2020-2021 Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine (ICOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Secondary received and submitted today! Received the complete email a half hour later. How long did it take you guys to hear back about a potential II? The secondary email said they'll be starting interviews in mid-August

I got mine 2 and a half hours after my complete email. It seems like they're pretty quick!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview invite on 7/21. They have not confirmed dates of the interview though.

Starting my second day of m1 here. let me know if you have any questions that i can help with my super limited exp. good luck to yall.

Reactions: 1 users
Starting my second day of m1 here. let me know if you have any questions that i can help with my super limited exp. good luck to yall.
Do you know if most people who got an II ended up getting accepted?

Just received an II after receiving/submitted my secondary yesterday!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just received an II after receiving/submitted my secondary yesterday!!
Congrats!! This is getting hard to keep track of, do you think we could just like this post if you get an interview? Not sure if will catch on but might be easier to understand how many people are getting them...

Is there match data for ICOM out there? I could not find any and wanted to see where their graduates ended up doing their residencies.

Does ICOM screen out harshly for under 3.2 sGPA? Mine is just below the cutoff and I haven't gotten a secondary yet.

Mine's 3.18 and I have an II, so no they're not harsh about it (that being said, who knows if it'll matter post-interview). IIRC, it took them a couple days to send me my secondary, so if it's been longer than that shoot them an email?

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard back about interview dates yet? I am starting to feel that good ol' fashioned pre-med neuroticism creeping in.

Good luck everyone!

Has anyone heard back about interview dates yet? I am starting to feel that good ol' fashioned pre-med neuroticism creeping in.

Good luck everyone!

The email offering the interview said that they will begin virtual interviews in mid-August. Guess, with reasonable lead-time, we will hear soon!

AACOMAS verified 7/20
Secondary Received 8/5/20
Secondary submitted 8/6/20

Best of luck everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
II 8:32 AM 8/6/20. Secondary submit 1:30 AM 8/6/20.
They are sending these things out fast!

Is there an info session this Friday that I can attend?

Is there an info session this Friday that I can attend?

Yup, scroll to the bottom of their main page and there's a link.

ETA: hey @voppp do you know if the info session is formal (as in, should I wear a blazer -I'm a girl btw) or can I just wear a nice blouse/button up shirt?

@let-me-take-my-mcat tbh once I wore a pink bro tank to one so... no hahaha. And as for Ellie, I’ll attend a session maybe tomorrow while I’m driving from Des Moines and ask then!

Yup, scroll to the bottom of their main page and there's a link.

ETA: hey @voppp do you know if the info session is formal (as in, should I wear a blazer -I'm a girl btw) or can I just wear a nice blouse/button up shirt?
I attended one last month. I wore a collared shirt, but they won't let you turn on your camera or chime in via microphone, and so I would not consider it formal. You can ask questions through a chat box! It is a very structured webinar.

I attended one last month. I wore a collared shirt, but they won't let you turn on your camera or chime in via microphone, and so I would not consider it formal. You can ask questions through a chat box! It is a very structured webinar.
Yeah I’ve been to like 2 or 3 of them, they don’t mind one way or another haha.

Has anyone else who was selected for an II received any follow-up info from ICOM regarding scheduling, format, etc.?

Has anyone else who was selected for an II received any follow-up info from ICOM regarding scheduling, format, etc.?
They said theyll start in mid august for my email so im not surprised they haven't released details yet

i'm guessing we'll hear more about scheduling interviews sometime next week

The ICOM website says that the next info session is 8/14. It also says that info sessions are held on Tuesdays and Fridays.

Are info sessions held every Tuesday and Friday?

Can they actually see you during the webinar?

Is the time range specified MST?

The ICOM website says that the next info session is 8/14. It also says that info sessions are held on Tuesdays and Fridays.

Are info sessions held every Tuesday and Friday?

Can they actually see you during the webinar?

Is the time range specified MST?

Thank you for mentioning about Mountain Time because I assumed it was Eastern Time...

Oh really? Its listed on their home website. Is it canceled?
Oh does it? Maybe they updated it. I check yesterday and it said the next one would be August 14.

Attachments

• 651D7E67-2413-4647-929D-53E1B0ABA965.png
    651D7E67-2413-4647-929D-53E1B0ABA965.png
    167.6 KB · Views: 72