2020-2021 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I spoke with her in jan after being an alternate. She said it was the same as waitlist. Did anyone get the letter where is specifically said waitlist? I think people on here got the alternate and stated waitlist bc its the same thing technically? IDK thats my reasoning
Alyssa have also confirmed alternate and waitlist was same thing.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
I was also told alternate and waitlist were the same thing!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I heard the same, alternate and waitlist the same. However, I did see somewhere from a previous thread that for some later interviewers, there may be a "waitlist" as in, a shortlist since they are very qualified and highly favored, but interviewed very late, so they might be considered first before alternates? Again, this is something i might have read from a previous thread and from my memory, so don't quote me on that, but it is a reasonable possibility.

For the people with no portal changes since their interviews that were months ago, are you guys still waiting on semester grades? Just trying to figure out why I still don't have a decision yet from an interview in Feb... thinking they are either waiting for final semester grades before giving a decision or I am flat out denied and they haven't given out rejections?
I’ve been waiting to hear back since my informational session and I haven’t had any pending items/grades. My current philosophy for myself is that it isn’t a rejection until I see a letter telling me it is.

I'm low-key worried there's not going to be any waitlist movement... :(

Reactions: 6 users
I'm low-key worried there's not going to be any waitlist movement... :(
I’ve said this before but LECOM is the only DO school that hasn’t started taking people off the waitlist (from the schools I applied to at least).
I don’t think many are getting off at all.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
just outta curiosity, has any tried emailing/calling anyone about getting more information?

Wasn't waitlist movement supposed to happen soon? is there a specific date we should expect it this month or has that date already gone by? Haha just wondering. I feel like someone said middle of May but I'm too lazy at this point to look through this 100 page forum for answers :p

Wasn't waitlist movement supposed to happen soon? is there a specific date we should expect it this month or has that date already gone by? Haha just wondering. I feel like someone said middle of May but I'm too lazy at this point to look through this 100 page forum for answers :p
People were only estimating mid May because of the deadline May 15th deadline on AACOMAS?? But LECOM has been saying it was gonna start May since JAN/FEB!!! And still no movement. I’m banking on other schools to take me off the WL currently

Members don't see this ad :)
People were only estimating mid May because of the deadline May 15th deadline on AACOMAS?? But LECOM has been saying it was gonna start May since JAN/FEB!!! And still no movement. I’m banking on other schools to take me off the WL currently
Oh got it! thanks for clarifying. I guess May 15th it is! Will hold on to hope until then for there to be waitlist movement lol.

Reactions: 1 users
I feel like they
Oh got it! thanks for clarifying. I guess May 15th it is! Will hold on to hope until then for there to be waitlist movement lol.
my question is why would someone wait until the day before to drop? Like I feel like this week and last week was the time to drop?

I feel like they

my question is why would someone wait until the day before to drop? Like I feel like this week and last week was the time to drop?
Haha maybe not, but perhaps admissions know that May15th is the date as well, so the admissions purposely wait for that date before moving forward with further decisions. They are probably just collecting a full picture first. This is the optimistic side of me speaking. In reality, it's likely that there are no seats left considering they may have over accepted and this year has been wild in terms of applications.

I feel like they

I mean I got into my top choice today so that's why im dropping. from Erie

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I spoke to Elmira a few days ago and Jessica said even though they had said May 15 was the earliest movement would be there still may be a bit of a delay in notifying people off the alternate list. Also I'm pretty sure they will send letters not emails about it for now and as it gets closer to the start of school they still start calling people.

Reactions: 10 users
I spoke to Elmira a few days ago and Jessica said even though they had said May 15 was the earliest movement would be there still may be a bit of a delay in notifying people off the alternate list. Also I'm pretty sure they will send letters not emails about it for now and as it gets closer to the start of school they still start calling people.
Dude thank you SO MUCH for the update. It sucks we have to wait so long but it will be worth it.
I’m assuming if you have a portal change AFTER a waitlist, then you’re accepted.
Thanks again!

Reactions: 5 users
Hi everyone, congratulations to those who got accepted and I hope those on the waitlist will hear good news soon! I wanted to invite you all to join our discord server for the LECOM Erie Medical School Class of 2025! It will also be inclusive to the MMS students that are entering in August. I was in the program and I'm now matriculating into the medical school, my fellow MMS peers and I would love to pay it forward and help you all out too! If you have any questions about the MMS program, please feel free to PM me. Thank you!

Dude thank you SO MUCH for the update. It sucks we have to wait so long but it will be worth it.
I’m assuming if you have a portal change AFTER a waitlist, then you’re accepted.
Thanks again!
+1, really appreciate you sharing this information with us. Someone said it earlier on this site: As much as this forum can be of help, right now it certainly is adding to the anxiety of waiting lol

Does any one know who we address our letter of intent to. Do we address it to a specific person or perhaps address it to admissions. Any input on this question would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if it has already been asked.

Does any one know who we address our letter of intent to. Do we address it to a specific person or perhaps address it to admissions. Any input on this question would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if it has already been asked.
I would just do it the admissions comittee. Maybe someone else has a different opinion, but that's just what i did.

Admission committee

weirdly I got an EMAIL today from LECOM Bradenton stating I did not get an interview.. basically an R but I had interviewed at LECOM Elmira so is this an R from LECOM In general or just LECOM Bradenton. Anyone else get this email?

Reactions: 1 users
weirdly I got an EMAIL today from LECOM Bradenton stating I did not get an interview.. basically an R but I had interviewed at LECOM Elmira so is this an R from LECOM In general or just LECOM Bradenton. Anyone else get this email?
I got the email from Bradenton but I am wailtsted at Elmira LECOM. However Bredenton said they looked favorably on my application??? Did yours say that as well? I am assuming its a general email sent to everyone

It’s from Bradenton only as they are a separate campus with a separate application.

I got the email from Bradenton but I am wailtsted at Elmira LECOM. However Bredenton said they looked favorably on my application??? Did yours say that as well? I am assuming its a general email sent to everyone
Mine said that as well.

Yep mine said the favorably part too

Yep mine said the favorably part too
I haven't gotten that email? My Bradenton application has been stuck at "admissions is reviewing your application" since August. I'm sure the cycle is over but I still haven't gotten any email from them yet

I haven't gotten that email? My Bradenton application has been stuck at "admissions is reviewing your application" since August. I'm sure the cycle is over but I still haven't gotten any email from them yet

samesies. im on the Erie waitlist and haven’t gotten a florida R

does this mean there’s a chance?
jk

Alternate List Information and Interest Survey email. Fingers crossed!

are the emails only from Bradenton or from the other three campuses?

Got the email. Waitlisted at Erie. Did you guys submit another LOI or just fill out the survey?

I only applied to Erie and Elmira. I'm on WL for Elmira but haven't gotten any email. What's happening here?

Got the email. Waitlisted at Erie. Did you guys submit another LOI or just fill out the survey?
I only submitted the survey. I do feel like a LOI would set people apart since they do have such a big waitlist though. So, if it is your top choice 100% do it.

anyone from Elmira get an email??? freaking out rn
Nah don't freak out. Seems like only Erie ppl got it. Campuses send these updates out at different times