2020-2021 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Best of luck to everyone! Hoping to hear back today from Erie before I sign my housing lease for WV!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
the alternate list is numbered/ranked? or how ever responds early? how does alternate list work?
I asked that and was told that there is no ranking for either list for the Elmira campus. I was told that they look at the candidates holistically and make their decisions after reviewing the entire application packet.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I asked that and was told that there is no ranking for either list for the Elmira campus. I was told that they look at the candidates holistically and make their decisions after reviewing the entire application packet.
Do you know which list they look at first? I thought we had determined earlier in the forum that both lists were equal.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you know which list they look at first? I thought we had determined earlier in the forum that both lists were equal.
I was also under the impression that WL/alternate list are the same. I believe there is only one list per campus, and none are ranked.

what ever be the case, we have to wait until the first day of class. Lucky one will get to know the result before..

So I attended the choose DO virtual fair today and Jessica said that the Alternate list and the WL were 2 different lists, but couldn't specify which list gave a better chance of getting off 😭

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
So I attended the choose DO virtual fair today and Jessica said that the Alternate list and the WL were 2 different lists, but couldn't specify which list gave a better chance of getting off 😭
Lol Idk why they’re giving misleading information because I was told by SH directly that it’s the same list.

• Sad
  • Hmm
Members don't see this ad :)
what the heck. lol. Okay hasn’t everyone from Erie and SH gotten “alternate” ?

Reactions: 1 users
Is the fair over? Someone else wanna ask 😂😂

The fair ended a couple hours ago 😭
Haha dang it 😭

There's barely been any movement, so I can't even tell if knowing they're separate (or not) is a good thing anymore.

Cheers to all you, my friends in limbo :)

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I was told that as well, they are different lists. I posted like 2 pages ago about it, but got roasted they were the same lol...

• Sad
  • Haha
I was told that as well, they are different lists. I posted like 2 pages ago about it, but got roasted they were the same lol...
they literally told us that it was the same list when a lot of people asked... like this is crazy

Haha dang it 😭

There's barely been any movement, so I can't even tell if knowing they're separate (or not) is a good thing anymore.

Cheers to all you, my friends in limbo :)

I am hoping that the lack of WL movement is because they are trimming down the WL based upon the interest surveys and are truly looking at it holistically...

Edit: But alas, that is my optimistic self coming about lmao we will find out ig

Who here actually has a piece of paper emailed to them that says waitlist?! I was told they were the same back in November.

Who wants to call them tomorrow and ask about separate lists to assuage this new anxiety we all have :rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Haha
I don't understand why they can't just be transparent with us... the least they can do is clarify the alternate/WL terminology :/

• Sad
This is what the portal says for me:
"We received your confirmation to accept a seat on the Alternate list. You will be informed as changes are made to your status. Notification of acceptance may occur up until the first day of class"

Anyone have something more specific that says waitlist?

This is what the portal says for me:
"We received your confirmation to accept a seat on the Alternate list. You will be informed as changes are made to your status. Notification of acceptance may occur up until the first day of class"

Anyone have something more specific that says waitlist?
Mine also says alternate :)

Guys and gals. I know it'd hard, but you're working yourselves up over some terminology that could easily be misinformation or an accident. Please, drink some water and take some time off away from the forums right now. Engage in your hobbies. You're stressing yourself over something that you can't change at this hour of the day, and you don't stand to gain any benefit from it. Come back tomorrow when their offices are open and someone can get clarification and answers.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
Who wants to call them tomorrow and ask about separate lists to assuage this new anxiety we all have :rofl::rofl::rofl:
I tried calling Elmira and it said “if you know your party’s extension dial that now” or something like that but no one gave me one and it wouldn’t push me through to a general line. If someone wants to give me an extension and a name, I’ll call lol

I called Erie admissions and they told me that the alternate list and waitlist are two separate lists. The alternate list is made earlier on in the cycle and the waitlist is made towards the end of the cycle and is shorter as well. They said they take people off both lists and one isn’t necessarily viewed more favorably than the other.

