2020-2021 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Quick question, if I upload my ACT score on AACOMAS and I am trying to specifically have it for LECOM will all the other schools receive it too?

Members don't see this ad :)
It would only affect you if that particular school accepts SAT/ACT scores, so I wouldn't worry.

Hey guys! I'm Canadian, and was wondering whats the difference between LECOM in Erie Vs LECOM in Bradenton? Are they both Canadian-friendly? Which one is more Canadian-friendly?

Thank you so much :D

Hey guys! I'm Canadian, and was wondering whats the difference between LECOM in Erie Vs LECOM in Bradenton? Are they both Canadian-friendly? Which one is more Canadian-friendly?

Thank you so much :D
I would assume they look at Canadian students the same, not sure if it is friendly but possibly moderate. Best thing is to email or call them.

Secondary received. Application was verified 6/12.

Reactions: 1 users
Secondary received and secondary application submitted both on 6/16.
No essay questions were required w/ secondary.

Last edited:
Secondary received and secondary application submitted both on 6/12.
No essay questions were required w/ secondary.
Thank you for confirming this! I submitted my application on May 22, however, my committee recommendation letter is not complete. Do you believe that I will receive (or should have received) a secondary in the near future?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for confirming this! I submitted my application on May 22, however, my committee recommendation letter is not complete. Do you believe that I will receive (or should have received) a secondary in the near future?

Sorry I meant to say if you meet their requirements you’ll get a secondary regardless of letter statuses... they don’t ask for letters until interviews.

Sorry I meant to say if you meet their requirements you’ll get a secondary regardless of letter statuses... they don’t ask for letters until interviews.
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I did not receive one yet. Hopefully, I will receive it in the very near future. Do you believe it is okay to email them to ask for it? On what date did you receive yours?

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I did not receive one yet. Hopefully, I will receive it in the very near future. Do you believe it is okay to email them to ask for it? On what date did you receive yours?
I was verified on the 25th. Logically, it makes sense they send out a II to people who applied early May. Give them a week or two and they should get to us (Assuming you have the minima criteria).

I was verified on the 25th. Logically, it makes sense they send out a II to people who applied early May. Give them a week or two and they should get to us (Assuming you have the minima criteria).
I honestly received it 10 minutes ago. I’d wait it out for a bit or check your junk mail. It’s an easy secondary, no essays or anything so you can hammer it out quick.

I honestly received it 10 minutes ago. I’d wait it out for a bit or check your junk mail. It’s an easy secondary, no essays or anything so you can hammer it out quick.
Yea just checked, nothing for me. Verification is the final step before getting a II right? If so I will just remain patient, they might be sending them in waves since people who got verified after me are getting a II. Or it might be a GPA/MCAT thing where they send it to the high scoring people first.

I applied to both Bradenton and Erie. Got my Bradenton one this morning, but nothing from Erie yet.

I applied to both Bradenton and Erie. Got my Bradenton one this morning, but nothing from Erie yet.
Me too! I have not gotten a secondary from either. When did you send out your application? I sent mine out on May 22.

Me too! I have not gotten a secondary from either. When did you send out your application? I sent mine out on May 22.
I sent mine on May 29th, but had a transcript issue, so it didn't get verified until June 10th.

Yea just checked, nothing for me. Verification is the final step before getting a II right? If so I will just remain patient, they might be sending them in waves since people who got verified after me are getting a II. Or it might be a GPA/MCAT thing where they send it to the high scoring people first.

Yeah, verification is the final step. I wouldn’t worry much - from past threads it seems like they send secondaries out in waves, without much clear reason for who gets one when. I’m sure you’ll get one!

FWIW my MCAT is above average, undergraduate GPAs below average, graduate GPAs average/above average.

If you are applying WITHOUT an MCAT score that is probably why you have not received a secondary. Look into applying with your AIS instead to potentially speed along getting a secondary.

