2020-2021 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Carolinas)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback

Members don't see this ad.

Just got the secondary for this school. Essays are the same as last year. Just saw the "CV" portion which basically seems like the activities section of the primary?? honestly wtf. I don't understand why schools can't just look at your primary app for literally the exact same information.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the secondary for this school. Essays are the same as last year. Just saw the "CV" portion which basically seems like the activities section of the primary?? honestly wtf. I don't understand why schools can't just look at your primary app for literally the exact same information.

Can I ask when you were verified? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Beyond frustrating. We have to enter in our entire primary application activities section again.

Beyond frustrating. We have to enter in our entire primary application activities section again.

it says "NOT INCLUDED IN YOUR AACOMAS APP"... but what do we do if we literally included everything already haha it wont let me move on without putting something

Reactions: 1 user
it says "NOT INCLUDED IN YOUR AACOMAS APP"... but what do we do if we literally included everything already haha it wont let me move on without putting something
I was referring to the CV section not the experiences section btw

Edit: I think it allows you to not list anything new in the Experiences section as along as you fill out the top portion about healthcare volunteering!

Last edited:
Do you guys plan to list clinical experiences in the CV as well?

Do y'all know if they're sending them out in any specific order? Or are they staggering them? I was verified 6/1 and haven't heard anything yet

Received my secondary this morning 6/22. Submitted 5/26, verified 5/27. OOS, no MCAT (taking in July), 3.8 GPA.

When they want you to fill out your CV, what's the move here... copy and paste from AACOMAS or rework it?

App submitted 5/30, verified 6/2, secondary just this morning. I am scared to open it per these comments.

>Are we entering information into a text box, or do I need to make a separate document for this CV?
>Also, does the fee apply to all 4 schools if we submitted a primary for them?

Thanks for any help.

App submitted 5/30, verified 6/2, secondary just this morning. I am scared to open it per these comments.

>Are we entering information into a text box, or do I need to make a separate document for this CV?
>Also, does the fee apply to all 4 schools if we submitted a primary for them?

Thanks for any help.

Info is in drop-downs and text box, you have to input each experience separately.
Fees applies to all schools if you submit a primary, they ask you to rank the campus and if you have a strong preference.

Members don't see this ad :)
Info is in drop-downs and text box, you have to input each experience separately.
Fees applies to all schools if you submit a primary, they ask you to rank the campus and if you have a strong preference.
Thanks, you rock.

If I don't remember how fast I was going when I received a speeding ticket when I was 17 or 18, should I just leave it blank or say hey "I may or may not have a speeding ticket over 10 mph." lol

If I don't remember how fast I was going when I received a speeding ticket when I was 17 or 18, should I just leave it blank or say hey "I may or may not have a speeding ticket over 10 mph." lol
I called them and they said to do it to the best of your ability, and to be as accurate as possible. So I had to explain that I was charged with running a stop sign. I called my DMV to ask for the date and the ticket number to be as accurate as I could have been.

I called them and they said to do it to the best of your ability, and to be as accurate as possible. So I had to explain that I was charged with running a stop sign. I called my DMV to ask for the date and the ticket number to be as accurate as I could have been.

Good thing there isn't a character limit for that box :shifty: #LeadFoot

Any students at VCOM-Carolina wanna tell me the advantages of this campus compared to Alabama and Virginia? Asking so I make a good decision on the priority of the VCOM campus to select. So far my research as indicated that this is equal or slightly under the Virginia campus, but still great. Are chances of specialties possible here?

Just received an email that my primary application is pending review for a committee.. is that a bad sign? I still do not have my letters of recommendation in, my pre-med committee is holding onto them until my MCAT scores come back

Just received an email that my primary application is pending review for a committee.. is that a bad sign? I still do not have my letters of recommendation in, my pre-med committee is holding onto them until my MCAT scores come back
Can't hurt to email them and let them know what's going on. I submitted last week and received an email from them today stating I was missing a LOR, and have since emailed them but havn't heard back. Here'e the email they notified me from: [email protected]

Just got my pre-II rejection even though I'm retaking the MCAT on August 7. I'm guessing they're using my old scores to make a decision? I'm also a reapplicant too which would not work in my favor

Application was complete on 06/18/2020 FYI

Just got my pre-II rejection even though I'm retaking the MCAT on August 7. I'm guessing they're using my old scores to make a decision? I'm also a reapplicant too which would not work in my favor

Im sorry to hear man, but I am sure there is a school that is a better fit for you! Do not lose hope and crush that MCAT.

Received a secondary today but am a little confused as to why they ask you to rank all the campuses when I only applied to the Virginia and Carolina campus?

