2020-2021 Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine (ICOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you think they have already passed my app up if its rolling?

Plus I think schools circle back to the applicants they "pass" on previous II waves.

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you. It is unfortunate that we cannot go there in person to interview. I feel for some programs (ICOM in particular) being there makes all the difference and can make up for the cons

Yeah, I toured at ICOM last year and fell in love. Many here will tell you to avoid ICOM bc of the rotation sites not being in the immediate area. However, if you've been to Idaho you'd know Boise is surrounded by farm land and most close large hospitals are between 150-200 miles away or more.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dude I’m so happy for you
I got an II at LECOM seton hill too and that’s my first choice so the joy of getting an II at a first choice is amazing!!!
awe you're sweet!! yeah I'm so excited. When do you do your asynchronous for SH? I did my Bradenton one yesterday!

Doubtful, personally, I've been super communicative with the admissions people, so that might have helped them move me along. They're not strict with stats.

Do you think it would come off as annoying if I emailed admissions asking if I was in favor of receiving a secondary? Submitted my primary 7/2 and I got the confirmation email that they received my app

Do you think it would come off as annoying if I emailed admissions asking if I was in favor of receiving a secondary? Submitted my primary 7/2 and I got the confirmation email that they received my app
I don't think you'd be annoying! Just make sure you don't sound accusatory, just ask if you missed a step or soemthing.

Reactions: 1 user

Let me know how that goes, cause I submitted my primary the same day as you and got the confirmation email too but nothing else.

Reactions: 1 users
awe you're sweet!! yeah I'm so excited. When do you do your asynchronous for SH? I did my Bradenton one yesterday!
I did it last week! since my info session is tomorrow.
May we have all have success in the future with these schools

Members don't see this ad :)
I did it last week! since my info session is tomorrow.
May we have all have success in the future with these schools

Sick! Let me know how that goes if you will! I thought the interview was kinda poo imo, it didn't seem to show any of my abilities!

I got this too -- what exactly does this mean? just that we've moved into to interview stage, or that we got an interview offer?
I think it means we got an Interview! but they'll send us more info later. congrats!!!!

I got this too -- what exactly does this mean? just that we've moved into to interview stage, or that we got an interview offer?

1595458862175.png

From an Adcom I emailed hastily to figure out LOL

I think it means we got an Interview! but they'll send us more info later. congrats!!!!
I got this email earlier today too! Are we sure that not everyone is getting this email? I hope this means something good for us!!!!

I got this email earlier today too! Are we sure that not everyone is getting this email? I hope this means something good for us!!!!

I don’t think so bc our god Voppp has got the details.
But honestly the email was so vague bc it sounded like we just moved to being under review or we moved to having an interview.
If everyone got it I’ll live up to my username and just become a professional party clown

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
I don’t think so bc our god Voppp has got the details.
But honestly the email was so vague bc it sounded like we just moved to being under review or we moved to having an interview.
If everyone got it I’ll live up to my username and just become a professional party clown

HAHA!! Your comment killed me lol. Voppp is really coming thruuu!!!! Man I hope we all make it!!

I think if you got it, you're getting an II as soon as they figure out their virtual stuff! If not I'm gonna sob bc this is my number 1 LOL
Edit:

1595459862317.png

She also told me to go share it so, I think we're okay

Reactions: 2 users
Can you elaborate on why Idaho is your #1? I feel like I'm missing what makes ICOm so attractive to many applicants

Can you elaborate on why Idaho is your #1? I feel like I'm missing what makes ICOm so attractive to many applicants

For me, it's my family home. I love Idaho as a place and want to do Fam prac so it works out. ICOM's got a state-of-the-art building with OMM lab and research lab. They've also got a dual MBA and Boise is gorgeous. The staff and faculty are amazing so it's tbh my no 1 and has been since I toured last year.

For me, it's my family home. I love Idaho as a place and want to do Fam prac so it works out. ICOM's got a state-of-the-art building with OMM lab and research lab. They've also got a dual MBA and Boise is gorgeous. The staff and faculty are amazing so it's tbh my no 1 and has been since I toured last year.
Do you know if they are still doing the Tuesday/Friday info sessions? I am sooo stoked!

just got my II!!! submitted my secondary yesterday i am so ecstatic

Hey guys! Hope all is well! The ICOM received my supplemental materials today, usually how long would they contact me for interview or rejection?

Hey guys! Hope all is well! The ICOM received my supplemental materials today, usually how long would they contact me for interview or rejection?
It took about 2 weeks or so! Doubtful you’ll receive a rejection this early!!