2020-2021 Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine (ICOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What's the post-interview acceptance rate? I just finished my interview and it was so relaxed and conversational. Had a few good laughs during the interview. It really was a good time :)

Members don't see this ad.

What's the post-interview acceptance rate? I just finished my interview and it was so relaxed and conversational. Had a few good laughs during the interview. It really was a good time :)
Not sure. It's bound to be lower this time because of how many they're interviewing.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else interviewing tomorrow? The nerves are starting to kick in but im also hoping the interview is as relaxed and chill as everyone has been saying

Members don't see this ad :)
I was waitlisted for the interview. Is anyone else in this situation? If so, have you heard anything regarding when they would be scheduling you for an interview?

Not sure. It's bound to be lower this time because of how many they're interviewing.
Gotcha ty! Also I know you interviewed pretty early, but do you know if ICOM has actually rejected anyone post-interview yet or are they just putting people on the waitlist if you don't get the acceptance? Hoping for good news this Friday so I can join you in the class of 2025

How long after secondaries are II invites? I know some got them almost immediately.

Gotcha ty! Also I know you interviewed pretty early, but do you know if ICOM has actually rejected anyone post-interview yet or are they just putting people on the waitlist if you don't get the acceptance? Hoping for good news this Friday so I can join you in the class of 2025
Following this, I don't know if anyone has been hard rejected from post-interview. That will make being waitlisted very hard to get in assuming 1/4 of the interviewees get accepted and the rest waitlisted.

Often people don't tend to tell us when they get post-II R'd. I tended to be open and honest with my cycle as to give others encouragement or advice but I think trippin got WL'd and so did Jeanne

Any tips on the interview?

Know the school, know why you'd go and stay in Idaho. Specifically why you'd STAY there. Idaho is 49th per capita in the nation for primary care. You need to be certain you'd want to stay there. They will see right thru you if you BS that answer. Otherwise, be chill.

Know the school, know why you'd go and stay in Idaho. Specifically why you'd STAY there. Idaho is 49th per capita in the nation for primary care. You need to be certain you'd want to stay there. They will see right thru you if you BS that answer. Otherwise, be chill.
Awesome! I’m feeling good then. We live in Idaho.
Thanks for the heads up.

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome! I’m feeling good then. We live in Idaho.
Thanks for the heads up.
That’s gonna be a huge benefit to you! I have all my family in Idaho but I’m an easterner for other reasons so I totally simped and was gushing about how much I loved Idaho in my secondaries. They never even asked me about it in the interview. That or why ICOM never came up for me.

Do you guys think it's too late to send in my primary app? OOS, sub-500, 2000+ clinical hours, 1000+ research hours, 1 publication. My chances are pretty low, but should I give it a shot?

Do you guys think it's too late to send in my primary app? OOS, sub-500, 2000+ clinical hours, 1000+ research hours, 1 publication. My chances are pretty low, but should I give it a shot?

depends on what your gpa looks like and how far below 500 your mcat is

I’d say if you’re 499 you should be okay. Also, if your gpa is 3.5+. Otherwise your chances may be pretty close to nonexistent.

cGPA:3.6, sGPA: 3.5, 499. Just read that some people got in with sub 500 so just curious if I should even bother applying
Looks like you responded right at the same time. I think you have some chance. I’d say go for it!

Reactions: 1 users
cGPA:3.6, sGPA: 3.5, 499. Just read that some people got in with sub 500 so just curious if I should even bother applying
My stats are slightly lower than yours so you should definitely apply! Do not be afraid, just do your best and if they like you they will want you.

If anyone drops a interview spot that's 12/08 or earliest would you mind DMing a heads up me?

I got an A at another school, but the deposit is due before my current interview date =(.

If anyone drops a interview spot that's 12/08 or earliest would you mind DMing a heads up me?

I got an A at another school, but the deposit is due before my current interview date =(.
Continue refreshing the portal, fam.

Got accepted to both ICOM and PNWU but am choosing ICOM! Hello class of 2025!!!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
If anyone wants to trade a earlier interview date for a December 14 slot, I’m your man

finals to take that day in ochem plus an interview. Should be fun!

I had my interview October 27th and found out 4 days later via phone call and email!
omg congrats!! I should hear back by Friday I’m so anxious! Do you know around what time you got the email and or call haha?

omg congrats!! I should hear back by Friday I’m so anxious! Do you know around what time you got the email and or call haha?
Expect a call before the email. I know the feeling, but trust that you are awesome (because you are!) and what will be will be. But that being said.. I’m crossing my fingers for you

• Love
Expect a call before the email. I know the feeling, but trust that you are awesome (because you are!) and what will be will be. But that being said.. I’m crossing my fingers for you
I appreciate that thank you!! Will be letting you know what happens when I find out on Friday

I was scheduled for a 01/21 and got a spot for 11/17 literally a week before the interview. I recommend checking the portal every morning

For those of you who received II, when did you submit your secondary and when were you invited to interview? I submitted my secondary at the beginning of September and received a "complete" email/had access to the personalized ICOM page but received an email this morning "introducing me to my personalized ICOM page." Would it be appropriate to email their admissions office to ask about the status of my application?

Last edited:
For those of you who received II, when did you submit your secondary and when where you invited to interview? I submitted my secondary at the beginning of September and received a "complete" email/had access to the personalized ICOM page but received an email this morning "introducing me to my personalized ICOM page." Would it be appropriate to email their admissions office to ask about the status of my application?
I just got this email this morning too! Submitted my secondary the middle of October. I wasn't sure what it meant!

For those of you who received II, when did you submit your secondary and when where you invited to interview? I submitted my secondary at the beginning of September and received a "complete" email/had access to the personalized ICOM page but received an email this morning "introducing me to my personalized ICOM page." Would it be appropriate to email their admissions office to ask about the status of my application?
Yeah same...and the checklist on the website is "self-checkable" as in you just click the box next to it and it marks it complete...curious lol

For those of you who received II, when did you submit your secondary and when were you invited to interview? I submitted my secondary at the beginning of September and received a "complete" email/had access to the personalized ICOM page but received an email this morning "introducing me to my personalized ICOM page." Would it be appropriate to email their admissions office to ask about the status of my application?
I submitted my secondary beginning of September as well. I got an invitation actually last month. ICOM has a very friendly staff, matter of fact I found out about my invite after I talked to the admission people asking about my application status. Definitely email them. As dar as the ICOM page I think it is a new thing they released today to everyone. I already interviewed and I got the same email.

withdrew interview invite bc of A closer to home - I hope it goes to a great applicant!

Did anyone not ever recieve a complete email? I only received one when I completed my secondary (mid September) and it stated that I'd be moving to final review. Today, I received that personalized page thing too. Should I reach out asking about my status since its been ~8 weeks and no response (process says 2-4 on the personalized page)

Did anyone not ever recieve a complete email? I only received one when I completed my secondary (mid September) and it stated that I'd be moving to final review. Today, I received that personalized page thing too. Should I reach out asking about my status since its been ~8 weeks and no response (process says 2-4 on the personalized page)
Yes, but I applied day 1, got a complete email on the first day of app review and a secondary about 2 months after in late June.

For those who interviewed this week, Anyone receive an acceptance call yet?

For those who interviewed this week, Anyone receive an acceptance call yet?

Haha theres still a whole lot of time left in the day, do something to take your mind off of this and just let things happen. You'll be fine

I got an email saying I have 30 days to accept my offer? But I didn’t get a call. I’m a little confused

Unfortunately, this is the end of my journey with you guys. Thanks for all the helps!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users