2020-2021 East Carolina (Brody)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So just a doubt but has there been any post-II rejections at Brody yet?
I don’t think any have been reported on SDN. They did say at the interview though that they can give them out at any point in the review process.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I don’t think any have been reported on SDN. They did say at the interview though that they can give them out at any point in the review process.
Ok cool just wanted to make sure. I wasn't sure if they waited till the end or something. Thanks!

• Care
I got excited bc I got a call from a Durham number, but it was about my car’s extended warranty 😭

• Okay...
Reactions: 4 users
Got a call today from Greenville...South Carolina. Brutal.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Its crazy how little movement there is from them and on this forum. Last year there was so much movement and speculation

Its crazy how little movement there is from them and on this forum. Last year there was so much movement and speculation
I would expect it to be delayed this year due to circumstances.

Anyone think it might be worth it to send a letter of interest? I sent an update after the fall semester ended, but considering I haven't heard anything I feel like I might want to let them know I am still interested.

Anyone think it might be worth it to send a letter of interest? I sent an update after the fall semester ended, but considering I haven't heard anything I feel like I might want to let them know I am still interested.
Good idea!!

Hey everyone. Been a long time lurker of this thread. I just got the call from Dean Bright with an A! I hope this post helps someone someday :)

This is my second cycle applying.
Last cycle, I received an interview invite on 8/23/19 (secondary submitted 7/22).
Had my interview on 9/18/2019. Felt super super confident with the interview and was super excited to hear back.
Fast forward, I was waitlisted on 3/23/20.
Sent a letter of intent with no luck. Was rejected on 6/8/20. Brody was my only interview invite out of 22 apps.

Fast forward to this cycle:
Submitted secondary on 8/31/20. Received an interview invite on 10/7/20. Interviewed on 10/20/20. Honestly did not feel like this interview went very well (I got an interview to UNC this second cycle and felt it went much better than Brody’s, but nothing from them yet).
Then just got the acceptance call from Brody today.

This process has completely played with my emotions, brought on some serious self doubt, and I had already convinced myself I was not going to medical school this cycle.
But we did it fam! My heart goes out to all the people who have felt the same way I have for the past two years. It is heartbreaking and demoralizing to want something so bad and feel like it’s just out of reach. Don’t give up ♥️

Reactions: 15 users
Hey everyone. Been a long time lurker of this thread. I just got the call from Dean Bright with an A! I hope this post helps someone someday :)

Last cycle, I received an interview invite on 8/23/19 (secondary submitted 7/22).
Had my interview on 9/18/2019. Felt super super confident with the interview and was super excited to hear back.
Sent a letter of intent with no luck. Was rejected on 6/8/20. Brody was my only interview invite out of 22 apps.

Submitted secondary on 8/31/20. Received an interview invite on 10/7/20. Interviewed on 10/20/20. Honestly did not feel like this interview went very well (I got an interview to UNC this second cycle and felt it went much better than Brody’s, but nothing from them yet).

This process has completely played with my emotions, brought on some serious self doubt, and I had already convinced myself I was not going to medical school this cycle.
But we did it fam! My heart goes out to all the people who have felt the same way I have for the past two years. It is heartbreaking and demoralizing to want something so bad and feel like it’s just out of reach. Don’t give up ♥️
I also interviewed on 10/20 RIP to me. But CONGRATS to you!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)

Congratulations. So happy for you!!

This literally happened to me. Last cycle interviewed in december..waitlist...then rejected. This cycle interviewed in the first spot and havent heard since. So maybe there is hope

I also interviewed on 10/20 RIP to me. But CONGRATS to you!!!!!
As they say, it’s not over until it’s over. People who interviewed after me got in before me. This process is totally wacky and backwards.

This literally happened to me. Last cycle interviewed in december..waitlist...then rejected. This cycle interviewed in the first spot and havent heard since. So maybe there is hope
There is hope! Keep your chin up!

Sending out good vibes for calls today 🍀

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Maybe tomorrow or Wednesday. Fingers crossed for us all🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I know plenty of people who are at ECU now who got accepted from the WL! Never give up hope even if we get placed there. Fingers crossed we hear some good news soon 🤞

Reactions: 5 users
I know plenty of people who are at ECU now who got accepted from the WL! Never give up hope even if we get placed there. Fingers crossed we hear some good news soon 🤞
That's good to know there is a lot of WL movement at Brody!

Have any of you called admissions for an update on your application status?

• Hmm
This waiting is crazy.

Reactions: 7 users
I emailed and got a vague response. They didn't seem too receptive, but it may be worth a shot?
Tempting lol. Did they make it sound as if post-II rejections have been made? It’s just odd none are reported when they came out throughout the cycle the past few years 🙃

Reactions: 1 users
So do we think we will hear anything this week, friends? B/c I'm already holding one waitlist position and I'd really like to know if I need to start studying for the MCAT again lol

Reactions: 2 users
So do we think we will hear anything this week, friends? B/c I'm already holding one waitlist position and I'd really like to know if I need to start studying for the MCAT again lol
this was my second year applying and out of personal experience, i would definitely prepare like you are not getting in. Sounds bad but hope for the best, plan for the worst.

Reactions: 2 users
Just got an email from Brody asking to confirm my continued interest. First time I’ve seen something like that hmmm. Interviewed in Nov.

Last edited:
Didn’t get that email 😕

• Hmm
So admissions just said they were sending em out in batches to avoid getting a bunch of responses. So there’s still hope for those of us who haven’t gotten them :blackeye:

+3... So it says don't send letters of update or intent just your response. So the content of the email just needs to be what exactly?

edited to changed from +2 to +3... didn't see that response.
+1
I’d like to know the same. Are they expecting a love letter attached or just a simple answer?

So admissions just said they were sending em out in batches to avoid getting a bunch of responses. So there’s still hope for those of us who haven’t gotten them :blackeye:
WTF is the point of this???

For those of you that interviewed before January, have you heard a response yet?

I think they are looking for our help to make their job easier.
I was looking at it in a positive light. I know, we are all trying to make sense of "the email" and the cycle in general, but here's my logic:

If they wanted to reject or waitlist us, they would've done it with an email. But it seems like before they make their waitlist, they want to see if other people are going to opt to go to another school, so that they know how many "more" applicants to accept prior to sending out the waitlist.

Maybe I'm grasping at straws but it seemed like a "positive email" to me.

Did not receive email - love that.
Currently eating cool whip from the tub to cope and start on my re-app.

Good luck everyone!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users