2020-2021 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes its possible we got the last due interest survey, which happened to be Elmira. Hopefully they are consolidating everything now and about to make a big release. I'm still hopeful. Specific others that already may have gotten plucked from the waitlist might have been a specific circumstance to fill a certain need of the school before going through that master list. All conjecture of course :)
There this going to be movement. Hope you all (and myself) are part of the wave. Take care of yourselves first and foremost.

Foxhole kind of people right here

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
So Elmira's interest survey was due the 7th, Erie's didn't necessarily have an explicit due date mid May, what about SH? Or was that concluded to be done in April?
My interest survey for Elmira was due 6/11. Interview date was last week of April. Probably we don’t hear anything until after 6/11.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
I love the positivity on this thread! Hoping for the best for you all. We are all deserving in our own ways, and I know it work out in the end :)

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just want to say that despite there not being any big waitlist movement, all of you have been so kind and encouraging.❤️I hope all of you guys the very best!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
Withdrew my seat from the Erie Lecture Pathway today! Hope it goes to one of you. Good luck, everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
I will be withdrawing from the alternate list at Elmira. I got into my first choice this morning and wishing everyone on this thread the best of luck. Seriously love the positive and supportive vibes of this SDN thread.

• Love
I will be withdrawing from the alternate list at Elmira. I got into my first choice this morning and wishing everyone on this thread the best of luck. Seriously love the positive and supportive vibes of this SDN thread.
congratulations! :)

Hello all,
I was hoping if anyone will give an honest feedback. If you attended info session at LECOM (elmira) very late at April, and haven't heard back anything from them (no alternate list, no update), does it mean an automatic R? Or are they still processing late interviews?
My interview was very last, i got alternate list decision on may 24th.

Yeah I don't want to be that guy, but I don't think there's gonna be any WL movement for Elmira, I feel like they already have the seats filled, just a feeling
Yes I’ve kept my expectations real for this considering it’s already mid June and thought May was the timeline for real waitlist movement .
Still hopeful! But lowered my expectations for sure lol. Hang in there everyone but stay productive

Reactions: 5 users
apparently, there was an accepted students day for lecom Elmira so idk I'm guessing the class is most likely full or there are very few spots left...

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
apparently, there was an accepted students day for lecom Elmira so idk I'm guessing the class is most likely full or there are very few spots left...
Wow! This is unbelievable. I thought every year there was a lot of waitlist/ alternate movement. What is up with this year? So strange.

• Sad
Wow! This is unbelievable. I thought every year there was a lot of waitlist/ alternate movement. What is up with this year? So strange.
i really wanna call them and ask but after the last interest email they sent which was kind of passive-aggressive I'm hesitant

I will be withdrawing my acceptance to LECOM-Erie’s Primary Care Scholars Program to attend my top choice closer to home. Good luck to those still waiting.

Reactions: 7 users
I will be withdrawing my acceptance from LECOM-Elmira today. Best of luck to those still waiting, hope it goes to one of you.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
A to Erie this morning! First A.. interview Dec and alternate listed a couple months later. Surprised at this A because I’m not from the area or ties to rural, really grateful.

I was in the middle of studying for a mcat retake because mine was expiring. so happy

I will be keeping this A unless I get into my state schools from their waitlists :)
Congrats!!

A to Erie this morning! First A.. interview Dec and alternate listed a couple months later. Surprised at this A because I’m not from the area or ties to rural, really grateful.

I was in the middle of studying for a mcat retake because mine was expiring. so happy

I will be keeping this A unless I get into my state schools from their waitlists :)
They informed you via email?? Congrats! Stats?

has anyone been accepted off the alternate list for SH this is making me crazy 😵‍💫

Congratulations!! Excited to see anyone get off the waitlist right now 😊
Do you mind sharing what pathway?

Seems like waitlist movement is starting, good luck to everyone!

Does anyone know if any of the LECOM campuses are requiring the COVID Vaccine?

Yes, that's how they are keeping track of us for MS3/4 during rotations

But fr, I have not heard anything. I am ASSUMING they would tell you that well in advance before coming on campus of they did have that requirement. Admissions question IMO!

Last week, Someone withdrew their seat from Erie, and someone else got accepted this week. Nice!! Congratulations!!

Don’t want to be the Debbie downer but they are literally choosing 1 student every couple weeks! I think the class cohorts are full! I would take the alternative/waitlist as a silent rejection and start preparing for the next cycle! Sorry guys don’t want to have false hope!

Don’t want to be the Debbie downer but they are literally choosing 1 student every couple weeks! I think the class cohorts are full! I would take the alternative/waitlist as a silent rejection and start preparing for the next cycle! Sorry guys don’t want to have false hope!

