2020-2021 Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine (ICOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got the email that my primary had been received the second week of October, but have to yet to hear back/receive the secondary. Any opinions about this? I know they say it takes 2-4 weeks but just curious since it seems people got it quicker.
I got that email on 10/8. And received a response from adcom that my app is still in queue to be processed, which will happen soon, hopefully.

Members don't see this ad.

After interviewing, how long till we typically hear back from admissions with a decision?

Members don't see this ad :)
Super organized interview day. Staff were very inspirational and friendly. Interview itself was chill. They send out A's every Friday. Would like to have heard more about rotations but overall impressed by school and sad that I was not able to see the Boise/Meridian area. Maybe a road trip!

I'm sure this has been addressed in one of the 30 pages of this thread, but how soon after submitting secondaries have you guys and girls received an interview invite?

I'm sure this has been addressed in one of the 30 pages of this thread, but how soon after submitting secondaries have you guys and girls received an interview invite?

I got my interview invite a few hours after submitting my secondary...

Getting invited to schedule my interview on the other hand took about 2 months...............

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I got my interview invite a few hours after submitting my secondary...

Getting invited to schedule my interview on the other hand took about 2 months...............
This.. is wild. As I read this, first I was happy, then I was sad lol. Thank you for your response. Side question, what was the word count on your essays? I believe it is not listed in the secondary invite.

This.. is wild. As I read this, first I was happy, then I was sad lol. Thank you for your response. Side question, what was the word count on your essays? I believe it is not listed in the secondary invite.

A caveat: They seem to be very receptive to emails. If you're very excited about this school, emailing them and asking for updates if a few weeks go by without being scheduled has been very successful for others in this thread. I actually was only able to schedule after I emailed. I have no idea whether they are trying to gauge interest or not, YMMV.

My secondaries were 2,100 and 1,700 characters respectively. I wouldn't worry very much about characters though :)

A caveat: They seem to be very receptive to emails. If you're very excited about this school, emailing them and asking for updates if a few weeks go by without being scheduled has been very successful for others in this thread. I actually was only able to schedule after I emailed. I have no idea whether they are trying to gauge interest or not, YMMV.

My secondaries were 2,100 and 1,700 characters respectively. I wouldn't worry very much about characters though :)
Thank you very much! I did notice that they are receptive to emails as I have contacted them regarding an issue wihch they addressed and fulfilled so that is promising.
Thank you for your help, and good luck with your top choice if you haven't gotten it already!

• Love
Anyone who has already interviewed here have any tips?

About two and a half hours. But then I couldn't schedule my interview for two and half MONTHS after receiving the invite. Ended up withdrawing (which may or may not have had anything to do with being called "non-competitive" by admissions lol).

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
About two and a half hours. But then I couldn't schedule my interview for two and half MONTHS after receiving the invite. Ended up withdrawing (which may or may not have had anything to do with being called "non-competitive" by admissions lol).
That non-competitive thing had me rolling. I got 15 interview invites and 7 acceptances lmaoooo.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
For those that interviewed already, was it close file or open file?

Well friends, it’s been a great ride and I’ve enjoyed talking with all of you but I’ll be withdrawing my interview here. ICOM class of 2025 is gonna be a killer one though

Reactions: 4 users
That non-competitive thing had me rolling. I got 15 interview invites and 7 acceptances lmaoooo.

Yeah, them calling YOU of all people (not even just your awesome stats, but you're literally perfect for ICOM in every possible way) non-competitive was wild. I truly believe they thought that was the best way to explain how they were stratifying applicants even though they weren't actually sorting by competitiveness because clearly they weren't.

• Haha
Yeah, them calling YOU of all people (not even just your awesome stats, but you're literally perfect for ICOM in every possible way) non-competitive was wild. I truly believe they thought that was the best way to explain how they were stratifying applicants even though they weren't actually sorting by competitiveness because clearly they weren't.
They were just doing their best to organize people I think haha

Odd enough I did not get that email, and I truly am uncompetitive. And I got to schedule my interview a week after the email. I think it was merely their word choice that could have caused issues, it was not directly against you guys. Just relax a little, don't be neurotic, and think of it objectively: Why would they send the email to many people who otherwise have rather good stats and multiple acceptances?

Oh I'm not faulting them, and I'm not actually bitter or anything. Just really amused. The staff/faculty/admin all seem like really great people, I've always had great interactions with them, I just really want to know who thought wording it the way they did was a good idea because, in hindsight, it really is just funny (though I can speak to everyone's feelings about the whole thing).

Oh I'm not faulting them, and I'm not actually bitter or anything. Just really amused. The staff/faculty/admin all seem like really great people, I've always had great interactions with them, I just really want to know who thought wording it the way they did was a good idea because, in hindsight, it really is just funny (though I can speak to everyone's feelings about the whole thing).
Lol you should have asked them. Indeed if I was in charge of drafting a please wait email I would not have worded it that way but it is funny.

• Haha
Hey y'all a bunch of earlier slots in Jan just opened up if you are supposed to interview later!

Hello, did anyone get a mail after interview saying they tabled ur application until current postbacc grades are received.

Got that acceptance call earlier today! Interviewed Monday 11/2! Will actually be denying my acceptance for another preference, so sending good vibes to anyone on the waitlist to take my spot and wishing best of luck to everyone with the cycle! :)

Got that acceptance call earlier today! Interviewed Monday 11/2! Will actually be denying my acceptance for another preference, so sending good vibes to anyone on the waitlist to take my spot and wishing best of luck to everyone with the cycle! :)
Mind sharing some intel on how the interview went? Super nervous for mine

I'll be honest, my interview resulted in me losing connection halfway thru, being unable to hear them for 2 questions and then essentially flunking 2 more and I got in.

• Haha
For those who got waitlisted here, did you guys get an email stating what position (regular or high) waitlist you are placed under after confirming you wanted to be on the waitlist?

My interview was very positive and conversational over all! Both my interviewers clearly read over my application pretty thoroughly and my experiences and academics tended to drive the conversation and leading to follow up questions that really ended up taking up most of the time. Nothing super crazy or difficult to answer, they just seemed to want to get to know me and my motivations for becoming a physician! I wouldn't stress too much! Good luck with you interview I'm sure it will go great! :thumbup:

For those who got waitlisted here, did you guys get an email stating what position (regular or high) waitlist you are placed under after confirming you wanted to be on the waitlist?
They said they don’t rank the waitlist until they finish interviewing (around Spring), but once they do you will find out where you rank!

For those who already interviewed, when do we get the webex link from Rachael to be able to sign in to our interview for interview day?

I'll be honest, my interview resulted in me losing connection halfway thru, being unable to hear them for 2 questions and then essentially flunking 2 more and I got in.
[/QU
My interview was very positive and conversational over all! Both my interviewers clearly read over my application pretty thoroughly and my experiences and academics tended to drive the conversation and leading to follow up questions that really ended up taking up most of the time. Nothing super crazy or difficult to answer, they just seemed to want to get to know me and my motivations for becoming a physician! I wouldn't stress too much! Good luck with you interview I'm sure it will go great! :thumbup:
Were the questions timed?

Same except I interview Monday! I’m so nervous

just was looking at interview sign ups and saw there was a spot open for 12/15 if anyone was trying to move up to an earlier date

Interivewed 11/02. Was initially waitlisted , but just got the acceptance call!!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users