2020-2021 Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine (ICOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Wow it’s been that long, that’s when I got mine too

I know right! My stats are not very competitive so I figured it would be awhile before I got the link to schedule, anyways I got too antsy last week and emailed Ellie and I got the interview schedule link the next day

I know right! My stats are not very competitive so I figured it would be awhile before I got the link to schedule, anyways I got too antsy last week and emailed Ellie and I got the interview schedule link the next day

Do you mind me asking your stats, OOS/IS, etc?

complete email today. fingers crossed for that II!

Reactions: 2 users
Right. I’m just worried that if it does continue to be private, which they said it shouldn’t, that may hinder me from attending due to having a family that will be coming with me. While I understand the loans are strictly for the student, i feel that 18000 is just so little compared to the 29-39000 from other schools.
Unfortunately, all DO and MD schools are subject to the same federal lending. You can only borrow up to the COA for your school and no more - you cannot even get private loans or parent loans over the COA for your school. Even if you get scholarships, this will still count against the total you can actually borrow. No matter the school you attend, you will only have about $18k-$22k over your tuition/fees left over for living expenses depending on the location of the school (CA is on the high end for cost of living, so they are on the COA higher end). The federal government feels that this is enough to cover your expenses and it is non-negotiable. I agree that it is not, but it is what it is. Example - School's COA is $82,000. Tuition and fees will come to about $63k, so you will have $19k for the entire year for your living expenses. They will not give you more because you have a spouse/children to support. If you get a $20k scholarship, you will only be able to borrow up to $62k for that school. I believe the military and underserved scholarship program will not count against the COA loan total, so you may want to look into those programs. The best thing to do is to call the finance aid office of the school you want to attend and ask for clarification. Most students will truly be "starving students" by the end of the four years.

Reactions: 1 user
Does ICOM screen secondaries for min MCAT does anyone know? Their website is vague

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes they do. 123 is the minimum but we have found they may be flexible on this.
Ok thanks! What do you mean theyre flexible? Do I have to contact them? Do you know if they look at highest score if I took it more than once? Thanks!

Ok thanks! What do you mean theyre flexible? Do I have to contact them? Do you know if they look at highest score if I took it more than once? Thanks!

Im not sure. There has been people accepted with lower than 123 scores I believe. I would reach out to the school.

Reactions: 1 users
ICOM is super flexible with the whole mcat and gpa thing tbh.

ICOM is super flexible with the whole mcat and gpa thing tbh.
With it being a newer school I would think so.. but wasnt sure. Maybe ill reach out to them. I have a high gpa but low mcat. Thanks!

They are very flexible, just reach out to admissions

With it being a newer school I would think so.. but wasnt sure. Maybe ill reach out to them. I have a high gpa but low mcat. Thanks!

They're definitely one of the newer schools with a higher average MCAT

• Sad
If anyone's going to drop an earlier interview spot, please do let me know, appreciate it big time.

If anyone's going to drop an earlier interview spot, please do let me know, appreciate it big time.
I would keep checking the link to schedule. I checked it periodically and one day I logged on to check and there was a spot for the following interview day!

Got my II after asking Ellie if I had been forgotten about. Since she rocks, she responded really quickly and I got my II one business day after (there's a separate person in charge of the IIs). Dates are filled until middle January, but I saw a bunch of empty dates for mid and late January, so I hope you guys get your IIs soon!

Submitted my secondary 9/15 and got my II today! Earliest date available was 1/20/2021

I was able to schedule an interview in January. They are interviewing about 90 applicants per month. Congrats to all who got accepted.

Do we email the admissions office if we wish to decline an acceptance? I don't see a protocol on it in any of the acceptance emails or on their website.

Do we email the admissions office if we wish to decline an acceptance? I don't see a protocol on it in any of the acceptance emails or on their website.
“If you would like clarification, are aware of missing item(s) and waiting on more materials, or are no longer interested in pursuing our program please email us at [email protected].”

Hi friends! Question for you all— I’ve been considering ICOM for awhile but afraid to bite the bullet due to how new the school is. What are you’d thoughts? Do you anticipate any issues with paying tuition or rotation sites for clinicals? And most importantly, is it too late to submit my secondary?

Hi friends! Question for you all— I’ve been considering ICOM for awhile but afraid to bite the bullet due to how new the school is. What are you’d thoughts? Do you anticipate any issues with paying tuition or rotation sites for clinicals? And most importantly, is it too late to submit my secondary?

Nope the school has done a fantastic job. Also during the info session they were very transparent!!!

MCAT scores sent last Friday. Secondary email today. Will submit it today.

any thoughts on when I may expect a response

Sorry if this has been answered, this thread moves fast!

If I want to try and get an earlier interview slot, should I just refresh the interview page every day and hope for an availability to pop up?

If I want to try and get an earlier interview slot, should I just refresh the interview page every day and hope for an availability to pop up?
Yes! That’s what I did and I got an earlier spot!

Yes

Hey guys, this is my first post on Sdn. Interviewing here 11/17 and was hoping I could get some advice and help from anyone tht has already interviewed here or any M1/M2 students. Please pm me if you can help. Thanks and good luck to everyone this cycle!