2020-2021 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Carolinas)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted!! Interviewed 1/25. 😁

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all! If you get an interview from this campus does that mean you’re not considered for the Virginia campus anymore even though it was your #1 preference?

Nice! Congrats !! Did the admission office just give you a call to tell you that you’re accepted ?
Thanks! Yes, I received a phone call. I believe they also sent an acceptance email around the same time.

Hi all! If you get an interview from this campus does that mean you’re not considered for the Virginia campus anymore even though it was your #1 preference?

You can only interview at one campus, so at the moment you are no longer being considered for Virginia. You could always withdraw and request to be reconsidered for VA, but it sounds like the VA campus is actually full so I wouldn't recommend it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Last night at the parents VCOM event my parents said VCOM-Carolinas dean said they just signed a deal with the Cleveland Clinic for Third and Fourth year rotations as a new core rotation site...can anyone else confirm this!?!?!
I watched him say the same thing, though I cannot find any information online or on the website regarding this.

Was accepted sometime last week off of the waitlist.

I have to say, I am really impressed by this school so far. They seem to be good people, and the students seem really happy. The facilities are beautiful, too.

Reactions: 2 users
Was accepted sometime last week off of the waitlist.

I have to say, I am really impressed by this school so far. They seem to be good people, and the students seem really happy. The facilities are beautiful, too.
Congrats! We may be potential classmates!

Hey guys, I really liked this school. I was waitlisted late November and I was told there is no ranking. I’ve seen people interview after me , get waitlisted, and then get accepted and now I’m losing hope 😭

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys, I really liked this school. I was waitlisted late November and I was told there is no ranking. I’ve seen people interview after me , get waitlisted, and then get accepted and now I’m losing hope 😭
Can I ask what your stats are? Also I don’t think it would hurt to just call then and check on that as they told us on the interview day to call if you want to check your status on the waitlist.

Stay positive. I know this would be extremely tough, but I believe that everything happens for a reason and you will end up where you are supposed to be. Godspeed.

I watched him say the same thing, though I cannot find any information online or on the website regarding this.
I think it’s in this article

Keep your head up, you were waitlisted not rejected. It'll work out :)

Just got the secondary after many months of silence, should I even bother this late?

Just got the secondary after many months of silence, should I even bother this late?
I got one last Thursday too after months of silence. I’m going for it ! Hopefully this leads to great things for the both of us .

Is it too late to apply to this school?
Their application cycle closes in a few days, but you are quite behind the admission schedule for optimizing success. There's always a chance though. Goodluck!

Their application cycle closes in a few days, but you are quite behind the admission schedule for optimizing success. There's always a chance though. Goodluck!
Can you tell me what day it closes ?

I just received an interview today!

Reactions: 2 users
I'm not sure if this was asked before. But is the waitlist ranked?
I was told that it is a ranked waitlist, but I believe other people have been told that it’s not a ranked waitlist. If you’ve been waitlisted, the admissions committee is really nice and you could call and ask them for clarification!

I was told that it is a ranked waitlist, but I believe other people have been told that it’s not a ranked waitlist. If you’ve been waitlisted, the admissions committee is really nice and you could call and ask them for clarification!
How would an unranked waitlist work?

Edward Via just sent me a secondary. Is it worth doing or is it throwing away money at this point?

Yea, I’ve heard it’s ranked but on interview day, we were told it’s not a ranked list. So I’m confused

Yea, I’ve heard it’s ranked but on interview day, we were told it’s not a ranked list. So I’m confused
I emailed asking about my status on the waitlist on Tuesday and the response I received was “my status was still waitlist.” I would think it’d have to be ranked in some capacity but they didn’t communicate that with me.

I emailed asking about my status on the waitlist on Tuesday and the response I received was “my status was still waitlist.” I would think it’d have to be ranked in some capacity but they didn’t communicate that with me.
When was you put on waitlist if you don’t mind me asking and when was the interview ? I checked the Facebook page and the class is at 111 now and it makes me nervous 🥲

When was you put on waitlist if you don’t mind me asking and when was the interview ? I checked the Facebook page and the class is at 111 now and it makes me nervous 🥲
I interviewed at the beginning of November and was waitlisted sometime in December. The email also said they’ll have their most movement during Spring.

Do you list traffic violations from 3-4 years ago even if they are off your driving record now?

Do you list traffic violations from 3-4 years ago even if they are off your driving record now?
I would contact the school to see what they suggest. It would not be good if you did not indicate it and then it shows up on your background check.

Can any current students chime in about the school? How receptive are faculty to student concerns? Is there allotted time for board studying? Is USMLE encouraged?

was accepted here and just received an NSU KPCOM interview. As a FL resident its closer to home, but as a FL resident I also don't really like the area/people there

I withdrew my acceptance on Friday so hopefully someone gets pulled off the waitlist!! Best of luck to you all!

Well. Sent in my secondary.

How many more months are interviews going to be still running? I'm not picky about campus location - I would love an opportunity to get into the school in general.