assuming you graduated already. Our school filters applicants based on MCAT, not GPA. Therefore, in my opinion, MCAT is more important than GPA. Good luck on your prep and let me know if you have more questions.

Hello all, if there is anyone who created a chat/telegram for admitted AND committed international students, please let me know. I am a current international MS1 at Duke-NUS. I had some troubles when I came here and settled down. So, I would like to share some tips on planning and coming to SG with internationals so that you all don't experience any hassle. Thanks and congrats again! By the way, someone said the incoming MCAT is increasing every year right? As far as I remember, the MCAT average of admitted students was like 513~514 last year. This year, the average is like 516. It's getting tougher every year indeed.
How do you know is 516 :)

Just want to point out that the MCAT average for the incoming class is likely to be 516. We have a student with a perfect 528 in the first year class. Several of our students have PhDs from places like Stanford, MD Anderson and HMS prior to matriculation.

Singapore is generally ranked first on various global surveys of educational quality and competition for spots at Duke-NUS is fierce. No such thing as being "too qualified". If they like your app and they think you're committed to a career in SG, they will admit you.
Oh woah really? very cool :) What did the HMS person get his/her PhD in?

Would you mind sharing this on the forum? This would be useful information for international students overall!