2020-2021 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Virginia)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II for the Carolina's Campus but this was not my first choice. Anyone know if I can appeal and get an interview to the Virginia campus? Thanks!

II for the Carolina's Campus but this was not my first choice. Anyone know if I can appeal and get an interview to the Virginia campus? Thanks!
You can appeal at the cost of withdrawing Carolinas. Would caution you the Virginia class is full so think on it carefully.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have applied this cycle and it is still under review. My stats are average. As a safety net, if I apply to master program, do I am loosing my chance to consider this cycle?
are they just that behind do you think? I'm still waiting on my secondary and I submitted in Novemeber.

are they just that behind do you think? I'm still waiting on my secondary and I submitted in Novemeber.
I have applied this cycle and it is still under review. My stats are average. As a safety net, if I apply to master program, do I am loosing my chance to consider this cycle?
I know their class has been “full” for quite some time. I havent seen anyone get interviews lately so I wonder if they paused reviewing. If you want to apply I’d say go for it. I know a lot of people who did it and ended up matriculating at VCOM after. It shouldn’t affect your decision! They are having an info session soon about it you could ask them there!

Is lecture attendance mandatory at VCOM (before COVID)?

All I can say to the last few posts is this
F2F7200B-AD64-4000-997C-E399DF1A6DA0.png

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
I received an II a few days ago. I really hope they aren't full because they are my first choice after checking out other schools

Last edited:
Hey everyone! I just wanted to provide an update on SDN. I received a phone call from VCOM on Friday and they basically said "our class is full, but we like your application so would you be willing to do our master's program." Just an update for people that are waiting, they seem to be trying to hold onto applicants even though there is not much room for more interviews. During the call they also mentioned they are seeing more 3.7 GPAs instead of their typical 3.5 average, which has added more competitiveness.

anyone hear anything lately? I sent an update and they said it would be added to my file for when they meet to consider the application... but nothing specific.

Lol I just got a secondary. I submitted back in July. I'm surprised they're still sending out secondaries if their class is full already.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview invite earlier this week, the only options were for next week

I got an interview invite earlier this week, the only options were for next week
if you accept it please let us know what they say about reviewing applications / decision timeline. Good luck!

if you accept it please let us know what they say about reviewing applications / decision timeline. Good luck!
They just said 3-4 weeks and that their class is currently full so it will be just waitlists/rejections

• Care
Interviewed 2/9. Received waitlist email today (2/25), which was expected since they explicitly stated that their class was full prior to my interview

I have been lurking on sdn this whole application cycle but never post. Just to let you guys know they must have started waitlist movement. I just got a call this morning that I was taken off of the waitlist and given an offer. I interview on 12/7 and was put on the waitlist on 1/8. I am a really big fan of this school, but I already accepted an offer at CUSOM. I am most likely going to decline the offer.

Reactions: 4 users
II here today (complete Nov 2). Going to decline the offer, hope it goes to one of y'all! Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Got the acceptance care package today!

Reactions: 1 users
is the South Carolina campus/auburn campus specific for students in those areas of living? i put in my first choice as the Virginia campus, but as i applied late and the campus is already full, I wanted to write an interest letter for one of the other campuses!

Hey all, I just got an II yesterday (3/4) and my interview is scheduled for March 24. If anyone could provide some insight on to how the interview goes that would be lovely. Best of luck to all.

is the South Carolina campus/auburn campus specific for students in those areas of living? i put in my first choice as the Virginia campus, but as i applied late and the campus is already full, I wanted to write an interest letter for one of the other campuses!
just email admissions and say you want to be considered at them. this will forfeit your app to Virginia.

Hey all, I just got an II yesterday (3/4) and my interview is scheduled for March 24. If anyone could provide some insight on to how the interview goes that would be lovely. Best of luck to all.
it is open file, they asked some specific questions about my essay and extracurriculars but it points back to why DO, why VCOM, why primary care - or at least you should be able to tie it back to that.

So does anyone know if the class is full; trying to keep my expectations grounded before my interview

So does anyone know if the class is full; trying to keep my expectations grounded before my interview
It is, they told us such during the 11/20 interview that we would be waitlisted or rejected. Got my acceptance call a week ago today.

Got in off the waitlist on Tuesday! I'm committed to another school though, so I will be turning the offer down.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know approximately how many people they pull from the waitlist? I know this year is different but like a rough estimate from the past few years?

does anyone have any info about what lectures will look like for the incoming class? Will lectures still be mandatory? I know the past year they were not

Withdrawing my A, good luck everyone!

How long does it take on average for people to hear? They said 3-4 weeks in my interview but it seems longer. My interview was last week

I interviewed almost 8 weeks ago and haven’t anything even after reaching out. Anyone else?

Waitlisted last week and was wondering if anyone knows of movement of the waitlist... really love the school and want to go there

has this school experienced any waitlist movement yet?? waiting to here but with the class being full, I am assuming a WL spot.
Interviewed early February, waitlisted 2/25, accepted first week of April. Hope this helps and that you get that acceptance soon!

• Love
Thank you!! This helps for sure. Congrats on the acceptance! Did you know your place on the waitlist before acceptance ? Hoping there continues to be movement
Thanks! I got an email that I was at the top of the waitlist but didn’t get an exact number

pre-II R. Surprised because my stats were competitive. LM 70 IS URM. Submitted in October. Will be heading to top choice school. Good luck to everyone on WL!!

I reached out to admissions and they expect a lot of movement from May 15 till early June

Thanks for the info! did you ask for your rank/place on the waitlist?
I did not ask recently but when I was waitlisted I reached out and was told my application was viewed favorably. I feel like they say that to a lot of applicants so I'm not sure how helpful that is.

Just withdrew my acceptance here after getting in off the WL somewhere else! Hope it goes to one of you! I was in-state :) good luck!

Anyone on the waitlist get the VCOM campus tours email just now?

Last edited:
withdrawing my A, GL everyone!

If you are accepted to the Louisiana campus is it possible to transfer to the Virginia campus? I called admissions and they gave me the director's email but I am scared to email and ask her because I do not want to lose my acceptance and seem uninterested.

I can't answer to whether or not you can change campuses as I did not apply here. However, I wanted to ease your concerns that no medical school will rescind an acceptance for you asking questions like this. For anyone to have an acceptance rescinded, they would have to do something egregious (blatantly lie on application, get caught saying problematic things on social media, commit some crime post acceptance). Feel free to ask them.
Ok this made me feel better I will ask them. Thank you so much!!