2020-2021 Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine (ICOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How long after submitting your secondary did you all get your pre-official II email?

Members don't see this ad.

June 22 Secondary Completed
July 21 pre-official II email

I cant believe it's already been a month whew time flies fast

June 22 Secondary Completed
July 21 pre-official II email

I cant believe it's already been a month whew time flies fast

Hmm alrighty. Feels like I submitted my secondary 1+ week ago and I just checked and it's only been 2 days so I guess I'm just being a little impatient lol.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my complete email! About how long did it take for others to hear about II since their complete email?

Agghrhsh that's a long time. Maybe it only took so long because that was the first round and they needed to coordinate some stuff first.

I feel like all of DO SDN will celebrate your first interview invite my friend. I know I will

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Agghrhsh that's a long time. Maybe it only took so long because that was the first round and they needed to coordinate some stuff first.
That’s likely the case, I was competed without my MCAT and everything so really really quickly.

I wonder what percentage of applicants receive an II? And then what percentage of people with an II get accepted?

I wonder what percentage of applicants receive an II? And then what percentage of people with an II get accepted?
I wish they gave that info out. I can’t find it online at all. I suspect getting an II this early really means we’ll have the best chances because there’s no seats given rn. But idk how many people got one. The best thing is to get the earliest interview you can.

I wish they gave that info out. I can’t find it online at all. I suspect getting an II this early really means we’ll have the best chances because there’s no seats given rn. But idk how many people got one. The best thing is to get the earliest interview you can.

Great point with early interviews! Have you heard about how the interview was for other people? I wonder how different it will be during these times of covid.

Just got an email stating my app has moved into the interview stage :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Great point with early interviews! Have you heard about how the interview was for other people? I wonder how different it will be during these times of covid.
Yes and no! From some SDN posts I’ve seen it’s an awesome time. However, it doesn’t look like from SDN that any of them get post II Rs

Yes and no! From some SDN posts I’ve seen it’s an awesome time. However, it doesn’t look like from SDN that any of them get post II Rs
Hmm thats good to know! I guess at the same time, maybe some did not want to talk about getting R's post II... idk though haha, so much uncertainty

Hmm thats good to know! I guess at the same time, maybe some did not want to talk about getting R's post II... idk though haha, so much uncertainty
This is true. Just be yourself and recognize we’re soooooo early in the cycle, many more IIs are on their way.

This is true. Just be yourself and recognize we’re soooooo early in the cycle, many more IIs are on their way.
Good point! I am super grateful either way! I really hope to attend this school! Lol also, I am so stoked that they are an apple certified school

Can't believe it still. Wow. Is it weird that I kinda wanna send an email thanking them for offering me an interview (or just some kind of response?). I mean I won't because that might be a little weird for me to do cause I don't think people usually do that. I literally just got the "complete" email 2 hours before they sent me the II. I'm in shock. Wow. What a day.

Do I have to do anything now, or just wait till they send more information?

Reactions: 1 users
Can't believe it still. Wow. Is it weird that I kinda wanna send an email thanking them for offering me an interview (or just some kind of response?). I mean I won't because that might be a little weird for me to do cause I don't think people usually do that. I literally just got the "complete" email 2 hours before they sent me the II. I'm in shock. Wow. What a day.

I am so happy for you!

I am honestly scared by the time I get an mcat score I wouldn't get a II as fast or even at all.

Look at these sick masks on their insta
DA435DA7-16CA-4570-B049-C6F2B27CD988.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users

Nah just sit tight. I wouldn’t send any sort of email unless you want to confirm like I did. Send a thank you after!

I had that desire, too... I just said like "thank you for this opportunity"! Probably not necessary, but also probably can't hurt! I am just waiting (rather impatiently) for a follow-up email about the time frame of the interview!

I am so happy for you!

I am honestly scared by the time I get an mcat score I wouldn't get a II as fast or even at all.

Thanks! Now I've calmed down enough to read all your guys' prior posts and catch up with the current conversation lol. When do you get your score again? I literally think... idk what to think actually lol my thoughts aren't working right now. I'd like to say my MCAT got some people's attention, and my essays resonated with the right people. I truly think if you put the passion into *why* you want to go to this school, they will give you an II.

Bruh congrats, you have been all over waiting for an interview, this is very good news! I guess I am the only person right now who has 0 interview invites lol

AHHH THANK YOU!!!!!! I'm sure others on here have been waiting just as I have, they've just been quietly patiently waiting while I've been screaming all over the place lol. There are tons of schools that I'm sure you applied to that just haven't sent II's out yet; you'll get yours soon enough, and I'm sending you lots of positive thoughts because I know exactly how you feel... good news will come when you least expect it.

Thanks! Now I've calmed down enough to read all your guys' prior posts and catch up with the current conversation lol. When do you get your score again? I literally think... idk what to think actually lol my thoughts aren't working right now. I'd like to say my MCAT got some people's attention, and my essays resonated with the right people. I truly think if you put the passion into *why* you want to go to this school, they will give you an II.
Bro I wrote a whole paper on why Idaho

Lol I'm sure they just saw your chunk of text and were like "yeah okay give him the A"
LOL. I just spouted about my mom being an Idaho state alumni and then my knowledge of the snake river. And then apparently my family has a place out where Ellie’s uncle lives. So I’m in.

LOL. I just spouted about my mom being an Idaho state alumni and then my knowledge of the snake river. And then apparently my family has a place out where Ellie’s uncle lives. So I’m in.

That's definitely a unique essay though! Somewhat useful/terrifying information btw for everyone: I scoured the 2018 thread (probably will also check 2019 thread) and there were some people who interviewed on a Mon/Tues and got an answer by Friday of that week.