Maybe. Maybe not. Nobody knows and it’s important to remember that. Don’t lose hope but your point of preparing for future cycles is absolutely spot on.

Nothing anyone can do now but focus on themselves.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I agree with you.

Maybe. Maybe not. Nobody knows and it’s important to remember that. Don’t lose hope but your point of preparing for future cycles is absolutely spot on.

Nothing anyone can do now but focus on themselves.

I woke up last night to the thought that the large WL movement we have been waiting for will happen after my June 19th MCAT date...so, if it is true, I'll take the egocentric route and apologize for LECOM waiting on my behalf just to screw with me

• Haha
I woke up last night to the thought that the large WL movement we have been waiting for will happen after my June 19th MCAT date...so, if it is true, I'll take the egocentric route and apologize for LECOM waiting on my behalf just to screw with me
same with me LOL I took June 4th mcat but was hoping for a miracle to be pulled off WL before that so i could avoid it 😂

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Damn, Promised myself I wouldn't go back on SDN but this time last year I remember how I felt.
I was on the LECOM alternate list in december 2019 and prayed I'd get pulled off but never actually got pulled off despite sending multiple letters of intent. If I were you guys don't let this consume you, if your only waitlist is LECOM just hope for the best but prepare for the worst. I ended up not getting in and having to reapply and did so much more broadly, the second time around I got 5 II's and 3 acceptances. The main point I want to get across is stay strong. I remember feeling terrible and anxious 24/7 just waiting and waiting. Don't let waitlist purgatory consume you and please take care of yourselves. I'm starting med school this fall now and honestly thought I'd never be a med student after finally getting rejected. Keep improving your scores/app (MCAT/GPA/Volunteering) and something will work out!

• Care
  • Love
Damn, Promised myself I wouldn't go back on SDN but this time last year I remember how I felt.
I was on the LECOM alternate list in december 2019 and prayed I'd get pulled off but never actually got pulled off despite sending multiple letters of intent. If I were you guys don't let this consume you, if your only waitlist is LECOM just hope for the best but prepare for the worst. I ended up not getting in and having to reapply and did so much more broadly, the second time around I got 5 II's and 3 acceptances. The main point I want to get across is stay strong. I remember feeling terrible and anxious 24/7 just waiting and waiting. Don't let waitlist purgatory consume you and please take care of yourselves. I'm starting med school this fall now and honestly thought I'd never be a med student after finally getting rejected. Keep improving your scores/app (MCAT/GPA/Volunteering) and something will work out!
When did you get accepted, where you waitlisted for this cycle too? Stats?

I called Elmira today and was told that there is movement on the Alternate list but they wouldn't say how much. I was told that they could pull from the list through the 2nd week of classes.

Does anyone remember if we get 2 secondary invite emails from both Bradenton and Erie? I got one for Bradenton but it’s not letting me fill it out for Erie too. (And yes I applied for both on the primary)

I called Elmira today and was told that there is movement on the Alternate list but they wouldn't say how much. I was told that they could pull from the list through the 2nd week of classes.

With so many other schools having WL movement, and yet we have seen very little on here, I still believe it is coming...only one way to find out tho lmao--waiting. the lovely lovely waiting

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone remember if we get 2 secondary invite emails from both Bradenton and Erie? I got one for Bradenton but it’s not letting me fill it out for Erie too. (And yes I applied for both on the primary)
Yes I got two different emails

With so many other schools having WL movement, and yet we have seen very little on here, I still believe it is coming...only one way to find out tho lmao--waiting. the lovely lovely waiting
I just dont understand why LECOM has seemingly little waitlist movement

Anyone have the contact for Erie so I can ask about alternate list movement

I just dont understand why LECOM has seemingly little waitlist movement

I think there is some truth to most of the speculations that have been said so far. Personally, with my speculation of all speculations, I am going with that LECOM expected high WL movement, hence giving out what we think is a long WL list. They filled their class with the outstanding interviews and then have been fitting individuals from the WL pool that fit who left (i.e. URM/ORM, stats, etc etc). Eventually, that short/arbitrary list of people will diminish as those with higher stats will get accepted off other WL. So, what will they do? Figure out who really wants to go to their institution, find out their preferences of campus, and THEN go off that list.

TLDR: we wait :lol:

I (and I’m sure many of us here) would take an acceptance in a heartbeat, but I think it is absolutely absurd that they expect to pull students off the WL more than a week after the term has started.

I (and I’m sure many of us here) would take an acceptance in a heartbeat, but I think it is absolutely absurd that they expect to pull students off the WL more than a week after the term has started.
Especially one involving a move from Florida 😂

• Wow