2020-2021 East Tennessee (Quillen)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone received any post-interview rejections recently?

Anyone else getting nervous before the 3/11 committee meeting??

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I've been nervous about the committee meetings since I got the active hold notification back in October. Still holding out hope, but not as much as I had before.

I totally forgot to mention on here, but I know that they had a scholarship application that was due March 1st! Has anyone tried to fill this out since the due date, especially if someone received an II late?

I totally forgot to mention on here, but I know that they had a scholarship application that was due March 1st! Has anyone tried to fill this out since the due date, especially if someone received an II late?
I totally forgot to fill this out and did it yesterday. Hope that’s okay ha

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else getting nervous before the 3/11 committee meeting??
You’re definitely not the only one. I interviewed last week so there’s a low chance that I’ll even be discussed but still super nervous.

I've been nervous about the committee meetings since I got the active hold notification back in October. Still holding out hope, but not as much as I had before.
+1 since my interview in November. Still hoping for good news but not realistically expecting to hear anything until closer to May

Other than Anthony Walls, was Tori Street the other admissions staff memeber that we met with for interview intros and orientation?

Good luck to everyone today. Hopefully everyone hears some good news!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
So what time do they meet so I’m not checking my phone every 30 seconds. Still gonna check every 30 seconds tho

• Haha
So what time do they meet so I’m not checking my phone every 30 seconds. Still gonna check every 30 seconds tho
looking back at past posts, it seems people heard back around 3.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got the hold email. I interviewed 2/24. What does this mean? Is it like a waitlist or something they send out if they can't make a decision till later?

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Active hold list Interviewed 1/7. Anyone know when the next committee meeting is?

• Care
I just got the hold email. I interviewed 2/24. What does this mean? Is it like a waitlist or something they send out if they can't make a decision till later?
You’ll be re-reviewed at every committee meeting until they come up with a decision. Next one is 3/25, I believe.

• Care
Active hold, is there another level above active hold at quillen aside from accepted?

• Care
Anything other that active holds today? Any A’s or R’s

Perhaps we are getting to the point in the cycle where people placed on hold are going to stay there until April/May when people with acceptances begin to commit to schools and the actual number of available seats becomes clear.

Reactions: 5 users
Not that I could tell on my application anyways. Perhaps class is full and movement won't start until May?

Interesting info to read up on (note the *as of Feb 16th*). 91 Acceptances offered compared with 114 last cycle. Incoming class averages are higher for GPA and MCAT metrics this cycle.

I feel very fortunate to have been accepted to both ETSU Quillen and UT Memphis. I am having a hard time deciding which school to attend.
From what I can tell they both have advantages. I am leaning maybe toward Memphis because I don’t think I want to practice primary care. I think it’s harder to choose this year since interviews and visits were all virtual. Wonder if anyone else is trying to decide and their thoughts? I am hoping maybe some current students can help? I posted this on the UT site as well. Thanks

I just received an email from Quillen removing me from the hold list and terminating my application from consideration. I guess they reviewed their active hold list and rejected those ranked at the bottom of the list. I'm disappointed to say the least but I wish you all the best.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
I feel very fortunate to have been accepted to both ETSU Quillen and UT Memphis. I am having a hard time deciding which school to attend.
From what I can tell they both have advantages. I am leaning maybe toward Memphis because I don’t think I want to practice primary care. I think it’s harder to choose this year since interviews and visits were all virtual. Wonder if anyone else is trying to decide and their thoughts? I am hoping maybe some current students can help? I posted this on the UT site as well. Thanks
Congrats on being accepted to both schools! I'm a student at Quillen so of course I am biased to our own school. Don't think of deciding to attend Quillen as a commitment to practice primary care. No-one who will force you into a primary care specialty. Most of my classmates will go into non-primary care fields. I'd say just ask around more, look at class sizes, look at where you'll be living. It's definitely difficult to decide though because you cant go in person and see the schools themselves.

It's an interesting coincidence that they are meeting on the same day it is suggested for applicants to narrow their acceptances to three schools.

Hey guys, those of you who sent your thank you letters to Anthony -- did you get a response? Not sure if I should follow up or not.

Hey guys, those of you who sent your thank you letters to Anthony -- did you get a response? Not sure if I should follow up or not.
i sent mine on Friday and didn't get any feedback

I was literally about to ask the same question. I sent mine a week ago and never heard anything back.

I was literally about to ask the same question. I sent mine a week ago and never heard anything back.
Strange, I also saw that there is a place to upload thank you letters on the portal, but I thought it would be overkill to upload after having sent them via email already.

Reactions: 2 users
They updated the tracker on their website! Acceptances offered to date is at 100 (last was 91)

They updated the tracker on their website! Acceptances offered to date is at 100 (last was 91)
Oh no, does that mean there are only 8 more acceptances for IS? Have they mentioned how many A's are going out this year?

Oh no, does that mean there are only 8 more acceptances for IS? Have they mentioned how many A's are going out this year?
I honestly have no clue, but I don't think the numbers will exactly match last year on acceptances offered! They could easily send out more or less depending on how April goes IMO

I
I haven’t yet. He said that they should get them after the review process. I suppose it’s so it doesn’t cause bias, but I think that is unique to them.

During our accepted students preview day, they said their goal class size is 79. I don't know what that means for how many A's will be going out.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
During our accepted students preview day, they said their goal class size is 79. I don't know what that means for how many A's will be going out.
So I wonder if this mean that they have expanded their class size this year. It usually has stayed around 72.

Last edited:
So I wonder if this mean that they have expanded their class size this year. It usually has stayed around 72.
Yes, they confirmed this during the preview day. They expanded it from 72 to 79. They also talked about how this may impact the funds that are available for scholarships etc.

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Today someone’s lucky day?

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Good luck to everyone today! Really hopeful we all get some happy news :)

Reactions: 5 users