2020-2021 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just completed the Admit video for Erie. Only one ethics question, the rest were pretty general. Don't be afraid to stop the recording early because I found myself rambling and probably made myself sound like a fool toward the end of some questions. I think the best thing I did to prep was open up the webcam on my computer and pretend to introduce myself and answer some fake interview-style questions before I started the Admit Video so I could get over the cringy setup. Happy to answer any questions, PM me!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Got interview invite as well, OOS, 3.95 gpa and 504 mcat

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Alyssa is sooo nice. I'm sure they will understand. Sending you good vibes

She just reached out to me and reached out to Ms. Moreno and updated
Alyssa is sooo nice. I'm sure they will understand. Sending you good vibes

Thank you for the good vibes :)
Ms. Alyssa reached out to me this morning but last night they gave me a reattempt link to finish my last question!
Just finished so fingers crossed!

Members don't see this ad :)
During my Zoom session, Ms. Alyssa was very understanding of the weirdness of the interview process at least from my perspective. Based on my interaction I'd say you'll be fine. Just to give a bit of reassurance

Thank you I appreciate the reassurance!! I was able to successfully re-attempt :)

Good Luck!

Just got an II today, but I wasn't able to schedule my Zoom session until 9/18. Does anyone know if people with mid-september zoom sessions will still have the choice of receiving a decision by 9/30?

Just got an II today, but I wasn't able to schedule my Zoom session until 9/18. Does anyone know if people with mid-september zoom sessions will still have the choice of receiving a decision by 9/30?
When did you have your secondary processed?

I would choose the pathway you want first, then rank the campuses. Don't choose a campus that doesn't have the pathway you want. It's so early in the cycle, I think you will be ok choosing Erie if that's your first choice. There is so solid evidence that Erie is harder to get in to, plus they have the most pathways to choose from so "technically" there are more seats.
Thanks for the input! I really want to do PBL which is why I would be fine with ranking Seton Hill #1, but now I’m leaning towards ranking Erie first since it’s more convenient for me. Thank you!!

Thanks for the input! I really want to do PBL which is why I would be fine with ranking Seton Hill #1, but now I’m leaning towards ranking Erie first since it’s more convenient for me. Thank you!!
I live close to seton hill in comparison to other campuses which is why I ranked it as number 1 as it will help me be close to my parents. Therefore your reasoning completely makes sense! I thought erie has pbl as well?

Anyone still without a checklist in the 'Required Letters and Credits - View Folder Items' for LECOM-E? Or does this just mean II likely imminent for Erie? I see one for LECOM-B but nothing for Erie yet.

I live close to seton hill in comparison to other campuses which is why I ranked it as number 1 as it will help me be close to my parents. Therefore your reasoning completely makes sense! I thought erie has pbl as well?
Yep it does! I just wasn’t sure if it would affect their decision to accept me, since I thought Erie was more popular than Seton Hill. But I’ve gotten advice from most people saying it wouldn’t affect it so I’ll be ranking Erie first!

II for Elmira 2 days ago. Any suggestions on when I should send the recorded interview portion before my Zoom session (8/21)?

II for Elmira 2 days ago. Any suggestions on when I should send the recorded interview portion before my Zoom session (8/21)?

I sent mine the day of my Zoom session and they said that was fine (wanted to send it a few days before but I was out of town and didn’t have any interview-appropriate clothes with me). So anytime between now and the 21st should be good. Congrats on the interview!

Members don't see this ad :)
Personally, I don't think it matters. People seem to be all over the place doing it the day after they get the II or even the day of the Zoom session. The best time to do it is when you feel the most prepared.

Do it when you’re ready

Hi guys! Does "Thank you for interviewing at the Elmira Campus, you will be notified when the committee makes a decision on your application." on your portal mean that your interview package is complete? I finished the recorded video interview but did not get a confirmation email afterwards so I want to make sure everything was received.

Just did my Erie interview....not too bad honestly. Pretty straight forward and very comfortable...I will say the 1:30 to answer got me on one of my questions and I ran out of time

Just did my Erie interview....not too bad honestly. Pretty straight forward and very comfortable...I will say the 1:30 to answer got me on one of my questions and I ran out of time
Hey congrats! Can you explain further what the interview was?

Hey congrats! Can you explain further what the interview was?