What type of traffic violations do we need to let them know about? I got a ticket for the move over law but not sure if we need to include that. Do we only include reckless driving and driving 10 mph over the speed limit?

Received a secondary today but am a little confused as to why they ask you to rank all the campuses when I only applied to the Virginia and Carolina campus?

When I emailed admissions they told me that you only need to submit a primary to one of the locations and you will be considered for a spot at all 4. Ranking allows them to know which locations you’re specifically interested in

Was your MCAT taken in the last three years? My score on file is from July 2016 (not valid this cycle but still shows up) and it is horrible. I am hoping they see I am pending an August MCAT.

Was your MCAT taken in the last three years? My score on file is from July 2016 (not valid this cycle but still shows up) and it is horrible. I am hoping they see I am pending an August MCAT.
Yea, it's from 2019 so it's still valid!

When I emailed admissions they told me that you only need to submit a primary to one of the locations and you will be considered for a spot at all 4. Ranking allows them to know which locations you’re specifically interested in

Wait so I submitted a primary to all 4? How's that gonna work?

Ughhhh. Well maybe that means I'll get looked at 4 times lol.
It seems like there are other medical schools with different campuses that have different primaries. I think VCOM is the only school where one secondary is submitted to all the campuses so don't beat yourself up too much.

Hi everyone! I don't know if anyone can answer this question, but I only put one campus down on the primary but I ranked all four campuses on my secondary. Do I have to go back and pay for the other 3 primaries? Also, after submitting my secondary I received this email: Your file has now been moved forward to the screening process. I thought the screening process happened before secondaries were sent out?

Hi everyone! I don't know if anyone can answer this question, but I only put one campus down on the primary but I ranked all four campuses on my secondary. Do I have to go back and pay for the other 3 primaries? Also, after submitting my secondary I received this email: Your file has now been moved forward to the screening process. I thought the screening process happened before secondaries were sent out?

The VCOM Virginia admissions office told me one primary is all you need to submit to be considered at all 4 campuses! No need to go back and submit the other three

Update: they said if I do significantly better on my retake, I may email the admissions committee so they can look at my app! Kinda weird they would reject me though and then be willing to look at my app again like why not just wait until I get my score to say anything?? Lol

Yeah don't do what I did... I applied to all 4 campuses... don't even care so much about the extra money, I just hope they don't think I'm an idiot who can't read directions. Although I haven't been rejected yet so maybe that means they don't think I'm too stupid

In the CV section of the secondary, can we copy-paste from AACOMAS or do we have to re-write?

Has anyone who's been placed on "hold" for preliminary review heard anything?

So I filled out my secondary and they said my application has been moved to screening about 2ish weeks ago and I haven't heard anything since.

I haven't heard anything since the initial email saying they were going to review my application to see if they wanted to send me a secondary. My sGPA is 3.18 and I think their "screen" is 3.2 but I'd heard they were lenient about that so I applied anyway... maybe I should call them to ask for a status update or something?

I haven't heard anything since the initial email saying they were going to review my application to see if they wanted to send me a secondary. My sGPA is 3.18 and I think their "screen" is 3.2 but I'd heard they were lenient about that so I applied anyway... maybe I should call them to ask for a status update or something?

Their admissions email is also very responsive and prompt if you want to try that. It was taking a couple weeks for them to process my committee letter so I emailed inquiring and within a couple hours they had responded and moved my status to complete!

Their admissions email is also very responsive and prompt if you want to try that. It was taking a couple weeks for them to process my committee letter so I emailed inquiring and within a couple hours they had responded and moved my status to complete!

I went back through my email because I had a thought: I'd emailed them asking a question about sending my MCAT score, and they didn't respond. It's been 4 days. Would double emailing them be considered unprofessional? Would I be better off calling?

My GPA is above this and I also havent recieved anything since the initial

I went back through my email because I had a thought: I'd emailed them asking a question about sending my MCAT score, and they didn't respond. It's been 4 days. Would double emailing them be considered unprofessional? Would I be better off calling?

Hmm yeah in that case I would maybe call them since you already tried emailing

Anyone having issues with filling out the Experiences portion of the secondary? It keeps saying that the Experiences section is incomplete when it isn't.

Anyone having issues with filling out the Experiences portion of the secondary? It keeps saying that the Experiences section is incomplete when it isn't.
I think none of it can be blank, so I put "N/A" in the columns were I had nothing to add and it worked fo rme.

When can we expect IIs? I saw last year they were going out around now but I guess things are delayed

Hi everyone, so I submitted my secondary and everything is checked off as complete on my portal. However, I received an email saying my app has been moved for screening after submitting my secondary and I'm not sure if this means if my application is complete or not. Has anyone who submitted secondaries gotten an email that says they're complete?