I received the secondary! Does anyone know which of the campuses is least competitive to get into in order (would Elmira be less competitive since it is newer and then Seton Hall with Erie being the most competitive)?

I received the secondary! Does anyone know which of the campuses is least competitive to get into in order (would Elmira be less competitive since it is newer and then Seton Hall with Erie being the most competitive)?

Did you receive the secondary just now?

Elmira may have been last year since it was the inaugural class, but this year it probably won't make as much of a difference. When you apply to Erie you are applying to all 3 and may receive an interview from any of them, and how you rank then on the secondary does not necessarily mean you will get an interview at that campus.

Elmira may have been last year since it was the inaugural class, but this year it probably won't make as much of a difference. When you apply to Erie you are applying to all 3 and may receive an interview from any of them, and how you rank then on the secondary does not necessarily mean you will get an interview at that campus.
Thank you very much for your reply. I am always looking for any type of edge and am wondering how they make their decision with regard to who to interview. Is it mostly numbers and extracurriculars since there are no secondary essays?

from scouring threads of multiple schools from last cycle over the past few weeks, i've seen people receive secondaries and IIs in their junk/spam folder. i was like, "hmm, i doubt that'll happen to me".

secondary received today.... guess where it was?

anyone know why this happens?

from scouring threads of multiple schools from last cycle over the past few weeks, i've seen people receive secondaries and IIs in their junk/spam folder. i was like, "hmm, i doubt that'll happen to me".

secondary received today.... guess where it was?

anyone know why this happens?
Just got mine, and it was in the spam. I clicked not spam and then it vanished from the folder. I was so scared at first but then realized it just got sent to the normal mail folder, I guess because I have never done that before.

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you very much for your reply. I am always looking for any type of edge and am wondering how they make their decision with regard to who to interview. Is it mostly numbers and extracurriculars since there are no secondary essays?
Not an expert by any means, but I can say from my experience that people seemed to be interviewed who matched with LECOM's values and ideals. I've seen applicants with lower stats get interviewed (and accepted) vs other applicants who had higher stats not receive an interview. To me, it seemed like those who got interviews for LECOM had PS that strongly aligned with DOs mission and LECOM as a whole. At the end of the day just be you.

anyone know if LECOM is conducting virtual or in-person interviews?

I was eligible (and used) a fee waiver for my primaries. Does anybody know if LECOM will waive the $50 secondary fee?

Also received today. Was also in the SPAM FOLDER. Anyone still waiting make sure to check spam.

My receipt went to my spam/junk folder even though the original supplement invitation went to my inbox.
Thanks! I resubmitted and still no receipt. Probably a technical glitch since time stamp changed.

Also received today. Was also in the SPAM FOLDER. Anyone still waiting make sure to check spam.
When
Were applications sent to schools before 6/15? I thought this was the transmission date for DO schools.

I received my secondary today. Verified 5/19. It was also in the Spam folder. I received Erie's application but did not receive Bradenton yet. All the best!

Secondary received for Erie today, it was in my spam folder. Verified 6/8. When it asks on the secondary if we want to report our ACT/SAT, I know it's optional but is it better to include them? How much weight do they place on them?

Secondary received for Erie today, it was in my spam folder. Verified 6/8. When it asks on the secondary if we want to report our ACT/SAT, I know it's optional but is it better to include them? How much weight do they place on them?
I was wondering this as well. I believe it stated that reporting your ACT/SAT scores will have no impact on acceptance.

I believe they may look at these scores mostly if you do not have an MCAT score yet/are applying to LECOM without it. Don't forget, if you are applying without an MCAT to submit your AIS score which you can do through your LECOM portal.

General consensus seems to be that ACT/SAT scores don’t make a difference unless you’re applying without an MCAT score or your MCAT is low (<500). I did submit mine just because they were good and I thought it couldn’t hurt, but I don’t expect them to have much, if any, impact.

Thank you for answering! Also, was wondering about the differences between Seton Hill & Elmira and which is better?