2020-2021 East Carolina (Brody)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the acceptance call!!! Interviewed 12/8. So excited!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got accepted and I Interviewed 12/1!! I am in still disbelief and emotional.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
II yesterday around noon! Was complete mid September and sent a transcript update about 2.5 weeks sgo
I received an II on 2/1, emailed them back immediately, but haven't heard back since. Just wondering if they have emailed you back to confirm an interview date?

I received an II on 2/1, emailed them back immediately, but haven't heard back since. Just wondering if they have emailed you back to confirm an interview date?
They will get back with you with all the info. Just give it time. They sent me my link the day before my interview.

Reactions: 1 users
They will get back with you with all the info. Just give it time. They sent me my link the day before my interview.
Ah, thanks for the info. I was given four possible dates, so I guess I'll have to ask for them all off at this rate... Lol. What a system.

Like @EagerEagle said, I also waited a few days before hearing back. So you’re all good. I also wasn’t sure and called them (they’re one of the only schools that is answering phone calls so that’s pretty nice) and they said to just hold tight as it’s one person handling/scheduling interviews.

Reactions: 3 users
I have not heard back to confirm either. I think I’ve checked my sent messages 100 times to make sure it actually went 😂

Are ya'll sending updates as an email to admissions? I haven't found anything in the portal or on the website with this information so I just want to make sure that I'm going about it the right way!

Members don't see this ad :)
Are ya'll sending updates as an email to admissions? I haven't found anything in the portal or on the website with this information so I just want to make sure that I'm going about it the right way!
I emailed somadmissions and sent my updated grades. They responded the next day saying they'd update my file.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey all so if we were to send like your grades update do you have to include amcas id in th email?

Hey all so if we were to send like your grades update do you have to include amcas id in th email?
I sent an update letter and a copy of my updated transcript and I included my AMCAS ID after my name at the bottom of the letter just in case!

its crazy how quiet this thread is compared to last year. Last year there was so much speculation and movement

Reactions: 2 users
its crazy how quiet this thread is compared to last year. Last year there was so much speculation and movement
right?! I went through it at around 1 am this morning because I couldn't sleep.

Are other schools quiet too? Brody is behind (in comparison to last year) so perhaps the active movement will come later.

Are other schools quiet too? Brody is behind (in comparison to last year) so perhaps the active movement will come later
I'd definitely say other schools are quiet too. I haven't heard anything from over half of my schools that I applied to, and I was complete in July.

Brody does not inspire any confidence in me with their ability to manage applications. Certainly makes you wonder about trusting them with your medical school education.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Just to chime in, I think Covid has made an already treacherous process worse. I ended up applying late, but I was lucky enough to interview here early December. 3 months (yes 3!!) after I was complete. Then an additional 2 months until I heard back and I got accepted.

In Brodys defense, they do have the applications update tab that no other school I’m applying to does. This year, they got 17% more apps too so I bet that was not helpful lol. When you do get accepted (which I hope all of you will), they send a very comprehensive offer letter with next steps. All in all, I think Brody is slow like many other schools but the people I met- Dr. Bright especially- were more than reassuring about the program (and the price). He constantly says “no news is good news” so hold on and Good luck!!!!!

Reactions: 8 users
I'd definitely say other schools are quiet too. I haven't heard anything from over half of my schools that I applied to, and I was complete in July
Just to chime in, I think Covid has made an already treacherous process worse. I ended up applying late, but I was lucky enough to interview here early December. 3 months (yes 3!!) after I was complete. Then an additional 2 months until I heard back and I got accepted.

In Brodys defense, they do have the applications update tab that no other school I’m applying to does. This year, they got 17% more apps too so I bet that was not helpful lol. When you do get accepted (which I hope all of you will), they send a very comprehensive offer letter with next steps. All in all, I think Brody is slow like many other schools but the people I met- Dr. Bright especially- were more than reassuring about the program (and the price). He constantly says “no news is good news” so hold on and Good luck!!!!!

Fair enough.

There is certainly a cognitive dissonance of “no news is good news" vs SDN motto: "rejected until accepted."

I do look forward to the next Brody update, perhaps Mar 1st.

can someone tell me what time of day interviews are? it looks like on the website that they haven't modified their interview and "arrive by" times and I'm trying to figure out whether it will be better to do a morning or afternoon interview. I work nights on the days they offered an interview and I can't take off. figuring y'all will be able to tell me faster than admissions can respond

can someone tell me what time of day interviews are? it looks like on the website that they haven't modified their interview and "arrive by" times and I'm trying to figure out whether it will be better to do a morning or afternoon interview. I work nights on the days they offered an interview and I can't take off. figuring y'all will be able to tell me faster than admissions can respond
Mine started at 930am. I don’t think I had the option to pick between morning and afternoon interview though unless they have changed the way that they’re scheduling to accommodate for more interviews.

I was assigned an afternoon interview that went from 12:30-3:30 pm. I didn’t get to choose am vs pm so I don’t know if they do am or only pm! Hope this is helpful!

Does anyone know when the next interview dates are? I already interviewed so I'm trying to figure out when the next wave of acceptances are.

I understand that admissions offices all over may be having a tough time transitioning to virtual interviewing, but this is just absurd. There’s no reason you should have to pay money to be ghosted for 8+ months. Meanwhile, you could apply to a job and hear back in a quarter of the time for free.

Reactions: 5 users
I understand that admissions offices all over may be having a tough time transitioning to virtual interviewing, but this is just absurd. There’s no reason you should have to pay money to be ghosted for 8+ months. Meanwhile, you could apply to a job and hear back in a quarter of the time for free.
It is clear that more industrial and software engineers are needed at most medical schools to help out with their workflow lol

For comparison, this was from last cycle. I am getting so nervous :cryi:

As of February 15, 2020 we have:

• Received 1025 AMCAS applications (final)
  • Received 927 Supplementary applications (final)
  • Interviewed 427 applicants (final)
  • Made 95 offers
    (Generally it takes 120-135 offers to fill a class)

• Made 95 offers
This cycle is delayed quite a bit so I wouldn’t worry too much based on last year!

• Made 95 offers
No stress....everything will all work out in the end. I don’t have an A yet myself but I think it’s not a good idea stressing about something you really can’t control. We’ll be fine.

I feel like there might be a quite of bit of time probably end of this month to have 95 candidates selected so then in March an extra 20-30 candidates so we might be fine. There might be a few decisions going out this week but this is all speculation.

No stress....everything will all work out in the end. I don’t have an A yet myself but I think it’s not a good idea stressing about something you really can’t control. We’ll be fine.
This is true. Thanks! I haven't been nervous until this week. The long cycle starting to get to me I guess.

Hoping for good news for all of us 🤞

Reactions: 4 users
Are they still sending out interview invites? I have been waiting since October...

Does that mean if I don’t get an interview invite in Feb, I’m silently rejected..?
Maybe, but I think Brody will send you an official email since there have been pre-II rejection emails given before if they were to reject you.

I called Brody yesterday and it seems like they will be wrapping up interview invites and such by end of February or so.

Reactions: 5 users
If they are done interviewing at the end of month then:

1. They interviewed 304 applicants (in 2-4 months.) They will have to interview a total of 150 this month (450 in 2019 - just one data point: 2018-2019 East Carolina University Brody School of Medicine
2. They made 52 offers (in 2-4 months.) They will have to make 50-80 more offers in one month.

Someone, please tell me I am wrong...

Feb 1 2021 update:
  • Received 1208 AMCAS applications by the November 1, 2020 deadline.
  • Interviewed 304 applicants, with plans to continue interviewing virtually through February 2021.
  • Made 52 offers.

Last edited: