2020-2021 Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine (ICOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I will be withdrawing my acceptance. I was super excited for this school, however I was accepted to a school closer to my hometown and right now that is what I and my family need.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thinking of submitting an app here.

sGPA 2.39
cGPA 2.35
SMP 3.68
MCAT 501
MASSIVE upward trend over 80 credits
15 year paramedic/40k HCE hours
Strong LOR
OOS

Thoughts?
Do it, this school seems to love people who care about the school and mission.

Reactions: 1 user

sGPA 2.39
cGPA 2.35
SMP 3.68
MCAT 501
Strong LOR
OOS

Thoughts?

Shoot your shot! They seem super focused on really looking at applicants holistically.

Withdrew my A here for a warmer climate! Good luck guys!:biglove:

My first II this cycle!!! I’m a third time applicant so this brought me tears of joy :soexcited:

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey ICOM folk, just wanted to remind you to continue to check your SignUp every day for interview spots that open up earlier than the date you signed up for! This will happen with every round of acceptances that go out from other schools. I just looked and was able to sign up a date 1 week earlier than my original (so my spot for 12/14 is open now). Just a heads up, good luck!

Reactions: 4 users

sGPA 2.39
cGPA 2.35
SMP 3.68
MCAT 501
Strong LOR
OOS

Thoughts?
To add onto everyone's encouragement: 100% do it. Look at your upward trend, look at your commitment to medicine, LORs, etc. Truly let this show in your app, personal statement, and interview. Rooting for you!

Accepted! Interviewed 10/20. From the area (Boise) 516 MCAT, 3.96 GPA, 3000+hours patient exposure

Attachments

• 279787F1-9856-49F2-8C4E-C7F3D99672D6.jpeg
    279787F1-9856-49F2-8C4E-C7F3D99672D6.jpeg
    173.4 KB · Views: 114
Im sure you guys already got this information but it was just officially announced at our school that with 148/150 scores reported, we had a 93.2% first pass rate.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
withdrew my acceptance this morning, will be unfollowing this thread now, good luck to all of you! :)

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Im sure you guys already got this information but it was just officially announced at our school that with 148/150 scores reported, we had a 93.2% first pass rate.

I heard from an inside birdie it’a a 99 percent second time too. So that’s fantastic.

I heard from an inside birdie it’a a 99 percent second time too. So that’s fantastic.

Yea I heard it was 100 second time. The numbers seem great! All who attend will obviously receive an awesome education.

Reactions: 1 users
I miss you guys, I just got attacked on reddit lol. Never in my wildest dreams did I think SDN would be the nicer place to hang out...

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Who do I need to hurt

Aww thanks. I won't name names. Was just venting on there about imposter syndrome from people I work with as an EMT cause I was hoping someone else might relate/have advice, and someone was like "admitted-MD + imposter system uh by felicia" and basically told me my feelings weren't valid and I was humble bragging. Meanwhile I actually do have anxiety and may or may not have been crying a little on my way home from work so that comment was very not appreciated...

• Care
  • Sad
I also started a fight on Reddit over DO bias, Reddit sucks.

OH MY GOD THERE'S some guy on there who posted about having some crazy GPA I think 3.8+ and "only" high-teens MCAT (I wanna say 517+) and wanted to know if he should retake to get 520+ because he was worried about "having to go DO." Well, you can imagine how that post worked out for him. Wish he didn't delete the post because the comments were actually kind of comical.

OH MY GOD THERE'S some guy on there who posted about having some crazy GPA I think 3.8+ and "only" high-teens MCAT (I wanna say 517+) and wanted to know if he should retake to get 520+ because he was worried about "having to go DO." Well, you can imagine how that post worked out for him. Wish he didn't delete the post because the comments were actually kind of comical.

I'm glad those people won't be doctors hopefully

If y'all wanna go look at people making a fool of themselves on reddit, find me at u/voppp and then you can watch me argue

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
withdrew my acceptance this morning, will be unfollowing this thread now, good luck to all of you! :)
Any tips on the interview process? I am really interested in ICOM but my interview isn't till January

Any tips on the interview process? I am really interested in ICOM but my interview isn't till January
To not break NDA i'm gonna be vague about my advice haha, so what I'm about to say can really be applied to all interviews. Truthfully, I don't even remember the specific questions that they asked me.
Be sure to know your application really well, especially what the weaknesses are, and how to talk about them in a way that actually makes you stand out/shine as an applicant. For example, I have an academic red flag on my application, and I really practiced how to reassure my interviewers that I am confident in my ability to succeed in medical school. Also, I felt the interviewers did a really good job at throwing in relaxed questions here and there, which made me feel more comfortable and made it easier to be myself. Of the interviews I attended, this was one of the very few where I felt I was really able to let my personality come through due to the way that the interviewers led the session.

How did it take any recently submitted peeps to get a secondary? I’m on 2 weeks now since the received primary email wondering if I should reach out

How did it take any recently submitted peeps to get a secondary? I’m on 2 weeks now since the received primary email wondering if I should reach out

It took me 2.5 weeks to get a Secondary back in July. I wouldn't worry too much, but they are pretty receptive to emails if too much more time goes by!

Oh boy the bias against DO... @voppp @let-me-take-my-mcat Did you peeps see the Figs commercial on stigmatizing female providers and DOs? BrAiNDeAD MaRKeTiNg TEaM:eyebrow:

I saw the post and the picture, yeah. Nuts. I've been toying around with the idea of buying a pair of scrubs, but now I definitely know where I'm not buying them from. Although I do like to give people the benefit of doubt in that perhaps there wasn't any ill intent, just nobody.. thought their plan through well enough in terms of how it could be construed.

Reactions: 2 users
I saw the post and the picture, yeah. Nuts. I've been toying around with the idea of buying a pair of scrubs, but now I definitely know where I'm not buying them from. Although I do like to give people the benefit of doubt in that perhaps there wasn't any ill intent, just nobody.. thought their plan through well enough in terms of how it could be construed.
I unfollowed them lol

does anyone know if ICOM has an online store to get merch?

Yes, I bought stuff already. Got it from another student who goes there. However, Ellie said stuff would be sent out end of this month

I got the email that my primary had been received the second week of October, but have to yet to hear back/receive the secondary. Any opinions about this? I know they say it takes 2-4 weeks but just curious since it seems people got it quicker.