2020-2021 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Louisiana)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Interview feedback:

Good luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Sent out my secondary yesterday. Hope everyone has good luck this cycle!

Reactions: 1 user
Incoming First year medical student, let me know if you have any questions!

Members don't see this ad :)
Any first year students here wanna say anything about welcome week? Did everything go smoothly?

Hello, I am a second year student at VCOM-Auburn. While it may not be Louisiana, I can do my very best to answer all your application and general VCOM questions if needed.

Hello, I am a second year student at VCOM-Auburn. While it may not be Louisiana, I can do my very best to answer all your application and general VCOM questions if needed.
Are lectures broadcasted to each campus or does each campus have their professors teach?

Are lectures broadcasted to each campus or does each campus have their professors teach?
Each campus is equipped with professors to teach each class assigned. However, if you do not like the professor or the way that they teach, we have "VCOMTV" which allows us to access any campus, any professor, and any lecture recording (all lectures are recorded).

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

Was Auburn your first choice ranked campus? Also, I was told you are assigned to one campus for an interview by the admissions office. Is that the one you will be admitted to, should you be accepted?

Was Auburn your first choice ranked campus? Also, I was told you are assigned to one campus for an interview by the admissions office. Is that the one you will be admitted to, should you be accepted?
Auburn was my first ranked choice.
What happens is that when you get a secondary, you fill it out, and one of the questions asks you to rank your campus preference 1-4 or select “don’t care.” Then Vcom looks at your preference compared to where you live and the amount of applications at the location, and then assigns you a location. From there, you’re being considered only at that location for interview and acceptance. However, if for some reason you absolutely hate where you’ve been placed, there is a process to ask to be moved again.

What happens is that when you get a secondary, you fill it out, and one of the questions asks you to rank your campus preference 1-4 or select “don’t care.” Then Vcom looks at your preference compared to where you live and the amount of applications at the location, and then assigns you a location. From there, you’re being considered only at that location for interview and acceptance. However, if for some reason you absolutely hate where you’ve been placed, there is a process to ask to be moved again.
Do you feel like any campuses have a disadvantage towards the other?

Thank you for this info!

Personally, no. But there might be some advantages / disadvantages in rotations. I think Virginia campus rotations have more residencies attached to them, but really that isn't anything crazy

So I was looking at my profile for VCOM and a new interview tab appeared. Could mean they’ll be sending out II’s soon!

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So I was looking at my profile for VCOM and a new interview tab appeared. Could mean they’ll be sending out II’s soon!
Where did you find this tab? Across the top or under status? (nothing here yet...sigh, i'm legit super interested in vcom virginia!)

Are the secondaries for VCOM the same for each campus? Trying to pre-write rn!

Are the secondaries for VCOM the same for each campus? Trying to pre-write rn!

You get 1 secondary for all 4 campuses and rank them on the secondary
You only need to submit a primary to one of the 4 campuses to be considered at all 4

Where did you find this tab? Across the top or under status? (nothing here yet...sigh, i'm legit super interested in vcom virginia!)
Yeah the interview tab was right next to the status tab.

Hey everyone! Y’all should check your profile because I received an II as well without an email notification!

Hello fellow posters,

I am a current OMS1 at the Louisiana campus who will be happy to field any campus specific questions.

Personally, no. But there might be some advantages / disadvantages in rotations. I think Virginia campus rotations have more residencies attached to them, but really that isn't anything crazy
Building off of the above response from Rogue42, the Louisiana campus is still in the process of adding additional rotation partnerships since this is the first year we are open, but a decent number of partnerships have already been established, and rotation sites in the area are eager for VCOM students.

One difference between Auburn and Louisiana campus I encountered during my application cycle last year is the Louisiana campus offers on-campus housing in partnership with ULM, whereas the Auburn OMS1 students I spoke with last year said this is not currently an option at Auburn.

II!! OOS applicant, super excited :)

Still waiting on a secondary. Anyone mind sharing MCAT/GPAs?

For the secondary application where it requires us to fill out the CV section do the inputs have to be in chronological order or not really? Thank.s

For the secondary application where it requires us to fill out the CV section do the inputs have to be in chronological order or not really? Thank.s
I did my best to make them chronological entries, because the purpose of the CV I think is to look for gaps in education and they want to know what you were doing with your time instead. I know a couple of my entries weren't in order--because I didn't realize until after that they don't automatically arrange by date. But who knows!

Does anyone know the interview format? I know we have 3 x 30 min interviews, but what else?

Accepted!!! Got a call this morning. So excited!!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Accepted this morning! Interviewed 9/10.
OOS, 3.6 cGPA, 3.58 sGPA, 511 MCAT

• Love
I got the call this morning as well!
IS / MCAT: 500 / cGPA: 3.79 / sGPA: 3.6

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Hello fellow posters,

I am a current OMS1 at the Louisiana campus who will be happy to field any campus specific questions.
Would it be possible to pm you with some questions to help make my decision?

Are we supposed to receive a complete email in addition to being marked complete in the portal?