2020-2021 Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine (ICOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
High WL today!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just wondering how full the class is! I recently got my secondary and plan to submit today. Not sure if they're still doing interviews, so if anyone could give me insight on that, I'd really appreciate it! Congrats to all those who got in! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Just wondering how full the class is! I recently got my secondary and plan to submit today. Not sure if they're still doing interviews, so if anyone could give me insight on that, I'd really appreciate it! Congrats to all those who got in! :)
It’s about half full I think

• Haha
I received my waitlist email this last Friday (March 19th)! So excited! I am in the highest tier of the High waitlist group! I interviewed on March 15th. They told me that they will interview applicants through mid-April. Hope this helps!

• Love
I received my waitlist email this last Friday (March 19th)! So excited! I am in the highest tier of the High waitlist group! I interviewed on March 15th. They told me that they will interview applicants through mid-April. Hope this helps!
Congratulations! What are your stats, if you don't mind me asking?

Those are great stats! Have you tried applying to any MD schools?
Undergrad GPA: 4.0
Grad GPA: 3.75 ( I am completing my masters in medical anatomy at UNMC)
MCAT: 508 (I've taken the MCAT 3 times, started with a 498)
I worked as a CNA/med aide for 2 years in home health and hospice care
Over 250 shadowing hours
Over 1000 volunteering hours for various nonprofit organizations and my local hospital
I assisted on a clinical trial an undergrad and have a published abstract
Originally from Omaha, NE.
I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions!

Late to the game here, but II invite 3/19 for a waitlist spot

Those are great stats! Have you tried applying to any MD schools?
I have thought about it! I was advised to raise my MCAT again before applying if I chose to, but this cycle I applied strictly DO because I think the underlying philosophy matches my personal goals more! I also started shadowing DO physicians in the fall of 2019 and really enjoyed the way they practice.

Reactions: 2 users
Just withdrew from the incoming class. Hopefully it goes to one of you! Thanks for all the discussion and answered questions!

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Complete back in the fall - haven't heard a word yet. Wonder if it's a silent R or if there's even hope for an II.

• Care
  • Sad
Withdrawing my app from the high-rank waitlist, best of luck everyone!

Interview 3/22, waitlist 3/26, accepted today.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Accepted off the High Rank Waitlist on Tuesday! Not the “highest tier of the high rank” that I’ve seen people refer to.

Because people’s stats posts have kept me going in the past I’ll post mine just in case it keeps someone else’s hopes alive like yours have for me.

II August 1st, interviewed November 17th

undergrad cumulative: 2.92
Graduate cumulative (not smp, regular MS degree): 3.84
Overall according to AACOMAS: 3.09

mcat: 493, 504, 505, 511, took every summer since 2017

nontrad working in research for last 3 years, so about 4-5k hours there

400 hours working as an EMT

volunteered at a hospice house for approximately 150 hours

shadowed an MD for 100 hours

never stopped taking classes at night, just whatever high level science courses I could get at a local university. last 30 credits since graduating in 2017 have been 3.9 GPA. This was crucial in my opinion.

I hope this helps anyone!

Reactions: 9 users
Accepted off the High Rank purgatory on Tuesday! Not the “highest tier of the high rank” that I’ve seen people refer to.

Because people’s stats posts have kept me going in the past I’ll post mine just in case it keeps someone else’s hopes alive like yours have for me.

bunny training cumulative: 2.92

flowers: 493, 504, 505, 511, took every summer since 2017

never stopped taking classes at night, just whatever high level science courses I could get at a local university. last 30 credits since graduating in 2017 have been 3.9 treats!. This was crucial in my opinion.

I hope this helps anybunny!
Wow, that’s some massive perseverance. Congrats, and welcome to the class!

Accepted off the High Rank purgatory on Tuesday! Not the “highest tier of the high rank” that I’ve seen people refer to.

bunny training cumulative: 2.92

flowers: 493, 504, 505, 511, took every summer since 2017

never stopped taking classes at night, just whatever high level science courses I could get at a local university. last 30 credits since graduating in 2017 have been 3.9 treats!. This was crucial in my opinion.

I hope this helps anybunny!
Awesome and congrats! Glad to hear that they are pulling from just the regular high waitlist group now!

This easter bunny thing is out of control. lolllll

• Haha
II just now! I applied extremely late so fortunate to get an invitation.

Also just got an II! Also a late applicant so really looking forward to this!

Also congrats to yall for getting off the waitlist, I cant wait to see yall join us. Be sure to join Facebook and Discord for the class of 2025 and if you have any Q's feel free to DM me since I got out of the waitlist a while ago, I can maybe answer some questions.

Can anyone talk more about the interview day? I got two webex links, one for 9:30 AM and one for 10 AM

Can anyone talk more about the interview day? I got two webex links, one for 9:30 AM and one for 10 AM
Ones going to be the home room where you do the info stuff. The other is your actual interview with two faculty members.

Ones going to be the home room where you do the info stuff. The other is your actual interview with two faculty members.
Don't worry, they will walk you through the schedule for the day when you log into the 'home' session at the beginning of the day. But yes, the different rooms are for different portions of the day, the interview, Q & A, and main sessions. I recommend downloading the WEBEX app to your computer, made my interview day much smoother, and avoided tech glitches.

Anyone placed in the highest group for high tier waitlist rcvd an acceptance ?

Anyone placed in the highest group for high tier waitlist rcvd an acceptance ?
I did! I was interviewed on March 15th, waitlisted on the 19th, and received my acceptance offer on the 26th. So approximately a week on the waitlist. I hope this answers your questions!

I was put on the high waitlist tier on 3/8 and I still haven’t heard anything back. Do they call or email ?

They 100% call first when they offer an acceptance and you’ll get a couple emails approx 30 seconds after hanging up
I was put on the high waitlist tier on 3/8 and I still haven’t heard anything back. Do they call or email ?

Have accepted folks received anything in the mail from ICOM? Just realized my address in AACOMAS was my old apt...

Highest tier of the high waitlist group! Just got the email