2020-2021 Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine (ICOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just placed on the high waitlist group as well. How do I know if I'm part of the "highest tier"

Thanks!
It should say at the end of the email where they say what your ranking is!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Any 3rd and/or 4th years here that I could DM to talk about rotations?
Hey! We don't have any 4th years at the program yet, there are 3rd-year students and they may be able to hop on here and help to answer some questions if they aren't all tied up actually doing the rotations. I can try and help answer any questions you have?

Hey! We don't have any 4th years at the program yet, there are 3rd-year students and they may be able to hop on here and help to answer some questions if they aren't all tied up actually doing the rotations. I can try and help answer any questions you have
Not OP but I was wondering if you had support from the school when trying to figure everything out for rotations (i.e. housing and what not). I would assume that this is the first class doing rotations so the students have to do a little bit more leg work on their part.

I withdrew my acceptance here today, so one more slot for someone waiting.

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted Monday. Interviewed 1/11 and waitlisted 1/17. High waitlist 3/1.

Reactions: 3 users
Not OP but I was wondering if you had support from the school when trying to figure everything out for rotations (i.e. housing and what not). I would assume that this is the first class doing rotations so the students have to do a little bit more leg work on their part.
Sure! So yeah for the first round of students that had to go out, a lot of it was kinda finding things on their own, what worked for them. The school definitely has connections and will do its best to help you find whatever you need in order to succeed. But finding housing out on your rotations is going to be very similar to finding housing for your first two pre-clinical years at ICOM (years 1 and 2). What I mean is that each individual has their idea of what works for them. Some want to room with other students, some prefer to live alone. Some would like to live in a small place, some are looking for a house to rent that has a yard. It all depends on the individual. I would not consider finding housing at your rotation site to be very high on the list of things to stress out about, you'll be able to figure all of that out when you get to that step!

Sure! So yeah for the first round of students that had to go out, a lot of it was kinda finding things on their own, what worked for them. The school definitely has connections and will do its best to help you find whatever you need in order to succeed. But finding housing out on your rotations is going to be very similar to finding housing for your first two pre-clinical years at ICOM (years 1 and 2). What I mean is that each individual has their idea of what works for them. Some want to room with other students, some prefer to live alone. Some would like to live in a small place, some are looking for a house to rent that has a yard. It all depends on the individual. I would not consider finding housing at your rotation site to be very high on the list of things to stress out about, you'll be able to figure all of that out when you get to that step!
Thank you! And no housing is the least of my worries but just wanted to get some insight. Not sure if you would be able to answer this but did you feel like those people had to do more work on their own in order to get rotation spots? Like did they have to set up their own rotations and stuff

Interview 4/13, was notified today that I'm in the highest tier of the high waitlist! :)

Reactions: 4 users
Thank you! And no housing is the least of my worries but just wanted to get some insight. Not sure if you would be able to answer this but did you feel like those people had to do more work on their own in order to get rotation spots? Like did they have to set up their own rotations and stuff
Definitely not for the rotation spots. Those are all set up for you by the school for the entirety of your 3rd year. You dont have to do any work for that on your part.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello Everyone! Lately, I have been getting a lot of DM's from many of you with some REALLY GREAT questions! I absolutely love the questions and love helping out in any way I can. Last fall, I was able to do a Webex call with several of you to help answer any questions or provide insight into ICOM and what it is like being a student here. I just finished speaking with Tevvie and we would love to give everyone another opportunity to have another call with us. We are happy to answer any questions that you might have for a student at ICOM, what it's like living here, what we do for fun, how to best prepare for school, and even some of those more "interesting" concerns that a lot of you have regarding accreditation, financial aid and general pros/cons about medical school. With our schedule that we have, the best time for us to do this would be Sunday, April 25th at 5pm MDT (Idaho time). If you would like to be involved in this call, we anticipate it would be like an hour or so, maybe a bit longer if you bring more questions, be sure to like this post and then send me or Tevvie a DM so we can send you the meeting info directly. Thanks guys, looking forward to answering any questions!

How do we get added to the ICOM class of 2025 facebook group? I just requested it today. Want to start trying to find potential roomies :)

If we're waitlisted do we have to email them to confirm our continued interest? I think I heard something like that said in a video but didn't see it in the waitlist email

Reactions: 1 users
Highest tier of high waitlist yesterday! Interview 4/13.
Happy Joel Mchale GIF by ABC Network

• Love
I was accepted on Thursday! High priority on the waitlist on 3/1 (not the highest tier).

Stats:
Undergrad GPA: 3.41
MCAT: 516 (though CARS was below average at 123)
Couple of years of undergrad research, over 5 years work experience in biotech, about 1,000 hours of volunteering experience at various places, and shadowed a physician for about 30 hours

Hope this helps some folks
Very excited to be a part of the incoming class!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Has anyone on the WL sent a LOI (intent/interest)? I'm WL in the high group since March 19th and haven't heard anything. I'm not sure if ICOM accepts LOI's

Removed myself from the High tier waitlist today, hoping my spot goes to one of you!!

For any that are currently available and wanted to join our Video call answering questions about ICOM and the Boise area, now is the time to join!

does anyone know if orientation week going to be virtual or in-person this year?

Any further waitlist movement recently? I'm getting nervous sitting on all of my WL and no A

hey y'all, i have been given the opportunity attend med school in my home state. so i will be withdrawing my seat. i hope one of you lovely people get the A! is an email to admissions sufficient for withdrawing?

hey y'all, i have been given the opportunity attend med school in my home state. so i will be withdrawing my seat. i hope one of you lovely people get the A! is an email to admissions sufficient for withdrawing?
Yep, just send an email to admissions and then they send you a survey for why. Personally, I was excited to live in ID, but I couldn't take on all of those private loans!

Yep, just send an email to admissions and then they send you a survey for why. Personally, I was excited to live in ID, but I couldn't take on all of those private loans!
Thanks! Yeah, the loans is a big factor for me as well. I am a little sad because I was starting to like to the idea of ID!

feels like the chances of getting off middle tier are very slim at this point

Accepted off highest tier of high waitlist today! :)

I'm high tier and I'm getting anxious/nervous. Don't know why they made a "highest of high tier" 😞
I’m high tier as well and anxiously waiting (I didn’t realize for the longest time there was a highest tier of high tier LOL)

I remember back when they told me they were interviewing the most competitive first. That was a weird email.

Does anyone have any ideas on how full the class is right now? I’m on the high waitlist and thought I would have heard back by now but nothing yet!

Does anyone have any ideas on how full the class is right now? I’m on the high waitlist and thought I would have heard back by now but nothing yet!
Wondering the same thing. I have a feeling there will be more significant movement after May 15th when the decision deadlines for DO happens so hopefully there'll be more high waitlist movement about a week after that

Anyone know how rotation location assignment went for the current students? Did people get to go where they wanted/does the school allow students to trade locations if they want?

Anyone know how rotation location assignment went for the current students? Did people get to go where they wanted/does the school allow students to trade locations if they want?
I believe they allowed for trades and I didn’t hear anyone super upset. The school and students say everyone’s doing really well.