Reactions: 9 users
I called Erie admissions and they told me that the alternate list and waitlist are two separate lists. The alternate list is made earlier on in the cycle and the waitlist is made towards the end of the cycle and is shorter as well. They said they take people off both lists and one isn’t necessarily viewed more favorably than the other.
and what is the point of 2 ??

Thank you for letting us know!!

Is it possible that this is different for Elmira or SH?

Man i am really interested in what schools have seats open and who is holding more than two seats…if AACOMAS had a live stat for that, it would definitely alleviate a lot of this waiting stress lmaooo wishful thinking am i right

Reactions: 7 users
Man i am really interested in what schools have seats open and who is holding more than two seats…if AACOMAS had a live stat for that, it would definitely alleviate a lot of this waiting stress lmaooo wishful thinking am i right
When I called today, they said the Erie clads isn’t completely full but it is mostly full. I also thought you couldn’t hold more than 2 seats after may 15th, but it seems people still are.

• Hmm
anyone wanna a call and see if Elmira is almost full lol?

I heard the same, alternate and waitlist the same. However, I did see somewhere from a previous thread that for some later interviewers, there may be a "waitlist" as in, a shortlist since they are very qualified and highly favored, but interviewed very late, so they might be considered first before alternates? Again, this is something i might have read from a previous thread and from my memory, so don't quote me on that, but it is a reasonable possibility.
I will quote my quote from page 100, lol. Not surprising news about the two lists ;)

To me it sounds like those “very qualified” applicants on the shorter waitlist applied late because they didn’t make it into MD schools. Just a thought. Why would LECOM want students that chose DO school as their backup 🤨

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users
Y’all, I’m stalking other DO threads and every other DO school (at least, most of them) is giving ALOT of love to their waitlist folks. Idk why no one wants to drop LECOM. Don’t get me wrong, I will gladly move to Erie or Elmira or SH for a spot but wowow

When I called today, they said the Erie clads isn’t completely full but it is mostly full. I also thought you couldn’t hold more than 2 seats after may 15th, but it seems people still are.

Yeah, i’ve also been stalking others and kind of amazed how many of them are giving out the WL As…hoping we get some soon on here! Ngl knowing it isn’t full yet is nice to know

I also think it is very interesting that there hasn’t been a lot of WL movement for LECOM…considering that many do have this school and other DOs as a backup

Y’all, I’m stalking other DO threads and every other DO school (at least, most of them) is giving ALOT of love to their waitlist folks. Idk why no one wants to drop LECOM. Don’t get me wrong, I will gladly move to Erie or Elmira or SH for a spot but wowow
Lol Idk why they’re giving misleading information because I was told by SH directly that it’s the same list.

except NYIT apparently lolol

Guys! Hasn’t LECOM been super behind in this process compared to other schools? The WL movement will happen!! Keep the faith! ❤️

• Care
I also think it is very interesting that there hasn’t been a lot of WL movement for LECOM…considering that many do have this school and other DOs as a backup
I like to believe that they will have a massive waitlist movement sometime soon after confirming all the final open seats and interest surveys. But that's just me. I also believe the Earth is flat.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
I like to believe that they will have a massive waitlist movement sometime soon after confirming all the final open seats and interest surveys. But that's just me. I also believe the Earth is flat.
So Elmira's interest survey was due the 7th, Erie's didn't necessarily have an explicit due date mid May, what about SH? Or was that concluded to be done in April?

So Elmira's interest survey was due the 7th, Erie's didn't necessarily have an explicit due date mid May, what about SH? Or was that concluded to be done in April?
Yes its possible we got the last due interest survey, which happened to be Elmira. Hopefully they are consolidating everything now and about to make a big release. I'm still hopeful. Specific others that already may have gotten plucked from the waitlist might have been a specific circumstance to fill a certain need of the school before going through that master list. All conjecture of course :)

• Love
There this going to be movement. Hope you all (and myself) are part of the wave. Take care of yourselves first and foremost.