You have 5 questions, 30 seconds to think of a response and 1:30 to answer the question! Pretty straight forward and quick. You also have 3 practice attempts at the beginning where you can test your mic, video, etc. and Mae sure everything is good to go

You have 5 questions, 30 seconds to think of a response and 1:30 to answer the question! Pretty straight forward and quick. You also have 3 practice attempts at the beginning where you can test your mic, video, etc. and Mae sure everything is good to go
Oh ok! I think my friend said MD schools were doing this to, she called it VITA interview. Is there another interview after or no?

Oh ok! I think my friend said MD schools were doing this to, she called it VITA interview. Is there another interview after or no?

Yeah some MD programs will invite you to complete ether VITA interview in addition to normal interview. For LECOM the interview format I described above is the only part of the interview process.

Anyone heard of any A's coming out these days? According to last year's thread some of the earliest people should be hearing back from their interviews around this time

Anyone heard of any A's coming out these days? According to last year's thread some of the earliest people should be hearing back from their interviews around this time
No decision yet. I interviewed 7/4 and went to the 7/9 info session. Hoping to hear something soon!

Reactions: 4 users
Secondary received August 3rd, Secondary submitted August 3rd, Email notifying me that my application is under review and monitor the status received today. They seem to be moving faster than LECOM-B.

Erie II today! Secondary submitted on 7/27 (they definitely looked at it holistically bc my mcat was no bueno)

How many days after you received the "under review" email did your II come? Congrats!

No decision yet. I interviewed 7/4 and went to the 7/9 info session. Hoping to hear something soon!

I was at the 7/9 session too. They said “mid-to-late August at the earliest” so I’m not sure what to expect. I looked over last year’s thread and it looks like the earliest acceptances were dated 8/16, but all the early acceptances were from Seton Hill. The earliest Erie acceptance was dated 9/5.

(Yes, I realize I’m an obsessive loser.)

I’m hoping we hear something by the end of this month. And I’m hoping they decide to inform us by email instead of USPS, due to postal delays. If my portal changes and I have to wait on a letter I’m gonna be a mess.

Reactions: 6 users
Erie II today! Secondary submitted on 7/27 (they definitely looked at it holistically bc my mcat was no bueno)
Amazing news . Wow what a quick turn around. Same thing happened to my class mate with pretty low stats . He told me his LM was 61 and he is not URM. I applied same time mid July as a traditional applicant LM 73 and no II so far . Just have to sit in the waiting room.

The $1500 matriculation fee doesn't mean we are committing to the school right? Just want to double check

The $1500 matriculation fee doesn't mean we are committing to the school right? Just want to double check
Yes and no. The 1500 is to save your spot but it’s not a binding agreement. You can give up your spot and your money to take an A somewhere else.

Amazing news . Wow what a quick turn around. Same thing happened to my class mate with pretty low stats . He told me his LM was 61 and he is not URM. I applied same time mid July as a traditional applicant LM 73 and no II so far . Just have to sit in the waiting room.
What is an "LM" please & thanks?!

To add to the above, it's main use is finding schools for which you are competitive stats wise (and serves as an easy, anonymous summary of both your MCAT and cGPA that you can share on the internet).

I am under review but never got email when it became under review. I got email saying it was processed on 7/6.Anybody know what this means?

How long did it take the portal status to change after the zoom session?

How long did it take the portal status to change after the zoom session?
I attended the Zoom session today and it updated today to "thank you for interviewing well let ya know"

I attended the Zoom session today and it updated today to "thank you for interviewing well let ya know"
I attended mine on Thursday, but my portal status still says "congratulations, you have been selected for an interview..."

how was the zoom session for you!!
I would say it was pretty organized. Small presentation from admin and then mostly Q & A for a very long time. I felt like they kept calling on the same people, my questions never got answered. Overall, I was more impressed doing this asynchronous interview than when I did it with SH in April.

Getting worried here, submitted secondary on 6/20 with AIS, mcat received 7/21. 511MCAT 3.56gpa, application has been under review. Anyone else with these stats get an II?

Getting worried here, submitted secondary on 6/20 with AIS, mcat received 7/21. 511MCAT 3.56gpa, application has been under review. Anyone else with these stats get an II?

hello fellow stats twin (my transcript GPA is a 3.56 anyways, too lazy to go find AACOMAS one)

I got an II on 7/7 from Erie after submitting secondary on 6/16. Hopefully your time come :)